• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON BODY STYLE CHALLENGE

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
POKEMON BODY STYLE CHALLENGE

In this challenge the team of Pokemon you use will be based on the body style of the Pokemon
There are a total of 14 different body styles Pokemon can have
Pokemon consisting of only a head
Pokemon with serpentine bodies
Pokemon with fins
Pokemon consisting of a head and arms
Pokemon consisting of a head and a base
Pokemon with a bipedal, tailed form
Pokemon consisting of a head and legs
Pokemon with a quadruped body
Pokemon with a single pair of wings
Pokemon with tentacles or a multiped body
Pokemon consisting of multiple bodies
Pokemon with a bipedal, tailless form
Pokemon with two or more pairs of wings​
Pokemon with an insectoid body​

For a full list of the Pokemon each of these groups contain go to http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_body_style

You must only use Pokemon with the body style you choose for the challenge
You can also use Pokemon that don't have that body style as long as they will evolve into a Pokemon with that body style

The game ends when you do the following:

red/blue/yellow - beat the Elite Four
gold/silver/crystal/heart gold/soul silver - beat red
ruby/sapphire - beat Elite Four
Emerald - Beat steven
diamond/pearl/platinum - beat Elite four rematch
Black/white - beat Elite Four rematch
B2/W2 - Beat N
X/Y - Beat AZ
ORAS - beat delta episode

Signups:

Username:
Game:
Body Style:
Single/Ultimate(beat one game from each region using the same body style)

Single Challengers:

Xander729 - Diamond - Pokemon with a Quadruped body
Lrachelr5 - White 2 - Pokemon with a Quadruped body

Single Champions:

Disturb Not the Harmony - Blue - Pokemon with a Quadruped body
Persian Raticate Venusaur Vaporeon Ninetales

Ultimate Challengers:

Ultimate Champions:

My Sign Up:

Xander729
Diamond
Pokemon with a quadruped body
Single

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
DIAMOND QUADRUPED BODY STYLE

- I chose Turtwig as my starter due to the fact that it was the only usable one. I was also able to capture a shinx and bidoof before taking on the first gym. The first gym was easy, I just had to click absorb on Turtwig. I then cught a buizel and pachirisu in floroama town. My turtwig and shinx evolved during the fight with Mars. I caught a ponyta outside of Eterna city and used it to defeat Gardenia after three tries. I caught a Stunky on Cycling road and am currently about to arrive in Hearthome city

My Badges: 2

My team:

Luxio Lv. 23
Grotle Lv. 20
Buizel Lv. 20
Ponyta Lv. 20
Stunky Lv. 18
Bidoof Lv. 11(The Slave)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Not trying to be a *****, but this challenge has been around before here : http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296577

Not only that, I was never notified of anyone wanting to revive it and neither has the previous owner...
First off that thread hasn't been posted on for over three years and I don't just want to try to revive an old one, and there are some different rules on that challenge then mine.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
First off that thread hasn't been posted on for over three years and I don't just want to try to revive an old one, and there are some different rules on that challenge then mine.

Yeah
Spoiler:
the rules might be slightly different and I know the challenge was dead but it is, essentially, the same challenge so it's common courtesy to at least ask whoever ran it last if it's ok to run it again.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Yeah
Spoiler:
the rules might be slightly different and I know the challenge was dead but it is, essentially, the same challenge so it's common courtesy to at least ask whoever ran it last if it's ok to run it again.

Enough Plz, I don't want you posting rude things on my challenge, the Moderator approved my challenge which means it's FINE. I'm not doing anything wrong here

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Xander's Pokemon Challenges

Pokemon Diamond Quadruped Body Style Challenge UPDATE

- I battled all of the trainers in the big loop of hearthome, solaceon, pastoria and veilstone city. I caught a hippopotas, also my buizel evolve into Floatzel. I then battled Maylene and crasher Wake, during the wake battle my luxio evolved into Luxray, it looks so cool. I'm going to go battle the ghost gym leader next.

My Badges: 4/8

My Team:

Luxray Lv. 30
Grotle Lv. 30
Ponyta Lv. 28
Stunky Lv. 28
Floatzel lv. 27
Hippopotas Lv. 27

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 8, 2018
For future reference, I think people should be allowed to use pre-evolutions with a different body style so long as they evolve them as fast as possible (so that, for instance, people can use Weedle, Caterpie, and Venonat during the "Pokemon with two or more pairs of wings" challenge for Blue) and hack in one Pokemon/pre-evolution at the beginning of the game if no starter/early-route Pokemon of their body type is available. For instance, someone playing with the "only a head" ruleset on Red wouldn't ordinarily have Pokemon of that body type available until Rock Tunnel, so they could hack in Shellder instead.

That said, I'll sign up with:
Username: Disturb Not The Harmony
Game: Blue
Body Style: Quadruped
A decent variety of Pokemon; I don't think I'll even need HM slaves. Will update soon.

---

Update 1:
Spoiler:

E4 Update:
Spoiler:

Add me to the "Single Champions" list, please?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Xander's Pokemon Diamond Quadruped Body Style Challenge

It's been a while since I played this, but I'm going to try and finish the challenge, anyway right now I'm grinding away for the Elite Four, because battling all the trainers in the game apparently only gets you to about lvl 40, 15 lvls below the E4

My Badges: 8/8

My Team:

luxray.png

Luxray Lvl. 46

torterra.png

Torterra Lvl. 45

floatzel.png

Floatzel Lvl. 45

skuntank.png

Skuntank Lvl. 42

rapidash.png

Rapidash Lvl. 41