• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2014
someone help me? i was at lauren with about 4 badges and quite far into the game and then one day my rom mysteriously disappeared, but the .sav file is still there. i downloaded the rom again but now there is only "new game" as an option. please help! D:

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I've actually seen the map data in AdvanceMap; there seems to be an area to the north of the main Imitari Islands. Is this where the Red Gyarados appeared in the Portugese version, and the warp to it is removed? The map is still connected as a separate area to explore with the same name by a row of four rocks at the top.

Maybe I can mock up the map together with the main islands once I check out the northern part of that lower (available) map.

Cyclone

As far as I know, there is no Lake Myung. I didn't translate it. I didn't know there was no Lake Myung when I translated the dialog about it, so I didn't know to remove it at the time. If you guys can point out the people who talk about it, I'll change their dialog.

And another thing, Shouldn't all fire pokemon need the abillity to learn Lava surf? Arcanine can't..
Kinda weird cuz Hydreigon can do it so why can't Arcanine...
Growlithe can, though. If I didn't make it so that Arcanine can as well, my bad. You sure you have the most updated version?

Ash493 said:
alienhunterx said:
I don't think there will be an absolute final version sooner or later from SnakeByte
Yeah, because it will be from me. =)

Yes there will, and no it won't. o_o

If you have updates you want to include, talk to me about it, like other people have.

And yes, I fixed the wild encounters in Mt. Draken. There is a reason I post update logs. If you want to know whether something is or isn't changed, read them.

There were quite a few pages since I last checked this thread so poke me if I overlooked anything that needed addressing.

Last edited:
Years
Yes there will, and no it won't. o_o
I thought you said only Ash will change something.

someone help me? i was at lauren with about 4 badges and quite far into the game and then one day my rom mysteriously disappeared, but the .sav file is still there. i downloaded the rom again but now there is only "new game" as an option. please help! D:
You are lucky its still there. You have to rename your new ROM as same as that on the old save file or else you cannot play with it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2016
I am playing this game on my soft-modded wii, using the VBAgx i installed via the .WAD file i downloaded. i also have the SNES emulator on my wii as well. it plays fine as have all the other 20+ games ive played on it. I prefer this method due to being able to run the game on my big screen. my main question is this, if im running the game on my wii then how can i use cheats if i wanted to? i am not interested in running cheats but my nephew wants the masterball cheat on his save file. So how would i go about doing that?

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
They're in the general vicinity of Seanport, maybe the route immediately before, but I don't know any more specific than that.

And yes, people came to me with fixes of their own, and I have one more thing I can do myself, so there'll be one more update whenever they're done doing what they're doing.

Ash can do whatever he likes, I just want to incorporate whatever he does with what I want to do, whatever Cyclone does, etc. No need for multiple versions, not after all the shenanigans. I can't imagine why that'd be an issue.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
They're in the general vicinity of Seanport, maybe the route immediately before, but I don't know any more specific than that.
This actually makes perfect sense. Perfect sense. Once I can Dive, I'll have to Fly back there and hack my way through a rock or two to the underwater Dive patches outside of Route 408's boundaries, and also the ones outside Seanport City's boundaries. I have a feeling these are connected to Lake Myang. It's possible these are only decoration (in 408 at least, but maybe not in Seanport), but it would be interesting to find out for sure if they go anywhere or not.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2014
You are lucky its still there. You have to rename your new ROM as same as that on the old save file or else you cannot play with it.

what do you mean, like naming my .gba file the same as the .sav, but then the rom would be unplayable

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2012
I'm stuck underwater in the zerey region …..
I can't find the place where I can come up
If anyone knows the place or how to reach it pl tell me….

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
This might help:

vrunderwater.png

See the three rectangular areas? Look at the area above water (not a finalized map yet, just for explanation here):

vrsurface.png

Notice the three Dive patches. See what I'm getting at here? :)

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2016
here are the pics i just took of Seanport City, the man at the entrance to town is the first of 2 people to mention this Red Gyarados......... taken on my TV, i play on my soft modded Wii. The other person is at the top left side of the City, this one being at the bottom left........ so in my understanding, if there was once a Red Gyarados in the game, then there must still be one, maybe with the visual and the trigger removed

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2012
This might help:

*pic*

See the three rectangular areas? Look at the area above water (not a finalized map yet, just for explanation here):

*pic*

Notice the three Dive patches. See what I'm getting at here? :)

Cyclone

dude ur awesome!!!!!!
got done in the first try!!!!!!!
i was stuck from the past two days.........

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
here are the pics i just took of Seanport City, the man at the entrance to town is the first of 2 people to mention this Red Gyarados......... taken on my TV, i play on my soft modded Wii. The other person is at the top left side of the City, this one being at the bottom left........ so in my understanding, if there was once a Red Gyarados in the game, then there must still be one, maybe with the visual and the trigger removed
My save state in slot 5 was standing in front of Lucas in the Gym before battle, so I went back to that (and some of you say no to save states...) and can now confirm the script shown in these pictures matches what is in my version. As for the other, I didn't find it in the top-left:

redgyarados02.png

Naturally, being a sailor, he's in the shipyard.

Cyclone

Back