• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♫ Telepathic Melodies ♫ - Psychic Pokemon Club

Would you like to see competitions implemented into the club?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
Hey guys, I'm back! Wicked3DS, thank you for running the club during the period of time that I was away. I really appreciate it. A big thank you to all the members for keeping the club alive, as well!

Most underrated Psychic Pokemon? Why?

Discuss away!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Hypho and Jynx. Jynx has many weaknesses is not very good looking and its not easy to find usually so theres not much incentive to have it on your team i still think they could use another evolution to Jynx. Hypno we have Alakazam already and hes clearly stronger hypno is a cool pokemon but hardly anyone uses it. Cant think of any others except chimecho which isnt used much and is pretty weak.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years

I'd say Hypno, mostly because it doesn't have the firepower that Alakazam/Gardevoir and types like that do because it's more defensive. It has a good enough movepool to tank and deal damage, so it's lack of attacking power is made up for in that way.

Also welcome back Musicality!

Lucky#13

Lucky Member
Years
I agree, Jynx and Hypno are definitely underrated, but then there is Xatu.
It has a lot of potential. It has great possible abilities and can make a bit of use out of some moves widely considered to be terrible.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
Hypho and Jynx. Jynx has many weaknesses is not very good looking and its not easy to find usually so theres not much incentive to have it on your team i still think they could use another evolution to Jynx. Hypno we have Alakazam already and hes clearly stronger hypno is a cool pokemon but hardly anyone uses it. Cant think of any others except chimecho which isnt used much and is pretty weak.

I'd say Hypno, mostly because it doesn't have the firepower that Alakazam/Gardevoir and types like that do because it's more defensive. It has a good enough movepool to tank and deal damage, so it's lack of attacking power is made up for in that way.

Also welcome back Musicality!

I agree, Jynx and Hypno are definitely underrated, but then there is Xatu.
It has a lot of potential. It has great possible abilities and can make a bit of use out of some moves widely considered to be terrible.

Yes, would like to take this time to reaffirm Xatu's place on the list. Magic Bounce is a great ability, but it becomes near to useless or a very risky play if you just don't have the stats, movepool et cetera. It has a lot of potential. There seems to be a common opinion here on Hypno and Jynx, both of which I hardly even use.

I would like to name another Pokemon - Girafarig. Has access to Calm Mind, nice boosting moves, as well as many high BP attacks from a range of types, but again it was gifted with really low stats that can't even dent a Pokemon regardless of how great it's coverage is.

Wicked3DS

Years
Xatu is a good choice. It's got decent enough Special Attack to hold its own and access to a fairly good movepool.

Dedenne1

Years
Girafarig is one of my least favs its hardly ever used nor does it look good. It does have no weakness to ghost types but its stats arent very good at all.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
whaaat girafarig is one of my favourites though ;__;

Most people would call it a mediocre pokemon with a boring design. I'd call it a pokemon that's based off one of my favourite animals, has an amazingly fun to say palindromic name, the ability to bend minds and shoot thunderbolts and a lovable aura about it. In other words, Girafarig is simply the best. Its stats might not match those of Mew or Mewtwo but it's certainly a great pokemon in its own rights. So come on guys, bring out your inner mindbending giraffe taming skills and go train one. You won't regret it. :)

Xatu and Sigilyph also don't get much love after being overshadowed by stuff like Espeon and Musharna. I love my psychic/flyings as well and believe they deserve more love than they get. Both of them are deadly if used right while also having quirky and interesting designs. :D

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
Xatu is a good choice. It's got decent enough Special Attack to hold its own and access to a fairly good movepool.

