• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

About Me page

bobandbill

one more time
Years
This'll be on an About page on the Wordpress side. Formatting may change, but please give feedback on the information provided!

I'd rather keep it relatively short and sweet like so.

About

What is PokéCommunity Daily?

PokéCommunity Daily is an outlet of The PokéCommunity. Here we'll publish articles about Pokémon, from news items, opinions, guides, creative works and features on cool fan works. All contributions are made by PokéCommunity members on our forums, and we're always open to more contributions as well.

For more information about the content we're sharing, or if you'd like to contribute, check out our opening post!

What is PokéCommunity?

The PokéCommunity is a forum for Pokémon fans. While Pokémon is the common link between our members, our community extends beyond that. We discuss anything under the sun in our forum sections, have a whole section dedicated to various Mafia games, allow you to view and share Let's Plays, and stream various sorts of video games on our other platforms. Our other creative areas such as the Art & Design, Roleplay Theatre and Fan Fiction and Writing sections also extend beyond Pokémon works. Even if you're not into the current Pokémon games, we have a whole community of folks to engage with, and various events to enjoy.

Of course, you can also join in and talk about Pokémon! Here we discuss the games and anime, and you can also trade Pokémon with other users, or battle in our other PokéCommunity outlet, the PokéCommunity Battle Server. Furthermore, there's a ROM Hacking section for members to showcase their ROM hacks in (Pokémon or otherwise), and for members to download and play. There's also our Game Development section where people make games from scratch!

We also have other platforms you can check out for information and content:
Youtube
Twitter
Facebook
Google+
We even do podcasts!

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I think this works well!

Minor nitpick/question though:
Furthermore, there's a Rom Hacking section for members to showcase their Pokemon rom hacks in.
Shouldn't Rom/rom be all caps since it's an acronym?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I think this works well!

Minor nitpick/question though:
Furthermore, there's a Rom Hacking section for members to showcase their Pokemon rom hacks in.
Shouldn't Rom/rom be all caps since it's an acronym?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Bump!

Updated with minor additional edits (mostly typing out PC in full and minor re-wording here and there). Please check!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Can I ask that the Game Development section be mentioned alongside ROM Hacking? Making non-hack Pokémon fangames is more popular than you think.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Maruno said the only issue I had with the article, since mentioning Game Development also ties into the "non-Pokemon" part of our community. Along with how creative we are.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I was also going to mention the reference to people showing off their Pokémon hacks, because I couldn't find anything in ROM Hacking's description/rules which says that it's a Pokémon-only zone. As far as I'm aware, it is just like Game Dev in that any kind of game is welcome there, so long as it's a ROM hack/a non-hack respectively.

I didn't mention it after all, because the wording in the blurb above doesn't imply that the section is exclusively for Pokémon hacks (even though it doesn't suggest the possibility of non-Pokémon hacks). I also didn't mention it because non-Pokémon games are a minority on this forum in those two sections, for obvious reasons, and because accurately and exhaustively explaining what the section(s) are for would lengthen the blurb when it should probably just be kept short and sweet.

However, it's something to bear in mind. While ROM hacking is limited to a single game engine (the ROM being hacked; I think there's only a couple ever that are hacked), making any other kind of game has limitless possibilities, which is why I like to remind people that Game Dev is for any game devving you can think of, not just Pokémon. Indeed we have a few good non-Pokémon games: a Digimon one, some original franchises, a dating sim (with Pokémon characters, but clearly it's its own thing), and even a pen 'n' paper RPG. And while we're on the subject of reminding people that Game Dev isn't Pokémon-exclusive, we can also remember that ROM Hacking isn't either, come to think of it.

If and how you want to incorporate this into the above blurb is up to you. But those are the facts.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I've added in a link to game dev, and reworded slightly to indicate ROM hacks don't just include Pokemon games; the following sentence about Game Dev shouldn't indicate it just does Pokemon or non-Pokemon games imo.

I've also added links to UG, art gallery, roleplay theatre and FF&W.

Back