• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Innovations in the battle system

Years
I think there should be a total overhaul on the battling style. Rather than tuen based real time battling with dodge as a command and being able to pull of combo moves as well as the option of moves interactinv with the environment. So more like the anime series :)

I doubt that they would add the command to dodge as it would make battles very unfair in my opinion and myself would get bored with it.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
One cool feature would be this, if we could actually command our Pokemon to dodge an attack. Also instead of "clicking" on the move we want, it would be awesome if we could use the microphone to command our Pokemon.
That would be a revolution to the battle system!

*points to Hey You Pikachu* yeah no, I prefer pressing buttons or touchscreen commands, voice recognition is still way too unreliable.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
you forgot to mention for gen 5 the move (no pun intended) away from regular sprites onto moving characters. i think we will see more innovation on that front. for example in the current gen, the pokemon do one or two movements repetitively. id like to see full range movement to where it feels more real, as if the pokemon is actually there. that would be, to put it in the original mr sukizo's terms, "remarkable!"

We've already seen the way Pokemon move in the new battle system. It is a huge improvement. They react to pain, they actually physically touch each other when they use physical moves... It's a big step. I just hope it's still as fast as the gen 5 battle system.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
More combination moves for double/triple battles!

That feature seemed really wasted on the last games, nobody cares about the element pledges ;-; something usefullll.

Back