• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
I have a new question;

Are the Kanto leaders going to look the exact same as in FR (you don't change them) or are they going to resemble the GS Kanto leaders. For example...

FR:
frlgemtr116.png

frlgemtr117.png

Gold:
gsctrainer09.gif

gsctrainer10.gif

It doesn't matter, I'm just wondering...

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2007
pokemon shny gold

I loved the images but not has as to play without having the original rom and, I want to play i need play now.why I love this game.if I was owner of gamefreak I contracted you in the hour.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Since you can't trade are you gonna make it so Scyther (!) evolves into Scizor at a certain level? or like Slowbro>> Slowking?

Umm... actually, you can trade

Tried that, but it didnt work....

Same here.

@Smash & Vulpixpal91: Zel doesn't want a contract--or anything to do--with Nintendo.

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
For trading use vba link or a Flashcart

Well, i used a vbalink with FR, it works perfectly, i never tried it with a flashcard, but it does work with SG to FR. Not too sure about the other games.

Years
Well, i used a vbalink with FR, it works perfectly, i never tried it with a flashcard, but it does work with SG to FR. Not too sure about the other games.

it will also work with LeafGreen and maybe emerald.

Um, Zel, would you add a rare pokemon event like deoxys soon because it sucks having finished the game and then getting a level 30 pokemon...

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Zel aleady posted that he was gonna change how all trade pokemon evo

Yeah, he did. But you can still trade through games. We've tried and it has successfully worked. I think a Charmander successfully made it from FR to SG.

it will also work with LeafGreen and maybe emerald.

Um, Zel, would you add a rare pokemon event like deoxys soon because it sucks having finished the game and then getting a level 30 pokemon...

I'll see if trading works with Emerald! Wait, I don't have any 3rd gen pokes... Oh! I do, actually. But I'll just use that Treecko found at:
Spoiler:

*goes to trade*

EDIT: Well, someone else do it since, as usual, my VBA won't let me trade! If I go to the Union Room it says "You can't trade with that trainer right now." all the time. And then if I go to the Direct Corner, it says "You can't transmit with a trainer that is too far away." VBA is total bullsh*t when it comes to trading, in my experience.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Come on Marz, hurry up!!

Anyways, I love Shiny Gold! Getting ready for Octember...YAY OCTEMBER!! That's when every hack gets released!

Will there be any secret/new towns, or are you keeping this strictly Gold? Just wondering.
WHEN I REFER TO OCTEMBER, IT IS NOT A MAULED SPELLING OF OCTOBER/NOVEMBER. It was a children book that said anything you want, he'll give it to you on the first of Octember. So pretty much, I'm saying it'll get there when it gets there, or something along the lines of that.

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Yeah, he did. But you can still trade through games. We've tried and it has successfully worked. I think a Charmander successfully made it from FR to SG.

I'll see if trading works with Emerald! Wait, I don't have any 3rd gen pokes... Oh! I do, actually. But I'll just use that Treecko found at:
Spoiler:

*goes to trade*

EDIT: Well, someone else do it since, as usual, my VBA won't let me trade! If I go to the Union Room it says "You can't trade with that trainer right now." all the time. And then if I go to the Direct Corner, it says "You can't transmit with a trainer that is too far away." VBA is total bullsh*t when it comes to trading, in my experience.

Actually marz, i did the same thing like 2 weeks ago, and i got the same problem as you buddy, though i wasnt too sure if i need to switches leaders and have the other player in Emerald or SG, join the group, it didnt work either way, i guess you cant trade with emerald in Vbalink. But with FR you could, it worked like a champ.

Plus a side note, vbalink wireless link capability is still buggy, so that might be the reason.

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2014
I have a small question about something in the game. It's not really huge, it's more of a curiousity kind of thing.

Since the game wasn't fully complete, I decided I should just go ahead and put in cheat codes so I could catch a Pichu and Meowth. It worked perfectly fine, no bugs, no problems, nothing at all. Then I went to enter in Cacnea's cheat and I ended up finding a "Wild ??????". The icon was a big question mark with a circle around it.

I thought it was some bug, so I exited, started it up again (With the cheats still entered in the memory list) and tried once again to catch a Cacnea, it happened once more. I then got rid of the cheats, restarted, and this time, entered in Bulbasaur's cheat, and it worked fine, just like Pichu and Meowth. So I tried, yet again, for Cacnea, and kept getting the same "Wild ?????". I tried catching it to see if anything would happen and it was still "?????".

http :// img259. imageshack.us /img259/2124/screwy2qj. png [Get rid of spaces].

It's not a huge problem, I just really wanna know why that's happening. Any ideas?

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
I have a small question about something in the game. It's not really huge, it's more of a curiousity kind of thing.

