• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Excuse me.
Is it will possible? If will enhance the area of tileset in A-Map.
Disturb help advise give me please.
Online translators = bad ._.

uhm, I think you meant to make the tileset bigger, right? Go to the Block Editor, and click the "Change Block Amount" thingy in one of the bits. Change it to whatever you want it to be. There can be times that it doesn't work, if the blocks already are too many.

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Another day another question.

I expanded Emerald's trainer list recently. Thing is, the game has been acting very...weirdly due to this. Trainers beyond the old limit have cleared trainer flags, as if they've already been fought before, which is weird, because obviously, you've never fought them before in an unedited game. They act as if they've already been battled when you definitely haven't.

But it gets stranger. Stranger danger.

I went ahead, thought nothing of it, and just used settrainerflag on all the trainers I needed, but this had very adverse effects on the game. Setting certain flags apparently altered the game's events. After setting the trainer flags for a range between 35X to 3CX for instance, the game started acting as if it were still in middle of the Kyogre/Groudon spat, where their weathers conflicted with each other. Yet, nothing was going on in Sootopolis, Sky Pillar still lacked Rayquaza, and most other things were fine. There was even rain in Evergrande. Not to mention, it wiped the player's badges, and even reverted your menu to that of what you had when you first started the game, even if you had already beaten it.

Is there something wrong? I need to know, what sort of relations do trainerflags have to do with events? Maybe I'm just not supposed to have any more trainers in Emerald then what it provides me with...

ดูดดื่ม

Hello! Im from Thailand.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
Online translators = bad ._.

uhm, I think you meant to make the tileset bigger, right? Go to the Block Editor, and click the "Change Block Amount" thingy in one of the bits. Change it to whatever you want it to be. There can be times that it doesn't work, if the blocks already are too many.

I'm sorry for translators.

I have a picture, see at red block.

Spoiler:

Thanks you for reply.
icon7.gif

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
tile inserting-wise i have the palette with identical colours as what i am inserting, however when i insert the tileset certain colours get automatically changed to a different colour in the palette. i demand an explanation! or at least a way around the problem...

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
Hey guys! Just wondering, Is there some kind of code or script to allow pokemon evolve in battle, whether its through scripting or anything?

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
Years
Spoiler:

Unfortunately that is not the case, that is the palette for the Titlescreen Background, and has nothing to do with the palette I'm looking for......

I've already done my Titlescreen, I'm looking for the palette of the Pokemon Logo itself, so that I can change it to the japanese Pokemon logo.

I just want to know the palette for the Pokemon Logo, and figure out the rest myself, so if anyone knows the offset for the Pokemon Logo Palette I would be greatly appreciative

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Excuse me.
Is it will possible? If will enhance the area of tileset in A-Map.
Disturb help advise give me please.

As far as I know, it isn't possible to expand the size of the tileset. You might be able to do it with ASM (depends on how much space in the VRAM is already being used) but that's a little beyond most people's abilities.

tile inserting-wise i have the palette with identical colours as what i am inserting, however when i insert the tileset certain colours get automatically changed to a different colour in the palette. i demand an explanation! or at least a way around the problem...

If you try to import a tileset that contains colors that aren't in that tileset's palette, it will default them to another color (I think it's the last color in the palette but I'm not sure). You should find whatever tiles are experiencing color changes and double check them in the image on your computer to make sure that they're using the exact same colors.

Hey guys! Just wondering, Is there some kind of code or script to allow pokemon evolve in battle, whether its through scripting or anything?

I'm sure that if someone fiddled around with the code for the battle engine, they could insert the evolution phase in the midst of a battle but it would require some very advanced (and extensive) ASM hacking.

Unfortunately that is not the case, that is the palette for the Titlescreen Background, and has nothing to do with the palette I'm looking for......

I've already done my Titlescreen, I'm looking for the palette of the Pokemon Logo itself, so that I can change it to the japanese Pokemon logo.

