• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I've always wanted to own a Komodo Dragon.But it would probably eat me the first chance it gets.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Yeah I dont think Id get a Komodo Dragon,considering it would probably eat all my other pets and possibly me.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
If you reared a Komodo Dragon, chances are it would never try to eat you and you'd be able to form a bond/friendship with it. There's a couple in Africa that did this with a sick Hippo calf, and since then it still practically lives with them and has never lashed out at them despite being a fully grown adult (hippos are the world's most aggressive animal btw).

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Maybe in that case a Komodo Dragon might not be aggressive around humans but other animals it may be a different story, I mean Im not keeping that kind of thing in the house with a small cat, I prefer a more conventional pet ^^; The most exotic animal Ive kept is a parakeet.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Pretty much any pet would have to be away from your cat, though? Unless it's a dog or another cat. Snakes really do make good pets, though. Unless you're squeamish around (potentially dead) rodents. I've grown used to having to handle dead newborn mice and it doesn't even bother me anymore.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
The problem I have with having a pet snake is feeding it live food( or dead rodents) because I hate seeing dead animals. Im not squeamish,just disturbed to see it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I dissected a cat once, does that count?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
The problem I have with having a pet snake is feeding it live food( or dead rodents) because I hate seeing dead animals. Im not squeamish,just disturbed to see it.
Get a constrictor, then. The method of feeding a mouse to a small constrictor (larger ones eat (a) rat(s)) is pretty simply and you never need to see it, dead or alive. Even if it's live, the people at the pet store may kill it for you (the ones at mine will) upon your request. Then you just put the snake in the paper bag with the mouse and set it in the tank. The only times you would need to see the mice would be when they're alive (and only when the pet store staff is showing you to find out how big of a mouse you need).

I don't mean to push it on you, by any means. You seem interested, though, so I'm just (attempting) to help out. (:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
I've worked with hundreds of snakes, ranging from corns to retics to even green anacondas. Never get tired of them. Even went to the NARBC show this year and boy was it a blast! Wasn't able to buy one tho. I'd suggest a Ball Python if anyone is looking to get one, and they come in a wide variety of paint jobs. But their price can range from $25 to $45,000. VM me if you want more info! I can go on forever with reptiles ranging from monitors to snakes to geckos.
http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/

Last edited by a moderator:

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
If that were the case, it'd be kinda cool to have one. Chances are they're illegal exotic pets in like a lot of the world.
Well really they belong in the wild, so it's not that surprising that they're illegal to own, and I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone go out and illegally buy one.

Then again, if the animal is genuinely happy to live with you as a pet I can't really see anything morally wrong with owning one (although owning something like a Komodo Dragon is completely impractical).

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Get a constrictor, then. The method of feeding a mouse to a small constrictor (larger ones eat (a) rat(s)) is pretty simply and you never need to see it, dead or alive. Even if it's live, the people at the pet store may kill it for you (the ones at mine will) upon your request. Then you just put the snake in the paper bag with the mouse and set it in the tank. The only times you would need to see the mice would be when they're alive (and only when the pet store staff is showing you to find out how big of a mouse you need).

I don't mean to push it on you, by any means. You seem interested, though, so I'm just (attempting) to help out. (:

Naw, I probably wont ever get a snake lol. I thik they're kinda cool though. If I ever want a reptile Id probably get a lizard or turtle.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
There's a couple in Africa that did this with a sick Hippo calf, and since then it still practically lives with them and has never lashed out at them despite being a fully grown adult (hippos are the world's most aggressive animal btw).

The funny thing is that the hippopotamus is a vegetarian. XD

My aunt had this lizard named Rico Suavé, and a few years later got a cat named Fluffy who proceeded to hunt it. Funny we were just talking about cats lol

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Lizards and turtles are cute, too. (:
Though I've never had a turtle (mainly because of their lifespan and size).

So I'm looking up money from other countries that I was given for Christmas as an early gift. I've searched for 1,125 of various currencies (1,000 Dong, 100 Kwacha, and 25 Piastres)...so far the value in USD is $0.13. It's still cool to own them, though.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
If you reared a Komodo Dragon, chances are it would never try to eat you and you'd be able to form a bond/friendship with it. There's a couple in Africa that did this with a sick Hippo calf, and since then it still practically lives with them and has never lashed out at them despite being a fully grown adult (hippos are the world's most aggressive animal btw).
Hippos aren't the world's most aggressive animal.
Also, just because one person was able to do that, it doesn't mean another will. There's still a high chance that the animal could attack. It's happened hundreds of time before. It's more like animals are tolerating your presence, not really a 'bond' in most cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back