Since the game wasn't fully complete, I decided I should just go ahead and put in cheat codes so I could catch a Pichu and Meowth. It worked perfectly fine, no bugs, no problems, nothing at all. Then I went to enter in Cacnea's cheat and I ended up finding a "Wild ??????". The icon was a big question mark with a circle around it.

I thought it was some bug, so I exited, started it up again (With the cheats still entered in the memory list) and tried once again to catch a Cacnea, it happened once more. I then got rid of the cheats, restarted, and this time, entered in Bulbasaur's cheat, and it worked fine, just like Pichu and Meowth. So I tried, yet again, for Cacnea, and kept getting the same "Wild ?????". I tried catching it to see if anything would happen and it was still "?????".

http :// img259. imageshack.us /img259/2124/screwy2qj. png [Get rid of spaces].

It's not a huge problem, I just really wanna know why that's happening. Any ideas?

Though zel doesnt approve of anyone of cheating, i dont think it has to do with any bugs or glitches, but rather the way the game is scripted differently, or could be the code you entered in for Hoenn pokemon in FR doesnt work the way should and thats why you get the "Missingnos", you would have the read specifically on what to do for those cheats. Though its not wise to cheat at all, unless you it for a different matter, like using the shiny cheat for the gyarados, since zel hasnt got a clue to know how to script it to be shiny and doesn't mind for that use of cheating.:D

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Well, I'm too lazy to go through the thread, and of this glitch has been posted (especially in first post), I'm sorry. :nervous:

Well, 1) Does a tree always appear here, and when you cut it it's still there. Once you go somewhere and come back, it's gone. 2) Also, is the next picture a glitch too? 3)Lastly , the third picture just shows a minor type error. Here they are:

t9.jpg
tt.jpg
gs.jpg

Well, that's it... :\

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Check the glitch list...He keeps it updated.

As you said, it is in the first page, the uncuttable tree, and the fact that your sprite is the gyrados. For the gyrados, I think he's waiting till the end to sprite it. I don't think the forum has seen that text mess up.

Infusions, this has different scripting in some areas, so cheating won't always work. If you have a Ruby and complete Fire Red ROM, You could trade the cacnea to fire red, and FR to SG. (Cacnea's moveset isn't that great anyways :P) So pretty much, Shuriken's right. Why I devoted a part of my post to this? I have no idea. *Takes another bite out of computer*...mmm...crunchy.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
EDIT: Zel, I've got a question. You know in the original GSC versions, when you get to Kanto it's a whole new set of different looking tiles then the ones in Johto. Will you change up the tile looks in Kanto in SG/SGX, too? That would be pretty cool, in my opinion. I always like to see the talent of tile editors. I hope you do it!

I think you are a bit wrong marz, when you went to Kanto there are not as many tile changes as you think (in fact, I don't think there are tile changes at all, since I'm comparing the town maps in Johto and Kanto in my Gold Map), but as a way to improve SG, maybe... and I repeat, maybe there could be some. You know I don't like tile changing, because it takes as much time as scripting, but it's just to make it look prettier, but I prefer making the game longer... (The eternal discussion... :P)

I have a new question;

Are the Kanto leaders going to look the exact same as in FR (you don't change them) or are they going to resemble the GS Kanto leaders. For example...

FR:
frlgemtr116.png

frlgemtr117.png

Gold:
gsctrainer09.gif

gsctrainer10.gif

It doesn't matter, I'm just wondering...

Yes, don't worry, Enrico Marini already did the Kanto Leaders sprites resemble how they looked in the original Gold (at least their poses for all of them)

Most likely, there are gonna be sidequests mid-game, very well hidden to try to not divert the fact that this a Remake of Gold. But, it won't be done pretty soon. I need ideas...

Will there be any secret/new towns, or are you keeping this strictly Gold? Just wondering.

The previous answer also works for this question, I think.

Judging what you are saying, there's obviously a problem with Cacnea's code. But, think about it... How many pokemon exist? How many codes would you need? It's most likely that some pokemon codes could be wrong and end up doing weird stuff.
Besides, I don't care about cheating at all, as it was said...
(Pichu could be gotten normally by breeding the Pikachu you could find somewhere in the B3, and a Ditto from Route 34)

Well, I also fixed the repeating events problem that was happenning... Evil Kurt's pokeball making script... >:o
Well... a fixed Beta will be coming, hopefully this weekend. (But, it doesn't have any kind of extras, so I guess it won't be much important... Oh, well...)

Goldenhammerhead

Super Smash Bros Brawl FTW!
Years
i know y u guys cant trade to ruby sapphire and emerald
it is simple
if you played firered you will know you cant travel to those games untill you get the ruby sapphire and emerald on the islands if you want them i suugest using the kanto glich and getting them after u use the ss anne the rainbow wing acts as the rainbow pass

EDIT oh no zel destroyed the islands we cant get the rocks!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back