The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Games Showcase Progressing Games
PokeCademy [RECRUITING]

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!

Old December 29th, 2015 (10:45 AM). Edited January 9th, 2016 by HackerTDog.
Hacker

Nature: Calm
    Hai guys Hacker here, and i'm here to talk about a game my friend and I have started development on, but it's way too early so I'll call it an idea.
    Plot:
    Spoiler:

You're a 16-year old student attending the prestigious school named PokeCademy (See what i did there.) Where the school is know to have produced the best pokemon trainers there ever were. They've produced monsters like the Elite Four and the previous Champion.
    You, however are a lazy yet intelligent student who was chosen to attend the school. But on the day before the induction ceremony you went to a welcoming party which resulted in a crazy hangover. Now you're late for the induction ceremony and have to get there before you miss out on choosing a starter!

From here on out once you get your starter you must attend classes (or skip them) to get graded and graduate from PokeCademy. There are 3 compulsory classes that you must attend; Battle Strategy, Pokemon Biology and Pokeball Research. The rest of the classes are optional and you can skip em and do your own thing instead, but remember to be back by next period!

The type of trainers you'd encounter here are not the typical youngsters and whatnot, you either would face the generic schoolboy or schoolgirl or someone unique who develops throughout the game along with you, so you can experience the feeling of rivalry with all your classmates!
    Characters:
    Spoiler:

Meet Reia(Female Protagonist), she's a boss on the streets and a freak in the sheets. You get to see her cool, calm and collected side and her wild crazy side during your experiences throughout PokeCademy.

Meet Raphael, the lazy intellectual who's also know for being a party animal. Watch his crazy over reactions and experiences as you traverse through his life at PokeCademy.

Features (Green = Added, Yellow = Adding, Red = Not added):
    * Internal game clock
    * Crafting System
    * Relationship System
    * Changeable outfits (school uniform, PE uniform, etc)
    * Endings affected by student's choices
    * Status menu indicating STR, INT, CHAR which all affect your performance in school

Of course, these aren't all the features but I'm currently only working with a friend who is very busy so I usually come up with these ideas.
    HOWEVER, I'm looking for anyone to help us with this game, we need:

Mappers - People who can compose the maps to look interesting and attractive
    Texturers - Anything will help whether you can do tiles, trainer sprites, GUI we need help :3c
    Scripters - As of current, I'm the only scripter and i'm intermediate at best so it'd be nice to have some help
    Idea peoples - We're always open to ideas to make our game even better so please don't hesitate to suggest something.

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Generic Schoolgirl...still feel like she could be better.

The GUI would obviously change but I like the layout.

An example of where one would use your STR.

Relevant Advertising!

Old January 1st, 2016 (6:28 PM).
    ACE Trainer

Nature: Quiet
    love the concept
    Old January 1st, 2016 (6:48 PM).
    Semi-pro Game Dev

Nature: Quiet
      I'm.. not sold on the concept, but I'm interested to see how this goes, so good luck!

How much control over your strength, intelligence, and charisma will you have, and what sort of effects will they have on gameplay?

Fangame drinking game: If you see the phrase "All Pokemon" or "All Regions" in a fangame's pitch, take a drink. This game is called alcoholism.
      Old January 2nd, 2016 (12:50 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
        Interesting to say the least. What kind of game engine are you working with? Is this some sort of ROM hack with godly scripting, RPG maker, or something else?
        Old January 2nd, 2016 (4:39 AM).
        Hacker

Quote:
          Originally Posted by TBM_Christopher View Post
          I'm.. not sold on the concept, but I'm interested to see how this goes, so good luck!

How much control over your strength, intelligence, and charisma will you have, and what sort of effects will they have on gameplay?
          Sorry for the lack of depth in my brief of the game I've only started the game last week-ish but yeah these characteristics along with Agility can unlock hidden gameplay, For example there may be a dented wall that - if broken - can lead to a secret cave and lets say you need 100 STR to break it these are the sort of uses i'd like to use them for. However, more canon related things too like sports festival, certain arm wrestles heck even fist fights too.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by STARDU5T View Post
          Interesting to say the least. What kind of game engine are you working with? Is this some sort of ROM hack with godly scripting, RPG maker, or something else?
          Haha I should've clarified, I'm using RPG maker XP to use this but I wouldn't say the scripting is all too advanced.
          Old January 2nd, 2016 (2:57 PM).
          A238

Strength, Intelligence, Charisma, Agility, and Luck? I'm having some Fallout 4 flashbacks here.

But in seriousness, it seems interesting. I've been told before that I've been good at coming up with stories, so I might be able to help out with the ideas or something, if you need help in that field.

Name: Voi
            Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
            Old January 2nd, 2016 (6:03 PM).
            Hacker

Quote:
              Originally Posted by SpartaLazor View Post
              Strength, Intelligence, Charisma, Agility, and Luck? I'm having some Fallout 4 flashbacks here.

But in seriousness, it seems interesting. I've been told before that I've been good at coming up with stories, so I might be able to help out with the ideas or something, if you need help in that field.
              Haha kinda what i was going for although its to enhance the realistic aspect of this game that I want to consistently establish throughout the game. As for ideas, don't be afraid to spout anything out, if it's interesting 8 times out of 10, i'll add it in!

Quick Reply