• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: My Pokemon Mod Collection

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
Hey Grubby, I really like your Platinum Hack. I'm impressed how a Thunder Fang Snubbul pwnt everything in her way. But I hate it that I have to return to the Pokemon Center after every battle.... Keep up the Good Work!

Thanks for the positive feedback, zantetsu. ^w^ So you're playing Sol Platinum, huh? Hm, that's cool. Let me guess, you caught Snubbul over by the route before getting to Jubilife, huh? LOL I also used a Snubbul when I was playing this...Yeah, the 3 fangs do come in handy early on in the game...

And I'm sorry to hear about teh Pokemon Center thing, but hey...what can I say...That's what happens when you're playing a hack with trainers with smart AI.

I'm only kidding. How far along have you've progress and what Pokemon do you have on your team. I hope you don't mind me asking.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
I also liked that lvl 45 Gible you can catch even though you only have 2 badges. Sad that it'll take long to evolve it

The Grubby Pup

Years
I also liked that lvl 45 Gible you can catch even though you only have 2 badges. Sad that it'll take long to evolve it

LOL I know what you're talking about...You're talking the wayward cave, secret entrance, aren't you?

Damn, I was meaning to edit that and lowering the wild Pokemon level in there, but it had complete blew my mind. -_-

I think this happened because I activated the National Dex early on the game. Usually you can't gain entrance to that cave, til later on in the game.

Ya know, you're not the only person I've seen to take advantage of that. LOL But...I'm sure you want stay too long in there, beside Gible there are second stage wild Pokemon in there as well.

The Grubby Pup

Years
I need a effin' fire stone. I WAN TO EVOLVE MAH MAGMARZ

Well, since I never got around in changing the overworld items like I did in my other hacks. You're just gonna halfta catch a wild Pokemon that hold the stone.

Growlithe, Vulpix, Stunky are just a few that hold fire stone...Or you could go inside the Solacon (Whatever how you spelled that) It's the ruins where Unknown live...You can find a Fire Stone, by touching one the rocks in there...

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
'omfg i've been evading those vulpix D:.

Thanks Grubby. I got my Fire Stone. Finally have a Magmortar <3.

Last edited:

The Grubby Pup

Years
'omfg i've been evading those vulpix D:.

Thanks Grubby. I got my Fire Stone. Finally have a Magmortar <3.

LOL I probably shoulda wrote that down in the thread that most wild Pokemon in Sol Platinum holds the evolutionary stones needed to make certain Pokemon evolve. It's still like that in Neo Soul, Yin/Yang...But you can also find them on the overworld too.

Anyways, you're very welcome. ^w^ If you have anymore questions containing to the hacks, please don't hesitate in asking me. I don't mind answering your questions.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Finally have my Salamence. Removed Gabite since I have a Salamence. Also removed Granbull because Honchkrow is more reliable.
Current Team:
Lvl 38 Magmortar
Lvl 38 Honchkrow
Lvl 39 Torterra
Lvl 50 Salamence
The two pokemon slots left maybe:
Gallade
Vaporeon
Gengar
Rotom
Jolteon
Milotic.
I would be thankful if I knew what pokemon to get in these selections I typed in.

The Grubby Pup

Years
Finally have my Salamence. Removed Gabite since I have a Salamence. Also removed Granbull because Honchkrow is more reliable.
Current Team:
Lvl 38 Magmortar
Lvl 38 Honchkrow
Lvl 39 Torterra
Lvl 50 Salamence
The two pokemon slots left maybe:
Gallade
Vaporeon
Gengar
Rotom
Jolteon
Milotic.
I would be thankful if I knew what pokemon to get in these selections I typed in.

Your team is pretty good. I like how you kept there levels close together and your starter's one level higher than the rest. I knew you were gonna put up Snubbul. It's only useful at the beginning, because once you start to progress...It becomes...Well...Not weak, but it gets beaten up alot.

Anyhoo, that's exactly how I train my Pokemon. I always keep my starter a level higher than the rest. I dunno why I do this...I've been doing it since I was younger.

As for the crazy high leveled Salamence I see in there...

Dammit...So, you did take advantage of the Wayward Cave thing? Why does everybody, BUT me do this?! LOL

Anyways, I only said that, because I see that it's on level 50, while the others are around Lv 38-39.

Plus, Bagon does live inside that cave, so that another reason why it's like that. I tried making Wayward Cave like a mini Dragon Den...It's home to a few Dragon Types...and Trapinch. Oh, with the exception of Dratini.

Anyways as for your final two...And hold on now, cuz I'm gonna give ya a full assessment on my opinon...Ready?

First, let me just say...I see that you don't have a Pokemon to surf on...so I recommend...Hmm...Which one, which one...They both seem good...But I think I'm gonna edge it off to Vaporeon. It might be slower than Milotic, but it has higher heath than it.

It's other stats like. Atk, Sp. Atk, Def and Sp. Def...Are closely match. Also, another thing, it might have low Defense, but it can use Acid Armor, something Milotic can't do, to boost that stat; possibly the lowest stat it have...After speed, of course.

As for your last, I pretty much knocked Rotom off the list...I'm not gonna lie, I positively hate training legendary Pokemon, it feel so...unfair...to have one in your party.