Girafarig is one of my least favs its hardly ever used nor does it look good. It does have no weakness to ghost types but its stats arent very good at all.

whaaat girafarig is one of my favourites though ;__;

Most people would call it a mediocre pokemon with a boring design. I'd call it a pokemon that's based off one of my favourite animals, has an amazingly fun to say palindromic name, the ability to bend minds and shoot thunderbolts and a lovable aura about it. In other words, Girafarig is simply the best. Its stats might not match those of Mew or Mewtwo but it's certainly a great pokemon in its own rights. So come on guys, bring out your inner mindbending giraffe taming skills and go train one. You won't regret it. :)

Xatu and Sigilyph also don't get much love after being overshadowed by stuff like Espeon and Musharna. I love my psychic/flyings as well and believe they deserve more love than they get. Both of them are deadly if used right while also having quirky and interesting designs. :D

It's nice to hear a viewpoint from a person that likes this Pokemon. To each his own however, I may actually try training one one day and see how I enjoy using it. Access to nice moves like Energy Ball, TBolt and Foul Play can't hurt, too. I'll breed one when I get to it, and maybe it'll change my view towards it.

Agreed. Xatu has potential, as I stated earlier. It just loses out on usage because Espeon overshadows it with better stats, but it definitely has a niche when using it's ability, allowing it to function as a hazard deterrent. please give it a mega

Years
It's nice to hear a viewpoint from a person that likes this Pokemon. To each his own however, I may actually try training one one day and see how I enjoy using it. Access to nice moves like Energy Ball, TBolt and Foul Play can't hurt, too. I'll breed one when I get to it, and maybe it'll change my view towards it.

Agreed. Xatu has potential, as I stated earlier. It just loses out on usage because Espeon overshadows it with better stats, but it definitely has a niche when using it's ability, allowing it to function as a hazard deterrent. please give it a mega

I loved Xatu, it was one of my fave 2nd Gen Pokemon but it's just sad Espeon outclasses it. Xatu does have some interesting moves to work with and its design is actually very interesting in my opinion. It definitely gives off the image of a totem pole with its body.

Also, I feel Beheeyem a.k.a. that little alien from 5th Gen is also very underrated to the point its evolution line is forgettable. I think the concept of Elgyem and Beheeyem's designs is very awesome (being based on the grey alien) and they do have some interesting tactics but they get heavily outclassed by Slowbro, Slowking, Reuniclus and even Musharna, among other notable Trick Room abusers. It's such an awesome design and I feel so sad having to remind of its existence.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
I loved Xatu, it was one of my fave 2nd Gen Pokemon but it's just sad Espeon outclasses it. Xatu does have some interesting moves to work with and its design is actually very interesting in my opinion. It definitely gives off the image of a totem pole with its body.

Also, I feel Beheeyem a.k.a. that little alien from 5th Gen is also very underrated to the point its evolution line is forgettable. I think the concept of Elgyem and Beheeyem's designs is very awesome (being based on the grey alien) and they do have some interesting tactics but they get heavily outclassed by Slowbro, Slowking, Reuniclus and even Musharna, among other notable Trick Room abusers. It's such an awesome design and I feel so sad having to remind of its existence.

Yes, I'm actually quite the fan of Beheeyem and Elgyem's design. They actually have access to a nice variety of moves which come of a base 125 special attack, and nice boosting moves in the form of Nasty Plot. Analytic is also a really nice ability especially since one TR only lasts five turns. I imagine that if it had better stats all around it would definitely see a rise in usage.

Wicked3DS

Years
Ya know, maybe I will use Xatu in Omega Ruby (may as well start referencing the actual game I'm getting) assuming it's available. I really want to use Gallade though. Maybe I'll use both since they have different secondary types and Xatu would be Special while Gallade is Physical. It worked with Blaziken and Delphox (another awesome Psychic) in X, so I don't see why it couldn't work with those two.

Dedenne1

Years
Ya know, maybe I will use Xatu in Omega Ruby (may as well start referencing the actual game I'm getting) assuming it's available. I really want to use Gallade though. Maybe I'll use both since they have different secondary types and Xatu would be Special while Gallade is Physical. It worked with Blaziken and Delphox (another awesome Psychic) in X, so I don't see why it couldn't work with those two.

I gotta go with Gallade its special cause its more physical than other psychic types. Psyco cut FTW! I wonder if itll be postgame from Wally or something. Like Serena! That would make so much sense.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
I gotta go with Gallade its special cause its more physical than other psychic types. Psyco cut FTW! I wonder if itll be postgame from Wally or something. Like Serena! That would make so much sense.

