• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] (Gen 6 and 7) Adding forms/ megas to pokemon

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen May 1, 2020
Hi, I want to add a new form to a pokemon in gen 6 or gen 7. Whether I will use this as a regional variant type thing, a mega, or just a different form I do not know yet; as I can decide all of that later. I would like to know how one would go about creating a second form for a pokemon and setting it up so it can be mega evolved or just used as a secondary form. I use pk3ds and I guess I have mediocre knowledge on how to use it. I see in the personal stats tab that you can see each form, and that there is a window/ box on the bottom of the screen for each pokemon that shows its form number. How would I get the game to know that this pokemon isn't something completely new, but rather a secondary form? I have seen people add custom megas to the 3ds games before and can't find any information on it anywhere (and I know it's possible in previous gens.) Let me know if you guys find anything/ know anything on this, because I think it could be fun to play around with.

Thanks!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hi, I want to add a new form to a pokemon in gen 6 or gen 7. Whether I will use this as a regional variant type thing, a mega, or just a different form I do not know yet; as I can decide all of that later. I would like to know how one would go about creating a second form for a pokemon and setting it up so it can be mega evolved or just used as a secondary form. I use pk3ds and I guess I have mediocre knowledge on how to use it. I see in the personal stats tab that you can see each form, and that there is a window/ box on the bottom of the screen for each pokemon that shows its form number. How would I get the game to know that this pokemon isn't something completely new, but rather a secondary form? I have seen people add custom megas to the 3ds games before and can't find any information on it anywhere (and I know it's possible in previous gens.) Let me know if you guys find anything/ know anything on this, because I think it could be fun to play around with.

Thanks!

I don't know anything about hacking Gen 6 or 7 personally and don't know anyone I could point you in the right direction to who does I'm afraid =( did a bit of digging and found this post about XY hacking, not sure if it will be of any use? There's also this post which contains links to some NDS/3DS tools, although again not sure if it'll be any use to you since I don't know too much about it. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

Back