• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

who wishes pokemon amie, refresh were in the early games?

Years
as title says,

who wishes something like pokemon amie, refresh were in the early games? like, gen 1, gen 2, johto (even though we have the pokemon walking with you in johto heartgold/soulsilver)

i kinda do :) that would've been nice
but it's still great that we have them in the now games (sun/moon) & the previous ORAS/x/y games

it's just something i was thinking about :)

edit: i forgot to mention sinnoh & unova gen games after johto at the top

Last edited:
Years
It would have been neat, but like Gn said it would have been difficult without the 3D models so I think it would have had to be adapted somewhat to fit with the 2D sprites.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I still prefer the 2D sprites to 3D models so I think this would be pretty cute! Doubt we'll ever see Amie & Refresh with sprites unless Game Freak goes retro for some reason (pls), but that's something I'd definitely be excited to see at some point.

Years
Like Gn said, I don't think it would have worked in pre-3DS era games since the pixelly sprites would be hard to create all those emotions and actions onto.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Yeah, I'm with everyone else and while it might have been interesting, it would not be possible to put it in because not enough technology. And of course, every generation has their own unique thing.

smocks

fiat lux
Years
The only regions/generations I could see Refresh & Amie fitting in slightly well would be HGSS & DPPT.

HGSS includes the Pokéathlon which could've of tied in Refresh & Amie pretty well, even with Super Training and DPPT had the Pokétch which players could do the Refresh & Amie feature there. Bu tI have to agree that these features are better left in the newer generations because it would've of kinda feel out of place in the earlier, more low tech generations.

Back