• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DARKEST DUNGEON II

NightKrow

staying up all night
Years
The point still stands. Even if someone has 50 HP, chances are we're going to kill them before we have all attacked, and then we kill or mortally wound another player. The value of 50 is still low compared to what all of our attacks are going to do to it, even if it is high compared to a villager's HP.

Years
Both of these plans suck. Is there really nothing we can gleam?

Got too comfortable using up one abstain to learn more, but that's just not an option here.

Years
Both of these plans suck. Is there really nothing we can gleam?

Got too comfortable using up one abstain to learn more, but that's just not an option here.

I think I'm gonna vote Abby or Zehn bc their reasoning was kind of flawed and it kind of seemed like a mafia plan to weaken everyone. Especially since they sent it pretty close to the same time.

[Attack] G-Cis Whatever

Years
You know what role has significantly less health in the game than most anything else? The Sea Maggot. To put it in perspective, the maggot has 5hp, verses the average of about 20ish for the heroes first starting out. The heroes I'd doubt would have "significantly" less than a villager would.

EDIT: just to be clear the hp values are from the actual Darkest Dungeon game

Years
This doesn't explain why were you assuming that "most" people have that HP. If you ask me, sounds like you knew someone's HP besides yours.

@Wiz: Is this Sea Maggot one of the terrors and evils?

PS: How many players are we?

150px-Sea_Maggot.png

Does this look friendly and heroic? ;)

and 30 people I believe

NightKrow

staying up all night
Years
Lol you're completely ignoring the "compared to attack values" part. I'm not assuming everyone has around 18 HP. As I just stated, I'm assuming most of us are in the range of about 10 to 50 HP, rather than having ~100 HP, which would be able to soak up a lot more of our attacks and would make a strategy where we all attack one person at random more viable.

Also, no. I have more than 5 HP, less than 18.

Years
Lol you're completely ignoring the "compared to attack values" part. I'm not assuming everyone has around 18 HP. As I just stated, I'm assuming most of us are in the range of about 10 to 50 HP, rather than having ~100 HP, which would be able to soak up a lot more of our attacks and would make a strategy where we all attack one person at random more viable.

Also, no. I have more than 5 HP, less than 18.

lol I wasn't saying that you have 5 hp, but rather saying that most heroes would most likely not have less hp than a villager, especially not significantly less as you said yours is. That role stuck out as being one with low hp in the games. It's safe to assume that you'd be a better target than a random other person, considering that it rules out a good portion of the heroes.

NightKrow

staying up all night
Years
well I would have been a useful hero too but since it's apparently impossible for heroes to have low HP, I'm obviously scum, especially as I missed the part where there were no villagers. go ahead and kill me then I cba with arguing any more.

I'm going to sleep now bye.

Years
well I would have been a useful hero too but since it's apparently impossible for heroes to have low HP, I'm obviously scum, especially as I missed the part where there were no villagers. go ahead and kill me then I cba with arguing any more.

I'm going to sleep now bye.

It's not impossible, just less likely, which statistically makes you a better target.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I don't recall all of the stats from the first TDD game Klippy made, but in that, the villagers had the same stats (if I recall correctly) and I, the Occultist, one of the more frail Heroes, had 35 HP. Initially I misremembered, thinking I'd had less, but I just checked my old role PM. In game, it's not odd for a low leveled Hero to have less than 18 HP, but here, at least, Klippy seems to have given them higher HP values, due to the nature of the mafia setup.

In that sense, I agree that it would be odd for NightKrow to have less than 18 HP and be a Hero, but not impossible. Regardless, if he's telling the truth, he won't soak up many attacks before people have to choose another target anyways, so we can't rely on him as a damage sponge if people go through with killing him.

For now, I'm off to bed. I'm sure I'll be back before the phase ends, so I'll save my attack for then.

P.S. - @Klippy - you should totally retroactively make one of the Villagers the Musketeer class. I didn't realize it existed until today, thanks to it being a Kickstarter backer reskin for the Arbalest. Do it do it do it.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Okay so I haven't been able to post until now since my bad sleep schedule and I was out this entire evening. Most of my thoughts have already been shared - except I disagree with the assumptions that the Jester did a stress relief on the Jester.

