• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
The gender ratio in my major is 3-1 men-women lol, so I definitely am part of a rather manly major. Although I always think of that as a good thing because that means when I graduate and go to apply for jobs they'll want to hire me because they have a very small percentage of women - someone from Microsoft came to our school and said out of the 40 developers in their building at the company, 2 were women, so they're kind of desperate for more.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
was kind of expecting some sort of applause after my last post, but whatever!

I don't really do anything particularly masculine or feminine. I've never played sports because I honestly cannot stand them though, lol.

The most feminine part of me comes with the TV shows and movies I like to watch. I watch Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Private Practice, Brothers & Sisters, all those shows targeted at women. I cannot get enough of them lol - though if you ask me that's not particularly feminine. Men just tend to be too afraid to be seen as girly to watch shows like that, when in fact they are amazing.

Also, I'd like to re-draw your attention to our favourite Facebook page. The guy replied, so I decided to reply back without feeding the troll lol

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
OK guys, not that it really matters all that much, but I have officially taken over the LGBT Club! Landorus hasn't posted in here for at least a month and he hasn't been on PokeCommunity at all for ten days, so now it's MINE! ALL MINE!
This club in particular is the reason I brought up the method of changing thread OPs to Alternative. :] So glad this is working out just how I planned it would~ And now I'm on the member's list here! Mwhahahaha...

Honestly, I don't do too many traditionally feminine things; I think I'm pretty masculine for the most part. The only thing that really comes to mind is my obsession for clothing... shopping is my weakness. I'll spend hooooours in the mall picking out things to buy. I just love it. :]

But no, I've never really cross-dressed or even went as far as painting my nails, or anything of the sort. Though sometimes I wish I could carry around a purse just for the fact that I could carry all my junk in it. Haha!

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Thankies SR~
This club is too awesome to let die. :p

Anyway I wanted to pose a question to everyone as it's something I'm a bit curious about.
Do you sometimes enjoy doing/wearing things that folks of the opposite gender typically do? By this I don't mean full out cross dressing, I just mean crossing the gender line for things that you like.

Why do you do it? (if applicable and you feel like answering it)

I ask these because I'm just want to know.

I don't know if this is explicitly 'femine', but I like watching soap operas and really romantic movies. Ok, I know that the romantic movies part is feminine but they're so enjoyable, lol. Overall, I'm not overly masculine but not feminine either. I do some really feminine things sometimes but at other times really male things (sometimes I act real chauvinistic for the hell of it).

Melody

Banned
Years
Zomg Hiidoran, you should so totally carry a purse. XD

:3 These are all good answers I'm seeing so far.

I probably don't cross them often. I paint my nails...and wear earrings, the latter which can arguably be said it's not so feminine...but eh. That's really the only time I see the need to ignore the line.
The funny part is, I don't really even understand why I find painting my nails enjoyable. I just do.

Optional side-quest question gogogo:
What do you think of "Gender lines/roles"? Would you rather they go away, or do you not mind them so much?

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
To answer both your questions in one, Pachy, most of the time yes I do enjoy doing things that are more typical of guys. I am trans even though I've dealt with it enough to be comfortable as a girl. I still cross gender lines, or blur them rather, and usually am more comfortable seeming more male than female. Though, it depends on the day, for me. I don't really wish that the gender lines were gone, because crossing them is entirely too interesting. Though, for certain things where sexist opinions can come into play, it would be nice if they didn't exist. XD

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Zomg Hiidoran, you should so totally carry a purse. XD
Oooooh, that's just what everyone is expecting! :P

What do you think of "Gender lines/roles"? Would you rather they go away, or do you not mind them so much?
I'm actually okay with them in a way.

I'm not saying they should be forced on a person by any means - be comfortable, be who you want to be. Buuuut I also find nothing more attractive than a guy who does what I would consider stereotypical masculine things. It's fine to be a little effeminate every now and then, but to a certain extent, I'm gay because I like the male sex aaaaaand the male gender. If the male gender was blurred, Larry wouldn't have as much fun. Then again, I guess I wouldn't know any difference if I never know it existed. o3o Food for thought.

Yeah, you know that creepy dude who watches you play football... yeah, that's me. What's up? Wanna hook up later? Call me!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
This club in particular is the reason I brought up the method of changing thread OPs to Alternative. :] So glad this is working out just how I planned it would~ And now I'm on the member's list here! Mwhahahaha...

I'm very glad you did, you are quite a smart man! I've been angsting for the power to update the members list for ages, but I had no idea how many people had been left behind!

Hiidoran said:
But no, I've never really cross-dressed or even went as far as painting my nails, or anything of the sort.

I'm not sure if this counts as a feminine thing, but you've reminded me that I painted my nails once! It was for a Halloween party in 2009 where I went as a goth!

Spoiler:

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
It's fine to be a little effeminate every now and then, but to a certain extent, I'm gay because I like the male sex aaaaaand the male gender. If the male gender was blurred, Larry wouldn't have as much fun.

