• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many pokemons you use in party

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
D: In every game I try to have 6 Pokemon in my party, but when I beat the game, there are only 3 Pokemon in my party! 6 Pokemon is a lot more to train than 3, and I don't want to do that.
i actually do that in the postgame as well sometimes ahah

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
i actually do that in the postgame as well sometimes ahah

Yeah I usually go down to 3 for Battle Frontier in Emerald / Platinum / HgSs - mostly because I find EV training is necessary and tend to add a (pseudo-)legendary in place of an earlier capture.

Often end up with only 4 or 5 in other post-games as I like to get rid of my HM moves to fight the pokémon league, then end up needing them again afterwards (Gen IV with Rock Climb is particularly frustrating as there are so many other Normal-type moves of similar power that are better i.e. Return, Facade, Double-Edge).

Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
Years
Always six.

Sometimes, having an extra Pokémon, strong or not, can be the difference between winning and losing.

Back