First of all, it was stated in the OP that we start at 0 stress and we go up to 100 before triggering an event then dying. The info panel at the bottom said "+15" not "-15" so I'm inclined to believe that the Grave Robber's stress had gone up. Additionally, the flavour text mentioned that the Jester relieved the Man-at-arms from whatever happened, and not the Grave Robber. Furthermore, going by the Jester's flavour text in that section, it seemed he negated whatever happened - rather than relieving stress specifically?

edit: Since it hasn't been clarified in the OP what any roles do, perchance we should make a public list as we find things out?

For example:
Vvul: Head cultist, recruits peeps

->When I get more time, and the motivation to do so, I can go back to TDD1 and list out what the recurring roles from that game do in this game? Or do we want to leave this info more secret so the different evils/terrors are more in the dark (ha! get it?) as well as potentially spreading misinformation based off what he had previously and throwing other heroes off? :/

Years
Okay so I haven't been able to post until now since my bad sleep schedule and I was out this entire evening. Most of my thoughts have already been shared - except I disagree with the assumptions that the Jester did a stress relief on the Jester.

First of all, it was stated in the OP that we start at 0 stress and we go up to 100 before triggering an event then dying. The info panel at the bottom said "+15" not "-15" so I'm inclined to believe that the Grave Robber's stress had gone up. Additionally, the flavour text mentioned that the Jester relieved the Man-at-arms from whatever happened, and not the Grave Robber. Furthermore, going by the Jester's flavour text in that section, it seemed he negated whatever happened - rather than relieving stress specifically?

edit: Since it hasn't been clarified in the OP what any roles do, perchance we should make a public list as we find things out?

For example:
Vvul: Head cultist, recruits peeps

->When I get more time, and the motivation to do so, I can go back to TDD1 and list out what the recurring roles from that game do in this game? Or do we want to leave this info more secret so the different evils/terrors are more in the dark (ha! get it?) as well as potentially spreading misinformation based off what he had previously and throwing other heroes off? :/

I think we shouldn't go based off of the past game just because they are probably changed. I really would hate to make assumptions which could possibly mess up lots of things. IMO, just wait until they are confirmed :D

Secondly, I think its safe to assume that his stress did in fact go up based off of your ideas. Nice finds!

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
Not sure why you think what I said was scummy considering all I did was point out an idea and why we could or shouldn't use it.

Something interesting I saw on the hero list. The role "Antiquarian" appears to be the role I had from tDD1
Here some evidence
The Antiquarian is good at self-preservation, however.
In tDD1 I was able to heal myself
The Antiquarian is by no means a fighter, possessing with the worst base stats in the game
So before we agreed that lower base stats could be a sign of a mage which appears that the antiquarian will have low base stats to counter the healing ability she brings. This also shows the ability is not an offensive ability
and while Fortifying Vapours is a reliable heal, it heals for very little.
In tDD I had 14hp and my day attack healed for 5 which could be the same as here

Also this could mean she has some sort of stress resistance
Curious Incantation further improves her self-preservation with a huge stress damage reduction.

disclamer this information comes from the wiki and my role from tDD1, the Nurse, it could be completely wrong but I'm inclined to believe it as there must be a healing role and this appears to be the closest thing to it

Last edited:

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
Okay, okay... My logic was flawed, doesn't mean that I'm inherently evil. I just falsely recalled similar events in TDD1

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
[attack] Bardothren

sorry, I've been way too busy with life, trying to keep up.

But yeah, your gut is wrong Bard. Now I have to take more damage than I already have.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
The Giant was a real problem last time, do any tDD buffs notice any other characters that might have crazy high day attacks?

Two people who concern me a bit so far are Abby, NightKrow and Zehn. I don't know if its just me, but Zehn's post above is quite odd. I can't tell if the post is solely about his old role, in which case ??? not really relevant, or if he's trying to imply NightKrow is a healer. So either they're scum allies and Zehn is trying to fix Night's slip up or... Zehn has just put a target on their back :c the evil/terrors will be thankful.

Abby is confused, and Drewbie's vote/read on her has me curious. We know that several characters have met during the night, so I wonder if Drewbie calling scum so quickly is for a good reason.

Back