• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Which legendary is better? Mew edition

Which is better?

• Mew!

Votes: 45 57.0%
  • Mew2!

Votes: 34 43.0%

• Total voters

Sirfetch’d

Mew wins my vote here. Mewtwo is absolutely more powerful, there is no argument there. However, I find mew's elusiveness and ability to learn any TM/HM in the game makes it a better Pokemon overall.

oh and pink little floaty things always win me over <3

The Den

Dark Mystery
Years
  • Age 23
  • US
  • Seen Nov 8, 2016
When it comes to design, I would choose Mew, but Mewtwo takes the cake when it comes to power.

Mardovelin

cute + grumpy
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 19, 2018
mew used to be my favourite legendary pokémon so, mew wins for me.
i was never a fan of mewtwo...

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 6, 2016
Mewtwo with Psychic (with full PP ups), Amnesia, Substitute, and Recover was literally unstoppable. Amnesia was so broken. Substitute protected Mewtwo from status changes and high powered physical attacks. Nothing that did physical attacks could take out 10 subs before being shredded to pieces by a maxed out special backed Psychic.

Make sub. Then amnesia. Replace subs as they break, using recover two turns after making the sub (always get the amnesia in first). When full health and full amnesia, unleash psychic.

For Mew, I always liked something more like Psychic, Ice Beam/Thunderbolt, Sub, Softboiled. Similar idea but can't get anywhere close to as OP as Mewtwo by abusing Amnesia. Good idea to wait until the 2nd sub breaks before using Softboiled due to the fewer PP of that move also. And full PP ups on Mew's psychic too...

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Mew!

Mewtwo is obviously the stronger Pokémon but Mew isn't too bad either, and I always liked its design way more. Mewtwo is still a cool Pokémon.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I've always liked Mewtwo better. I've always loved how it's essentially the ultimate gen I Pokemon. Even when not trained very well, it's fun to crush things with it. And as a first time player, it was neat to have something else to accomplish after beating the Elite Four.

Mew is fun too, and I love how it can learn every move, but I've only really started adding one to my teams on the VC re-releases, so I'm not as attached to it. The only time I tried the Mew glitch on a cartridge, the cartridge essentially bricked the next time I played, and though it probably had nothing to do with the Mew glitch, I was weary of the glitch for quite a while, as it was the last thing I did before the cartridge stopped functioning properly.

Years
I've never really used Mew in a way other than to use Transform! I thought it was so cool that a Pokémon other than Ditto could use the move. Too bad Mewtwo is far superior in everyway. The Only Draw to Mew is that it can learn any TM, but aside from the TMs its move set is pretty sad.

JoyStar

We're all mad here...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 29, 2019
REALLY tough, as both of them are my favorite Pokemon.

I think though I go with Mewtwo though, especially taking the anime into account. His portrayal in the anime cemented him as my favorite. And Battle-wise Mewtwo's a powerhouse, it was fun facing him in Pokemon Stadium. :)

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
Years
There are many people who would vote for Mewtwo. Heck, I'd vote alongside 'em, except, let's consider rarity. That is the only way to truly dictate which Pokemon is better. There may be 1 Mewtwo, but there's no Mews in-game, except the Mew Glitch. If Mewtwo deserves Gold, then Mew deserves Platinum.

Back