• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
Here is my simple, yet perplexing question.

I editted a map. The map consisted of "Darkness" which can only be seen through with Flash.
How do I get rid of, said "Darkness".

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
Whats the palette offset for FireRed palette 0. (Greenery)
And when I change the palette, do I have to change the complete tileset to the colours or does it do that by itself.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
Can anyone help: Pokewitch's Pokescript broke when I tried to load the command database for pokemon advance.
It said that it had a runtime error (overflow).
I would post the contents of the log window, but I need 15 posts to do that D:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
when i edit the intro text before oak it only says the first 2 lines. can anyone help me? asap please.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Question time.

1) I can't seem to find the sprites for the footprints in unLZ. Maybe they're in 256 colors or Tile Molester or something, but I've had no luck. Any help?

2) Is there any way to edit the Height and Weight of a Pokemon in their dex entry? I can't find anything in AdvanceText.

3) I'm having trouble with a sprite. Now, it's very easy to insert sprites, but occasionally I'll run into the same problem.

First off, I'm replacing a Weedle with one of my mixes, Chimdle. [Chimchar/Weedle, duh]

unlzdleyw5.png

He fits perfectly inside of Weedle's perimeter.

The problem is that it says it's too big and creates a glitchy block in the bottom right corner.

So I made it smaller. It doesn't even reach the perimeters of Weedle, right?

smallestillgosp5.png

Nope. It still glitches up.

31800131tq5.png

92527998xr3.png

Does this mean I have to shrink it even more?

Thanks a lot,
~Diggeh

P.S. This is in Fire Red, by the way.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2009
im having trouble adding sprites i got from the internet

what happens is it changes the colors when i put them into my hack using pokepic

for example this riolu sprite i found:

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
I;ve started my new hack and, to my annoyance whenever you play and walk on certain spots on the map the game resets. There are no scripts/signs/anything set on the spots so what is happening!?

lookoutapiano

Banned
Years
@ Diggeh
I've had this problem before.
You're right it does seem like it should be small enough. I think it has to have the same amount or less of pixels as well as fitting in weedle's perimeter. So it might be a few pixels bigger than the original weedle. Try gradually adjusting the whole image by removing a few pixels, such as making the flame on it's tail a bit smaller, and keep importing them until there is no glitchy box.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2009
i changed the stats of pokemon: 252 and its pic and when i load the rom it goes to a white screen so i loaded a save but if i enter a room it will have a black screen and stuff
and also if i open it up in pokepic it says it cant load it
im hacking ruby btw

i changed the stats of pokemon: 252 and its pic and when i load the rom it goes to a white screen so i loaded a save but if i enter a room it will have a black screen and stuff

nvm im gonna start from scratch

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
Can someone PLEASE help me
does anyone know how to add the table file to the rom in a hx editor.
Does anyone know how to use pokecry
How do you change the positions on places you can fly to?
And can someone give me ANY G/S/C hacking tools besides Goldmap/poketext/starter pokemon editor/sprite editor

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Mr Slayer said:
im having trouble adding sprites i got from the internet

what happens is it changes the colors when i put them into my hack using pokepic

for example this riolu sprite i found:

First off you need to index that sprite by pasting over another sprite from Unlz.gba or Pokepic, then you insert the sprite. If the colour does not suit your liking then just change the palletes using APE or Hex.

ChiefsFan said:
I;ve started my new hack and, to my annoyance whenever you play and walk on certain spots on the map the game resets. There are no scripts/signs/anything set on the spots so what is happening!?

This has been mentioned before, I think it has to do something with the cut trees, you might need to remove or repoint the script using hex.

ratchet5 said:
Can someone PLEASE help me
does anyone know how to add the table file to the rom in a hx editor.
Does anyone know how to use pokecry
How do you change the positions on places you can fly to?
And can someone give me ANY G/S/C hacking tools besides Goldmap/poketext/starter pokemon editor/sprite editor

1. Well I use TranslHextion but I go Script > Open Thingy Table...
2. You might need a cry that has the same sort of bits as the one you replace so it can be difficult using that tool
3. I assume this is for gold/silver, in hex go to the offset: 0x92388 and the the structure is [Name Pointer][X Pointer][Y Pointer]
4. There is HFD, Tile Layer Pro and Agixp which can be useful sometimes. xD

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
BlueSonic said:
Yeah, so how do I make Pokemon Red maps bigger!?

In Hex search for the Width and the Length of the map you want to edit, when you have found that just edit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back