Especially considering how high their stats are compared to the other Pokes. So if you wanna add that, it's up to you...I gotz nothing to say about it.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know N has one in Black/White, but you at least get the counterpart Dragon to fight it...And yes, I have beaten him before with regular Pokemon...It's just...tacky. I'm only saying.

Jolteon, Gengar, Gallade...All three are just...epic. But Gengar doesn't have Levitate anymore on my hack; well...At least I think I got rid of it on Sol Plat. I know, it doesn't have anymore on Neo Soul.

Anyways, I replaced it with Aftermath and Pressure, but because I did this, I boost it's defense stat. I think it's base is around 92 now.

Jolteon is nice too...I guess it would be nice to have two eevevolutions in your party. It also has a good moveset and very high speed and a good amount of Sp. Atk. It's other stats are kinda...LOL...It's not bad, but it ain't all that good neither. It has higher Sp. Def than Def, btw.

Gallade is also a good choice. You know how to get one right? You don't have to give a Dawn Stone anymore. Just level up male Kirlia to level 30, then it'll evolve. It also learns Psycho Cut, when first evolving too, so yay, neat!

Gallade have good Atk stat and Sp. Def stat and its ability Hyper Cutter keeps it from being Intimidated by Pokemon. Tho, it has low def, it's lower than Gardevoir's, but it has more speed. Both it and Gardeovir have the same base HP. Their Atk and Sp. Atk stats are flipped.

Anyways, if I had to choose...Hmmm, I would say...Jolteon. I'm only saying this, cuz majority of your team is weak against Ice, Rock and Water. You have either Milotic or Vaporeon cover for da Rock Type and Magmortar for the Ice, but nothing for Water.

Water Types can use Ice Type moves (Dewgong, Walrein...You should fear them >_<) which your Torterra and Salamence are double weak against.

I know Torterra's part grass, but let's face it, you're playing a hack where the computer were design to be smart; at least I hope they're being smart :p...They will hit your Torterra with an Ice Type move the first chance they get...Well, unless they're going by a default moveset.

It also can hurt your Honchkrow, which is just pretty much HP, Atk and Sp. Atk. And they would just straight rape Magmortar. LOL

Just think about what I'm saying to ya, I could be saving ya life. LOL I'm only kidding, but...not about the Ice thing.

Your team is still good. If I had to grade it, I would probably grade it a 88! It has a bit of Pokemon with the same type weakness, ya know.

...Damn, I wrote alot. I even didn't notice, til I looked back over it. :p

The Grubby Pup

Years
Then it's settled. Vaporeon and Gallade for the 2 Slots. Tyvm.

No, prob...Anytime. Tho, I kinda said Jolteon and Vaporeon...But Gallade works fine too. It also can cause massive damage to da Ice-Type.

It's Super Effective! LOL

Good luck with the rest of your game...If you want anymore advice or whatnot...Ya know where to come. I'm always up to answering your...inquiries.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
You can almost obtain any pokemon in this hack. I already have 267 pokemon encountered in the wild and in trainers, and i only have 4 badges. If you work hard you may find all pokemon. Btw I sense my Eevee turning into Espeon/Umbreon instead of Vaporeon because of the soothe bell that he/she holds.
E: Hey grubby, where do you find a Water Stone?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
i want this but but i dont understand what rudolf patch is

(it says it is required).
also in the package there are 2 patches. one is x delta(i know what this is) but there is another one that i dont know what to do.also how i will know if i have installed the patch corectly

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Sorry Grubby Pup if I do this, I want to help someone.
Ah, welcome to the "ReadMe" Doc of-
Pokemon Sol Platinum

Please read the instructions very carefully, so you won't mess your rom up...This is really an easy process if done correctly! Alright, now please make your way to the section below.

01. Put your rom in the GUI folder

02. Open xDelta GUI.

03. Click Select Patch.

04. Select the Pokemon Sol Platinum.patch and then click Open.

05. Click Select ROM.

07. Select your clean Rom and click Open.

06. Click Apply patch.

07. Wait patiently, as soon as you click the apply patch button the patcher
will make a 0 KB nds file, then starting puting the patch on it, when its
done the file should be at least 103,072 KB.

Please send all bug errors to the Mod Collection thread...

Thanks and happy gaming
- From Grubby Pup's Sol Platinum Readme.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Sorry Grubby Pup if I do this, I want to help someone.
Ah, welcome to the "ReadMe" Doc of-
Pokemon Sol Platinum

Please read the instructions very carefully, so you won't mess your rom up...This is really an easy process if done correctly! Alright, now please make your way to the section below.

01. Put your rom in the GUI folder

02. Open xDelta GUI.

03. Click Select Patch.

04. Select the Pokemon Sol Platinum.patch and then click Open.

05. Click Select ROM.

07. Select your clean Rom and click Open.

06. Click Apply patch.

07. Wait patiently, as soon as you click the apply patch button the patcher
will make a 0 KB nds file, then starting puting the patch on it, when its
done the file should be at least 103,072 KB.

Please send all bug errors to the Mod Collection thread...

Thanks and happy gaming
- From Grubby Pup's Sol Platinum Readme.
thanks but i already knew that . in the 1 page it says that i need to install rudolphs patch if i dont the game will freeze(thats the point i get confused).if i do what you say i will be ready to play

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Really? Well I patched my Platinum ROM w/o the Rudolph Patch, and no freezes happened! hmm...

Back