• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I get Bs and Cs throughout and an odd A or D. Its considered pretty bad already though. Must stop procrastinating...

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Okay, so here's my finalized schedule for the Fall 2013 semester.

Written Communications (English) MWF: 9:30AM ~ 10:30AM
Pre-calculus 1 MW: 10:AM ~ 12:30PM
Java Programming MW: 1:30PM ~ 3PM
Japanese MWF: 3:30PM ~ 5:30PM
Everyday Chemistry (Online class)

Sheesh. A five hour dead period on Friday...

I thought I might as well load up hard. Last semester I only had one hard class and I ended up wasting all my free time.

Years
I've struck the perfect balance between achieving and keeping expectations of myself low.
Pretend to do nothing all year and then High Distinctions on exams so by the time teachers realise I could have handled extra it's too late.

I also cop a fair amount of hate for it because I'm so effective at absorbing information without paying attention.

My course work averages C-/D+ but the worst exam i've done I got 84% and that was for year 11 chemistry. I think that's technically a B+.

Sir Codin

- Genetics
- U.S. Government
- Macroeconomics

Hopefully the latter two classes will freshen my mind for debates in the D&D forum.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Plump, I REALLY wish I could do that. xD I'll pay attention more than anyone in class and not remember a thing when I get home.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
As a Political Science major, I took a ton of classes about the US Government. xD The Presidency, the Legislative Branch, the Judiciary, Criminal Justice, Religion and Government... and that's just a SMALL handful. xD

Years
And that's why people hate me for it, I'll be over in the corner on Facebook barely listening and the teacher asks me if I'm paying attention and without looking up or missing a beat I can recite the main ideas of the last 30 minutes.

I've been doing it for years though so I've had practise, and last minute exam cramming is your best friend ;D

Years
I was a pretty good student because I just liked learning lots of things. I had a good habit of taking notes, too, and not normal school notes. I would draw and doodle about what the teacher was talking about and that helped me remember things better because I had those associations. My notebooks always looked like nonsense though.

droomph

weeb
Years
I try to take notes but it always ends up distracting me more than it helps :p

I just "listen" but apparently that's not good enough for some teachers, to be intently listening to what they're teaching. pfffffff tl;dr I can't take notes lol

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
Years
I tend to drift off, but I'm still semi-aware, so I remember everything later. For example, I've been in a Chemistry lesson, remembered important points that my English teacher said 3 hours before, and started writing them down.

I've been scolded a lot for doing it, though xD

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I usually listened in school <.< I never really drifted off or anything. I guess I was a good student.

Sir Codin

I'm split in the middle. I tend to take notes while nodding off at the same time. I don't know how I'm able to do that.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Sometimes I'm quite tryhard about taking notes. Other times I just can't focus.

I suck at being a student. :P

Honest

Hi!
Years
Oh my god, are we talking about our behavior in class?

I'd be the kid texting underneath the table and sleeping, and still be managing to scrape by with rather decent grades, if I do say so myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back