• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think the News will be on the 8th of January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
*Can't post links will edit post once I get 15 post on this account*
Look on the US site. I hope it is RS Remakes >:O

I hope not, R/S/E were my favorite games in the series, but all the previous games are linked now and the pokémon from said games can all be traded up to the current gen.

It made sense to remake generations 1 and 2 because those were the two odd generations out. R/S/E remakes really aren't needed.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
^ Yes but, the new version of the DS, Nintendo 3DS cannot play GBA games. And if you wanna transfer the GBA games to your Gen V games, you gotta have 1. Gen III game, 2.Gen IV game, 3. 2 Nintendo DS and 5.a Gen V game.

So it's gonna be pretty difficult to play the GBA games now, unless you'll still have your Nintendo DS (not 3DS)

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
^ Yes but, the new version of the DS, Nintendo 3DS cannot play GBA games. And if you wanna transfer the GBA games to your Gen V games, you gotta have 1. Gen III game, 2.Gen IV game, 3. 2 Nintendo DS and 5.a Gen V game.

So it's gonna be pretty difficult to play the GBA games now, unless you'll still have your Nintendo DS (not 3DS)

I could also argue that getting an older DS model that still has the GBA slot is easy and inexpensive, as well as the R/S/E games themselves. I'd wager a lot of pokemon fans still have these old systems anyway.

every gamer should keep a DS with GBA capabilities around anyway because there are a lot of great games for the GBA.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Well yeah, I still have my Gameboy, DS and DSi but it seems like R/S/E is being singled out, they could add new things to Hoenn, it's not about being able to obtain the pokemon but play the game again, maybe with a better storyline and new features, you know?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
Well yeah, I still have my Gameboy, DS and DSi but it seems like R/S/E is being singled out, they could add new things to Hoenn, it's not about being able to obtain the pokemon but play the game again, maybe with a better storyline and new features, you know?

Or instead of spending resources and man hours on game that we have all pretty much played and is easy enough to obtain they should just concentrate on getting gen 6 out that much quicker?

I mean they delayed pokémon moving to the 3DS because of B2/W2, we know Nintendo wasn't to happy about that, The 3DS has been out now for almost 2 years it's time Pokémon made it's way to the 3DS and what better way than to go right to Gen 6?

blue

gucci
Years
Thinking about it, I don't think it will be RS Remakes this time, if that were the case they would have to stay on the Nintendo DS console once again which would be a bad move on their part. Whatever comes next will be on the 3DS whether that be Generation VI or something completely new.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013

The 3DS is not a "new DS". It is a completely new system, which is why GBA games pretty much no longer matter.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Or instead of spending resources and man hours on game that we have all pretty much played and is easy enough to obtain they should just concentrate on getting gen 6 out that much quicker?

I mean they delayed pokémon moving to the 3DS because of B2/W2, we know Nintendo wasn't to happy about that, The 3DS has been out now for almost 2 years it's time Pokémon made it's way to the 3DS and what better way than to go right to Gen 6?

True I guess it makes sense, and I'd love to see what Gen VI has to offer, even means that when R/S/E remakes come out they'll be that much more awesome! xD

Years
I could also argue that getting an older DS model that still has the GBA slot is easy and inexpensive, as well as the R/S/E games themselves. I'd wager a lot of pokemon fans still have these old systems anyway.

every gamer should keep a DS with GBA capabilities around anyway because there are a lot of great games for the GBA.

This is probably the weakest argument against remakes that I've seen so far.

Believe it or not, not everyone has a DS/DS Lite. And sure, they could go out and buy one, but more than likely Nintendo wouldn't get the money for it (do they even still make them new?). Same goes for the original R/S/E. And even if a majority of the people playing have these things, what about the newer players? Plus, it'll only get more difficult to transfer Pokemon from the GBA games to the current generation as time goes on. The only alternative is to get these Pokemon over WiFi, but that in itself can be difficult, if not impossible.

Does that mean we need remakes NOW? No, but we'll need them eventually. If we do get them, it'll be after the next main games are released.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Why do people believe the DS will not retire? The Game Boy was retired, the GBC was retired, GBA was retired...it isn't going to stop. The DS is next, and it's time has come. We should quit focusing on past games and look to the future. (Honestly, it seems people get more excited about remakes of old games than they do of completely brand new games...)

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
This is probably the weakest argument against remakes that I've seen so far.

Believe it or not, not everyone has a DS/DS Lite. And sure, they could go out and buy one, but more than likely Nintendo wouldn't get the money for it (do they even still make them new?). Same goes for the original R/S/E. And even if a majority of the people playing have these things, what about the newer players? Plus, it'll only get more difficult to transfer Pokemon from the GBA games to the current generation as time goes on. The only alternative is to get these Pokemon over WiFi, but that in itself can be difficult, if not impossible.

Does that mean we need remakes NOW? No, but we'll need them eventually. If we do get them, it'll be after the next main games are released.

Please, point to the part in my original post where I said they wouldn't EVER remake R/S/E? I was referring to the announcement on the 8th only, this current time frame, My argument is there is no hurry to get R/S/E remakes out, instead, since Nintendo wants to push the 3DS it would be more likely that they would push gen 6 first.

Again never did I say they would NEVER remake those games. and as for the difficulty of trading? Seeing as how cheap these old systems are as well as the carts it wouldn't be too difficult to trade with yourself.

As for wifi, aside from legendaries, it's pretty easy to get just about any pokemon you want. especially if you visit forums such as these there are plenty of people out there who are willing to trade for what you need.

Why do people believe the DS will not retire? The Game Boy was retired, the GBC was retired, GBA was retired...it isn't going to stop. The DS is next, and it's time has come. We should quit focusing on past games and look to the future. (Honestly, it seems people get more excited about remakes of old games than they do of completely brand new games...)

The biggest argument I ever see for this is because they don't have a 3DS yet and don't want to spend the money for one. What can I say? It's been almost 2 years since the 3DS release, within that time anyone could have saved up for a 3DS by now.

We all knew pokémon would go to the 3DS one day. That time is fast approaching, the DS had it's day, but technology moves forward.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

The ds's other than the DSi are retired. DS, DSlite, and DSiXL are on store discontinue lists, and we were told the DSi should follow this year. We recieved an undated return to vendor order for DSi's in my store.

BeausaHD

The Beau In HD
Years
I think it could be the 6th Gen of the games or maybe even a new game in a new region, but I doubt it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Yeah it's pretty much dead. Though B2W2 surprised us by being on the ds they are likely the last grand hurrah of the ds (Original, lite, i)era. Also the games felt kind of rushed. Sad how the spin off are all on the 3ds but not the main series (not counting the crossover spinoff Nobunaga's ambition/Conquest).

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
remakes of RS are very likely to be announced this year, although i don't think it'll be announced january 8th.
Masuda replied to a fan about remaking Rs, so get your hopes up people!!

current game: Pearl version
Badges: 3

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
It's going to be a worldwide official Pokémon MMORPG with a paid subscription fee, calling it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back