Aaaah, that makes me kinda think more about what I posted.. XD; I thought Pachy meant our own gender lines, and not what we're attracted to. Since I can only mentally crush on guys, it doesn't matter to me where they are on the gender spectrum. With girls, I tend to be more into girls who are more tomboyish in looks or personality, rather than girly girls. Not that I can't fall for girly girls, though. =u=

Hahahaha, Raichu, that picture is pretty cool actually. xD

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
I feel I should post here more. ._.

So yeah, I don't tend to do anything that would be considered effeminate. At least, a sfar as other people have told me. XD Not many people know I am gay, but everyone who does was shocked (except that one aunt who can like, read my mind, but she's and exception XD). So none of my interests and activities give off any vibe of me being gay. XD

I'm not sure if this counts as a feminine thing, but you've reminded me that I painted my nails once! It was for a Halloween party in 2009 where I went as a goth!

Spoiler:

Oh I forgot, i did that for Halloween once as well. XD Though, my mom had to force me, so that doesn't really count, does it? XD

Melody

Banned
Years
I'm very glad you did, you are quite a smart man! I've been angsting for the power to update the members list for ages, but I had no idea how many people had been left behind!

Spoiler:

Well, technically Halloween doesn't count. You could dress in full on drag, and/or crossdress just fine and people wouldn't care. ;)

You may want to skip the first 50 seconds...he starts off with something a bit tangental.

Totally worth watching.

Last edited:

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Do you sometimes enjoy doing/wearing things that folks of the opposite gender typically do? By this I don't mean full out cross dressing, I just mean crossing the gender line for things that you like.

Why do you do it? (if applicable and you feel like answering it)

I paint my nails every so often; it was originally for the purpose of reminding myself not to chew my nails, but I grew into enjoying it. I just started to find it fun to do, I still don't get it.
And, along with a few less mentionable things, I have a thing for cross-dressing, though it's mostly just skirts or dresses. I love loose clothing (as can be seen by the majority of my clothing consisting of cargo pants and baggy shirts), and I just really like the design of some women's clothes that you can't find in the mens' section, so an A-line or tiered skirt/dress works well within in my comfort zone.

I really don't mind "gender roles" as some things are definitely better left to a certain sex (such as heavy lifting for the male end of the spectrum since they generally have a stronger-built physique, and mothering for the female end for pretty obvious reasons), though there are definitely many one-sided "roles" that should work unisexually like a love of video games or sports. (My mother and her friends have proven the sports part on multiple occasions, in which they're just as rowdy as men.)

~~~~~

@-ty- Yours is definitely the better picture.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years

Well, technically Halloween doesn't count. You could dress in full on drag, and/or crossdress just fine and people wouldn't care. ;)

You may want to skip the first 50 seconds...he starts off with something a bit tangental.

Totally worth watching.
Lol on the first part. There's actually another animal (some sort of sea-dwelling mollusc) who does the same stabbing thing, only they're hermaphroditic so it's double the fun.

@Ty: I like your picture better. Your picture ftw. xD

Years
Re: gender roles: I'm okay with things (activities, fashions, etc.) being gendered, but, you know, most aspects of gender are artificial (I say most because I can't be certain there aren't some genetic factors) so I'm not okay with the assumption of a person's biological sex determining their gender. I'd love it if people were truly free to be feminine or masculine or both or whatever. Ain't nothin' wrong with having categories and divisions in our interests and behaviors, but pushing them on people makes me very upset like you have no idea.

Ty, I'm glad you've got your priorities straight. Oh I'm so punny. I really really hope you keep your head up and don't fall into the ex-boyfriend spiral. A friend of mine keeps trying to stop falling for his awful, manipulative ex, but has a lot of trouble.

And I loved that picture from the facebook link so much I have to post it here.

IUBxF.jpg

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Ha! I've seen that picture gay marriage all over the place all over the place! Here's another cool image that Christians who bash gays have a tendency to forget:
love_thy_neighbor.jpg

Oh, and here's another Facebook page to report. Don't post in it, though; that supposedly makes it harder to remove. It's the Westboro Baptist Church :\

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Hahahaha.. >__> Love that sign and that billboard.

As for those facebook pages, I get wanting to find them to report 'em, though I wouldn't be someone who would willingly look for them. It would just end up pissing me off.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Thanks everyone, lol. Since everyone has been so supportive, I have decided to work as a webcam model as well; anyone want a private show? ...Btw, I am totally being sarcastic, haha. I would not be able to live with myself!!!

The "love thy neighbor" passage doesn't get through to some Christians because of their parents, family, and church interpreting the bible for them, and ingraining that interpretation into their sense of morality - basically societal brainwashing!

Btw...the WBC seems to only rally LGBT and heterosexual allies, because the other side does not want to be associated with their defamatory remarks about veterans/soldiers. So they are really just helping gay people garner more support and more of a voice. :p
I reported the page ;)

Back