• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Make your own pokemon!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Alright people! Get those gears turning and describe some new pokemon you think would make a good addition to the franchise. Don't be mean. If you don't like it, don't reply to it. If I were to make one it would probably be:

Name: Squivolt
Type: Electric/Water
Ability: Static/Swift Swim
Description: A large squid with a large, noticable lighting bolt like scar running down it's face and several glowing, blue lines running down each of it's tentacles.

Add as much information as you want and add content to other's. Pictures would be awesome!

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2014
my pokemon is an evolution of sawk and throh. what happens is when sawk and throh hit each other in the heart at the exact same time it creates sohthrawk. sohthrawk looks like a sawk or throh except its body is purple and it is thrice as big. it has 4 arms and the same black belt/karate suit. in the tcg it is kind of like a fusion monster in yugioh but the energy attached to sawk and throh is combined and 1 sawk goes on top of 1 throh, almost as if throh evolved into throh, which evolved into sohthrawk.

Marlo

Missing Person
Years
A baby version of Smeargle named Screable.

It would be resemblant of Smeargle, obviously, but a bit more puppy-like.

I'm really not the most innovative designer, but...
Y4N0M.gif

Last edited:

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
I haven't come up with an actual Pokemon right now, but I wouldn't mind a fire-cat starter, a water dragon starter, and a jumping spider starter.

Hmm..actually, I'll post some pictures in a while.

Edit:

jumpleaf.png

Grass Jumping Spider starter

Haven't thought of a name yet, but it'd definitely be Grass/Bug type.
Yeah yeah, I know it's awful, but in my defense I'm using a laptop and I'm not a spriter.

Edit again:
Bah, the other starters that I want would look too generic. So I'll just make it a standalone, possibly with an evolution or two.
Name: Venachnid
Type: Grass/Bug (I can see it going quickly to the NU tier...)
Height: 2'3
Length: 2'1
Pokedex entry: Venachnid prefer to live solitary lives, simply going about hunting prey. They can jump extremely long distances. They use this ability to jump very far to suddenly ambush prey; overpowering them with their jaws and claws.

Last edited:

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
Aaaw what, you don't think spiders are cute? They're adorable <3

Hmm... now that I think about it, Venachnid is too cute. I should make it look more like this:

jumpingspider.jpg

Maybe I should save that for its final evolution...

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
i made a grass starter that his name is leavsid and hes pretty much a grass puppy but like has the leaf like chikorita except way smaller and he has a leaf for a tail and a leaf cape i wish i could show a picture but i cant figure out how

F1refly

Stuff and things
Years
Pokemon Name: Tankor
Type: Steel

Description:
Tankor should resemble a Reptile, standing on four legs, covered in Steel Armour Plates, with a huge cannon strapped onto it's back. It's signature move would be called "Cataclysmic Volley".

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
this is leavsid hes using bullet seed and solarbeam

Tget8.png

hope you guys like it

well in another pic hes using bullet seed in this one hes using solarbeam

my pixelating isnt very good but my drawings are way better than it

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I was thinking about a fire type seal pokemon which evolves into a fire/ice walrus pokemon. I know with it's obvious poor speed and SR weakness it would fail, but it is a interesting idea.

Sire ---> Flubber ---> Ficetucx

Last edited:

LinooneFriend

Pokefriend
Years
Pokemon name: Massacrawl
Type: bug/steel
Description: large, black centipede with long neck and scythe like arms and fangs. Armor like metal bug shell.

Hey, what program makes those sprites?

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
Pokemon name: Massacrawl
Type: bug/steel
Description: large, black centipede with long neck and scythe like arms and fangs. Armor like metal bug shell.

Hey, what program makes those sprites?

I use good ol' MS Paint.

It's simple, it's free, and it's already there.

However most artists use Gimp, Photoshop, or other spriting programs.

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2012
My own pokemon

It is magma wing ripherior.

hp 300

moves: flame thrower. Dream eater + two of your own choice.

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2012
feary gyradoes

hp 250

Moves feary hydro rage, hydro death, lightning punch, curse of flames

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2012
feary gyradoes

feary gyradoes

hp 250

moves feary hydro rage, death hydro pump, mega bolt, curse of flames.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Make sure to keep on topic guys :) and sgupt, triple posting like that is against the rules. Just edit your last post if no one's posted after you.

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2016
Alright, I have many. Starters, legendaries, pseudo-legendaries, all sorts of stuff. Here are a few (sprites will come later):
~Yes, This is it's own region~
The BUG-GHOST Pseudo legendary line:
Pokemon: SKENTOM (SKEN-tome); The GHOST SHELL POKEMON. BUG-GHOST, WONDER GUARD, EXP at Lv100: 1250000, Height: 3.96meters, Weight: 1.2 pounds, Dexcolour: Brown,
Catch rate: 50, Bodystyle: The snowman thing, Footprint: None, Genderless, GHOST egg group, 20 cycles, Yields 2 ATK EVs and 1 SPEED EV, Base EXP: 215.
Dex entry:
Luna: It is the discarded shell of a SCYTHER. It is unknown how this POKEMON is alive, as there isn't any sign of life in it whatsoever, even spirit life.
Sola: The shell of a SCYTHER that was discarded as that POKEMON grew. SKENTOM is the only known pokemon to have an identical life content as that of a stone.
Tera: When a SCYTHER grows, it discards it's shell, which becomes this POKEMON. It is said that if one encounters a SKENTOM, doom will soon fall upon them.
Base stats: 15HP, 140ATK, 30DEF, 93SPATK, 35 SPDEF, 65SPEED.

Pokemon: SKELEIST; The GHOST SHELL POKEMON. BUG-GHOST, WONDER GUARD, EXP at Lv100: 1250000, Height: 2.0meters, Weight: 1.2 pounds, Dexcolour:
Brown, Catch rate: 100, Bodystyle: The snowman thing, Footprint: None, Genderless, GHOST egg group, 15 cycles, Yields 1 ATK EV and 1 SPEED EV, Base EXP: 164.
Dex entry:
Luna: This POKEMON is known to be highly intriguing to even the most talented POKEMON PROFESSORS. In fact, almost nothing is known about SKELEIST apart the fact that it appears completely lifeless.
Sola: No one knows how SKELEIST is alive. SKELEIST is known to stalk people in the dead of night and take their spirits, leaving their bodies a lifeless, hollow husk.
Tera: There is no trace of life in it whatsoever, and it is unknown how this POKEMON appears as being alive. It appears much like an old PYRALATI shell.
Base stats: 10HP, 105ATK, 23DEF, 76SPATK, 35SPDEF, 54SPEED.

Pokemon: EXOST; The GHOST SHELL POKEMON. BUG-GHOST, WONDER GUARD, EXP at Lv100: 1250000, Height: 2.03meters, Weight: 0.4pounds, Dexcolour: Brown, Catch rate: 135,
Bodystyle: Snowman thing, Footprint: None, Genderless, GHOST egg group, 15 cycles, Yields 1 ATK EV, Base EXP: 112.
Dex entry:
Luna: This POKEMON used to be a NINJASK, but it was haunted with a malevolent spirit, causing it's body and mind to wither away, leaving just it's former, possessed shell.
Sola: An old NINJASK shell. It is known to hold the secrets to the ever-mysterious link between spirits and ECNALSINIA. However alive, it appears as though it never was.
Tera: A story tells that when a NINJASK was possessed by an unidentified spirit, the NINJASK became EXOST. POKEMON PROFESSORS believe it can help uncover the secrets of ECNALSINIA.
Base stats: 5HP, 86ATK, 17DEF, 50SPDEF, 29SPDEF, 40SPEED.

Back