• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

XSE Scripting Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2012
I did exactly what the tutoriaal said for a basic talking script and when i talk to the guy it makes VBA turn to a red screen heres the script

Code:
#Dynamic 0x34EB8C

#ORG @Main
Lock
FacePlayer
Message @Speak
BoxSet 0x6
Release
End

#ORG @Speak
= Lets GO! /nHaha your slow.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
I did exactly what the tutoriaal said for a basic talking script and when i talk to the guy it makes VBA turn to a red screen heres the script

Code:
#Dynamic 0x34EB8C

#ORG @Main
Lock
FacePlayer
Message @Speak
BoxSet 0x6
Release
End

#ORG @Speak

It would seem your ROM is corrupt. Try putting the script into a new offset, and if it still happens, then you'll need to start again (unless you have back ups).

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Yes, I do. The guide is going on pretty good.
Since the guide is strictly connected to XSE, I'm not able to give you any possible release date so far.

Talking about registernav, there's no reason why the different trainer numbers should be different from the ones used by trainerbattle, for example.
Oh... thanks Hackmew for the information... I dont know why I never though of that... heh, and I am glad to hear that the guide is going well! I cant wait to read it! ^_^

Years

Code:
#Dynamic 0x34EB8C

#ORG @Main
Lock
FacePlayer
Message @Speak
BoxSet 0x6
Release
End

#ORG @Speak

Wouldn't this work:

Spoiler:

Just copy and paste that and try it out!
Edits in bold (not the decapitalization). Also, no need to do:
BoxSet 0x6
Just do:
boxset 0x6
Or even go Dec:
boxset 6

And the such - basically, no need for caps unless it's LASTRESULT and a couple of other comnands.

Hope I helped.

Also, thanks Dartharon! Your (and I'm speaking quite late, now, but) tutorial was the first one clear enough for me to understand the compilation system on XSE and also how a message box works. Now I rely on my notepad infront of me! Thanks! (But, I have to admit, it's kinda short...)

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2008
Try this:
Spoiler:

or

Spoiler:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011

Code:
#Dynamic 0x34EB8C

#ORG @Main
Lock
FacePlayer
Message @Speak
BoxSet 0x6
Release
End

#ORG @Speak

It's not "/n" but "\n".
Before trying anything else, try compiling this to a clean ROM:

Spoiler:

If everything's working fine, try doing the same on your ROM.
If it worked on the clean ROM, it has to work on your ROM as well.
If it didn't, then it's mostly likely your ROM got corrupted or something.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2010
Umm this is a great tool. The Scripts compile perfectly when I edit them through advancemap. However when I go to a person that has the edited script, he says the same unedited script as before. how do I change this?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Question... About the Multichoice command,

multichoice 0xL 0xT 0xID 0xB

L = left coordinate
T = Top Coordinate
ID = Choice List ID
B = B can exit or not

What would I use to fill these variables?
for instance, if I were to say, use 0x5 as my "Left Coordinate" and 0x5 as my "Top Coordinate"
Will my multichoice box show up on 0x5, 0x5 on my map, or will it be 5 spaces tall, and 5 spaces wide? Or what does they mean?
and also, does anyone have a list of what each of the variables for "Choice List ID" would equal?
and lastly, if I set my last parameter to 0x1, will that make it so B can not be used? or is it 0x0, and if I do use the B button to cancel, does it continue the script, or do I need to set a special pointer?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Umm this is a great tool. The Scripts compile perfectly when I edit them through advancemap. However when I go to a person that has the edited script, he says the same unedited script as before. how do I change this?
Read back a few posts, or pages... I've forgotten... But I posted before. :)
Question... About the Multichoice command,

multichoice 0xL 0xT 0xID 0xB

L = left coordinate
T = Top Coordinate
ID = Choice List ID
B = B can exit or not

What would I use to fill these variables?
for instance, if I were to say, use 0x5 as my "Left Coordinate" and 0x5 as my "Top Coordinate"
Will my multichoice box show up on 0x5, 0x5 on my map, or will it be 5 spaces tall, and 5 spaces wide? Or what does they mean?
and also, does anyone have a list of what each of the variables for "Choice List ID" would equal?
and lastly, if I set my last parameter to 0x1, will that make it so B can not be used? or is it 0x0, and if I do use the B button to cancel, does it continue the script, or do I need to set a special pointer?
Top/left are how many blocks they are from the top left corner. Just test until you get a good position, or use 0x0 for both.
I don't have a list.
0x1 = B can be pressed.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Darthatron said:
Top/left are how many blocks they are from the top left corner. Just test until you get a good position, or use 0x0 for both.
I don't have a list.
0x1 = B can be pressed.
Thankies Darth! ^_^ I needed this!

HackMew said:
Yes, I do. I've already put the lists in the coming guide.
:shocked: You just made me want the guide even more darn you! I need a huge compilation of the lists in the games, so far I have been making them myself by experimenting with variables, but... wow, I cant wait! :t201-w::t201-o::t201-o::t201-t:

:t201-h::t201-a::t201-c::t201-k::t201-m::t201-e::t201-w:
:t201-r::t201-u::t201-z::t201-l::t201-s::t201-!:
I know, the writing in Unknown is a bit much.. but you rule so much! Your work, your attitude, everything!...

Sorry, I'm a bit too much of a crazed fan eh?

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2009
erm...when i click on the Scripts compile button,it gives me some dynamic offset like @main. do i need to replace it with the @main or just close it?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
erm...when i click on the Scripts compile button,it gives me some dynamic offset like @main. do i need to replace it with the @main or just close it?

The number next to @main is the offset you need to run the script. So put that number in the "Script" section in A-Map.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2010
My XSE gives an error on these words:
- Lock
- FacePlayer
- Release
- End

I don't get it. Can someone help? Please??

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2010
Try making it all lowercase, it should work.

Thanks, it works. Now i can finally make my own game xD

i have a another question. How can you make a trainer? I know how i put one in, but how can i set his pokemon?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back