• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Is Pokerus dangerous to Pokemon?

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Topic, in Pokemon polished crystal, my female Jolteon and Glaceon got a pokerus then all of the eeveelutions (Vaporeon, Umbreon, Leafeon) had it (even the new born son of my Flareons)

After seeing the fear of a badegg in generation 3 i am wondering, is pokerus bad to my pokemon or not?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
In the main series games, Pokerus is not harmful to Pokemon at all. It's actually beneficial despite being labeled as a virus, since what it does is speed up EV gains.

I don't know if Polished Crystal specifically changes anything about Pokerus or if there's any bugs or glitches related to Pokerus in Gen 2 though.

Reactions: BH

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
In the main series games, Pokerus is not harmful to Pokemon at all. It's actually beneficial despite being labeled as a virus, since what it does is speed up EV gains.

OK thank you then

So no worries then

Too be far my generation 2 pokemon never had a pokerus before

Back