Yeah, it has a nice design and is pretty unique in it's own right. It should be from Wally, since he's always been the mascot for the Ralts line. I'm curious as to whether he'll be using Mega Gardevoir or Gallade this time round, though it may be Gallade considering that Diantha used Gardevoir in XY.

Years
Yeah, it has a nice design and is pretty unique in it's own right. It should be from Wally, since he's always been the mascot for the Ralts line. I'm curious as to whether he'll be using Mega Gardevoir or Gallade this time round, though it may be Gallade considering that Diantha used Gardevoir in XY.

It was already confirmed a while ago that he uses Gallade, which I think is nice because it sets him apart from Diantha in that regard. Of the two, I always thought Gallade suited him better so it was nice to see it happen.

I love the Ralts line, one of my fave Psychic-types of all time. Gardevoir's the one I like better of the final stages but Gallade's really cool as well, and the fact one's physical and the other is special makes them complement each other well.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Even if the news was confirmed of Wally using a Gallade in ORAS, I still prefer the idea of him and Gardevoir. A Hoenn rival should honestly be using a final form created in the same region. Not only that, Gardevoir just seems more suitable for a kid who fell ill from whatever and then caught/raised a pokemon. I honestly feel like Wally and Gardevoir would of been better suited (i.e they kept his Gardevoir from R/S/E) but it's great seeing a change of his main partner. :) I'm really interested in how their strength/bond will turn out and if Wally will be able to use mega evolution. Excuse if any of that has already been mentioned though, since I haven't exactly read up on the news myself. :p

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
It was already confirmed a while ago that he uses Gallade, which I think is nice because it sets him apart from Diantha in that regard. Of the two, I always thought Gallade suited him better so it was nice to see it happen.

I love the Ralts line, one of my fave Psychic-types of all time. Gardevoir's the one I like better of the final stages but Gallade's really cool as well, and the fact one's physical and the other is special makes them complement each other well.

Even if the news was confirmed of Wally using a Gallade in ORAS, I still prefer the idea of him and Gardevoir. A Hoenn rival should honestly be using a final form created in the same region. Not only that, Gardevoir just seems more suitable for a kid who fell ill from whatever and then caught/raised a pokemon. I honestly feel like Wally and Gardevoir would of been better suited (i.e they kept his Gardevoir from R/S/E) but it's great seeing a change of his main partner. :) I'm really interested in how their strength/bond will turn out and if Wally will be able to use mega evolution. Excuse if any of that has already been mentioned though, since I haven't exactly read up on the news myself. :p

imma dinosaur when it comes to news updates

Yeah, I honestly perfer Gardevoir because it's more "canon" in a sense, but this will become his official partner once ORAS is out. But we haven't had much news on Gallade, so I'd reserve judegement till ORAS is out. Apparently Wally with his Mega Gallade has been revealed in CoroCoro, so I'm excited to see how that'll turn out.

Gallade is pretty underrated in its own right competitive wise, because of low stats all around with the exception of his Attack, making him very frail and largely outclassed by other Psychic types purely because the better Psychic moves all make use of the Speical stat. I'm curious to see how his Mega'll fare.

Akshat

The Pokemon King
Years
Username: Akshat
Partner Pokemon: Gardevoir
Why You Want To Join The Club: To know everyone and also psychic Pokemon are good and gardevoir is main reason for my love for psychic type i had played Pokemon Red Rescue team in it a gardevoir saved a bad trainer it really touched my heart i left crying for a while after that event.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
That's actually not too surprising considering that Wally has an unbelievably strong bond towards pokemon in general. Being ill and fragile, he probably relies on them more than others as they bring him happiness that he didn't really get during childhood. :) I think him and Mega Gallade could definitely make a competent duo and even get up to the stage of contesting gym leaders and the E4. After all, in the original R/S/E, he was constantly keeping up with the pace of the protagonist and seemed to be around every corner. Perhaps they'll pull a Cheren and make him a gym leader as well? Although I'm not sure if he's confirmed as the rival or just confirmed as a returning trainer in ORAS. :p

Also welcome Akshat! I totally forgot about the Gardevoir scene in PMD but it really was one of the numerous 'dem feels' moments in the franchise. ;__; Awesome to see that you love Gardevoir though, you'll fit right in. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back