I just want to know the palette for the Pokemon Logo, and figure out the rest myself, so if anyone knows the offset for the Pokemon Logo Palette I would be greatly appreciative

That's funny. I just tried editing the data at '0xE9F624' and I ended up with this:
Spoiler:

Unless by "Pokémon Logo" you meant the "Ruby Version" text, I'm pretty sure that we are, in fact, referring to the same thing.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Whenever I try to open Advance-text, i get this message:
"Component Comctl32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid". D:
I get what this means, but where can I download 'Comctl32.ocx'?

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I'm experimenting with Pokémon Diamond. I have created a script which shows you a text and makes an OW move. Fine.

But when I try to expand this script by adding an another TextBox and Movement, it writes correctly to the ROM but it freezes when the script starts. If I remove the added section it works fine. What I'm doing wrong?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I'm experimenting with Pokémon Diamond. I have created a script which shows you a text and makes an OW move. Fine.

But when I try to expand this script by adding an another TextBox and Movement, it writes correctly to the ROM but it freezes when the script starts. If I remove the added section it works fine. What I'm doing wrong?

What you would need to do is not only add the textbox and movement, but you need to remove a few commands there, to make room for a 'call' command, then you point it to some freespace or whatever diamond uses, and put what you replaced at the top of the new script.

Then you do your script, and then return it to the call point, just be sure that if you change any variables or something you need to change them back when you return to the last call.

(Assuming that scripting in Diamond is anything like GBAscripting, or a light touch of ASM techniques... hehehe)

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
What you would need to do is not only add the textbox and movement, but you need to remove a few commands there, to make room for a 'call' command, then you point it to some freespace or whatever diamond uses, and put what you replaced at the top of the new script.

Then you do your script, and then return it to the call point, just be sure that if you change any variables or something you need to change them back when you return to the last call.

(Assuming that scripting in Diamond is anything like GBAscripting, or a light touch of ASM techniques... hehehe)

Scripting in Diamond doesn't need repointing, so you can expand the ROM. I have tried to do a "call" in the script and works fine, but if I go to the new script and I insert the command to show a message, it continues freezing.

Also, does anyone know the internal music value for Route 201? I mean, for example, the music that plays when the Starly appears is 1140 internally.

chickenofunity

Confused Chicken
Years
Change the save type to Flash 128K. This is under the emulator settings (Options -> Save Type).

Thank you very much but...
I've done that, and now it's stuck on the page that says "Greetings, his is the help system." This genuinely will not go away. What do I do now?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Thank you very much but...
I've done that, and now it's stuck on the page that says "Greetings, his is the help system." This genuinely will not go away. What do I do now?

Did you press the button set as "R" in VBA? (You may need to look at the Control Scheme to see what R is set as)

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
I'm currently hacking Pokémon FireRed. When testing it, after a certain battle, I'm not controlling the Hero anymore but another NPC which was in sight. With that NPC, I can only walk in a square of four blocks.

Does somebody know about this glitch and how to solve it?

Years
I'm currently hacking Pokémon FireRed. When testing it, after a certain battle, I'm not controlling the Hero anymore but another NPC which was in sight. With that NPC, I can only walk in a square of four blocks.

Does somebody know about this glitch and how to solve it?
This NPC that you consequently control after a battle, does it's movement in Advance Map happen to be Look Down? If so, change it to No Movement. This is a common problem.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2011
I need help with change battle and intro of ok background there are not tutorials can you help me please

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
This NPC that you consequently control after a battle, does it's movement in Advance Map happen to be Look Down? If so, change it to No Movement. This is a common problem.

Thank you very much! I thought my Rom was messed up or something, so I was a bit scared.

I've got another question though, which has to do with scripting.

First of all, am I scripting right? I click 'Open Script' in AdvanceMap, then edit the script, then click 'compile' (the two gears) and then close the script.

Say I have this text:

#org 0x18A6FE
= Whoops!\nI rushed things!

#org 0x18A715
= In this cave, I feel like another\nsimple GEODUDE.

Now, when I compile, quit and open the script again, it shows up like this:

#org 0x18A6FE
= Whoops!\nI rushed thingsIn this cave, I feel like another\nsimple GEODUDE.

#org 0x18A715
= In this cave, I feel like another\nsimple GEODUDE.

Anybody knows what's causing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back