• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Return To Pokemon-19 years later

DarkPokeball1985

When The Moon Eclipse The Sun
Years
Hi everyone. I'm a new Pokemon trainer found the forums a while ago but decided to join today in hopes of meeting other wonderful Pokemon trainers! I'm happy to have found this site and look forward to what the Pokefuture will bring. After a nineteen year long absence I returned to the Pokemon franchise on August 12th with Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon along with wanting to catch up on the show starting with the Indigo League and currently now watching "Adventures of the Orange Islands". My starter Pokemon was Litten who has since now fully evolved into "incineroar" and as of last night caught my very first legendary Pokemon named Lunala from Pokemon Moon! I hope a shy guy such as myself can meet new trainers here.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Hello, and welcome to the PokéCommunity! Wow, you've been away from the franchise for a very long time! What was it that pulled you back in, if you don't mind me asking?

And no worries about being shy. I'm shy myself, but the people here are so friendly that it's hard not to add to the conversation. ^_^

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
That is a respectable amount of time, my friend. 19 years seems like a lifetime of events, doesn't it?

I'm curious, what specifically about Sun/Moon got you back into Pokemon? Was it nostalgia? Just a desire to go back to it? Or did something catch your eye and reignite interest?

Congrats on the Lunala catch! You can share more about your adventure in the Sun & Moon Section if you like! I am certain you will find many trainers here who share your enthusiasm. There's a lot of adventure left for you yet. :)

Happy posting!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Hello and like you I was big into the franchise when it first started and stayed with it for about 5 years(roughly about the time Johto ended and Hoenn started). Then I lost interest and spent a lot of time away from the franchise(granted I kept tabs on it from time to time) before getting back into it about 8 months ago when there was tremendous buzz over XY/XYZ ending with regards to the English Dub. Out of curiosity, I went and watched the 140 Episodes of the Kalos region and I can see why there was so much hype. I didn't make my way here until I got ahold of my old Pokemon Yellow(that still works) and started rewatching the Anime from start to finish(over 900 Episodes... and it can be done!!!).

I've been debating whether or not to venture forth into Generation 7(as I never got Generation 2 through 6 with regards to the games, hence a steep learning curve I would bet) but in terms of a friendly and helpful community on all things Pokemon, there is none better than this one. Feel free to check out the Pokemon Anime board for discussion and debates about all things regarding the Pokemon Anime.

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

DarkPokeball1985

When The Moon Eclipse The Sun
Years
Hello, and welcome to the Pok?Community! Wow, you've been away from the franchise for a very long time! What was it that pulled you back in, if you don't mind me asking?

And no worries about being shy. I'm shy myself, but the people here are so friendly that it's hard not to add to the conversation. ^_^

Actually. I've been wanting to return to the franchise since the release of Pokemon Go as the franchise became a forgotten memory but the hype of that release helped me remember how much fun I had with the games but because I don't work due to suffering depression and social anxiety (working progress as of today) I couldn't afford to buy a brand new phone solely to play Pokemon so I eventually looked into Pokemon again months later after I could afford a game or two and found Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon via wikipedia researching on what was the latest craze as I'm a person who prefers to stick to modern times although I still appreciate the classics of the past. What partially drew me into Sun and Moon besides the fact it's the most modern and latest release before the next release of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is the time mechanism. I love how Moon is twelve hours later and Sun is the current Nintendo 3DSXL time. And I wondered how this would affect gameplay which turns out that certain Pokemon can only be found at night or day depending on which you play! The last time I played we had "Gyms" but that was removed for "trails" and this intrigued me even more as how does a franchise continue when you shake up past gameplay mechanics. Naturally I did get both because I gotta #CatchEmAll and a combination of the fact that I don't have friends so trading wouldn't be possible meant that I couldn't really use that system so at least by buying both I can still discover and raise brand new pokemon that came with it without worrying about missing out if I only had one.

Back