• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The dating game.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
I had a 50% chance of getting it right over the internet hahah! :P
It's good that you've already done things I advised, now it becomes just a matter of practising noticing social queues. The escalation thing is easy once you understand the signals, basically if you see an opportunity for escalation take it. Trying to escalate too early will earn you a little bit of extra time to gain her 'trust' back but it's not serious it doesn't take long and it gives you a little more time to get perspective. If you escalate too late however you may have missed your window and it's the friendzone for you.
Try escalating earlier than you normally would. A good tip is to try and develop a connection the first time meeting someone simply by flirting hard as soon as possible, then take the window to kiss her as soon as it appears. Remember to take note of how she responds to different phrases she may be looking for a genuine conversation instead.

It's fine; in fairness, most people IRL wouldn't see me as the type to be so screwed up when it comes to girls and people online don't see me as very sociable. xD

I guess most people have a knack for being able to pick up social cues; I don't wanna use it as an excuse (I hate those kinds of people) but I have a form of autism so I never really grasped social cues through nature, it's always been something I've had to learn. (I think I've gotten good with it though in all other areas where sex isn't the one and only goal :P)
You're right, that's a good idea - I never really escalate properly unless I know for a fact she's into me (which I can't actually tell yet), so I guess being polarising about it might be useful. :P It's annoying, all my friends have a knack for it; they all get with so many girls and they just assume I do the same when they go off when in reality I just get left behind. xD

Years
I'm 21 and never had a longtime relationship, but I don't mind. I see myself as strange but awesome.
I'm a Slowpoke on picking up signs and I tend to wait too long. For me it's hard to actually approach girls I don't know
because I'm pretty introverted. When I do it, I feel good though.

My dating/ love life contains:

- Passionate Summerlove (Damn you long distance..)
- One Night Stands with the possibility of getting to know their name afterwards (akward)
- A failed double date where a hot girl didn't say anything and only mentioned her bowl movement.
- Random drunk kisses with strangers.

I'm a Ratata send to the Elite Four. To whoever, who thinks theirs suck, read mine. Remember, stay awesome.

EDIT: The myth is wrong, uglier girls have higher standars and pretty girls are in most cases friendlier as if they don't hold any grudges.

Last edited:

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
There's a man out there that I really love, and he's the most amazing thing ever, but in all honesty, I want him to be happy.

I don't really have what I would call a dating life. I don't really date. I never really understood it. I like spending time with him but it's not a "date", it's an adventure where we go all over the place and talk and do things and be silly and tease each other.

It's awkward because he's in a transitional phase and it seems like he is trying to understand who would be best for him in terms of a relationship.

Even if he decides that I'm not the perfect fit, I love him, but I respect him too, and in the end, I want him to be happy, so I let him be. But he keeps getting closer and closer each time we hang out, and I know what he wants, and I don't think either of us are ready for it, but it gets very rushed, you know.

I only got to see him about 6-7 times last year but each time was amazing and wonderful, and I always reminisce them whenever I'm sad or lonely. I talk to him a lot too but it's just not the same as having him there.

I see myself as someone who is very dedicated to the right person who is able to work with my quirks and high level of maintenance with a high payoff for he who stays committed, but it's very difficult for someone to reach that point with me, since a lot of guys I'm around usually are more in it for themselves unfortunately. I guess that sort of "mutuality" comes with age and experience though, and there's plenty of women out there who would much rather be with someone like them, too.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I was recently talking to this guy on Grindr and we really liked each other and then a few days ago he texted me saying "you're an amazing person but I don't want to lead you on, I've just become involved with someone. I hope you don't hate me and we can still be friends."

So that was discouraging! everybody wants to be my friend but I'm apparently not amazing enough for anyone to give me a chance at being something more. I have a date tonight though, so we'll see how that goes I guess. If it doesn't go well I'm done for a while. Dating is really annoying. It's just such a hassle for something that's not a sure thing. I really hate investing all that time in someone only to be reset to square one.

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
Years
Noticing a trend, is there anyone who has any advice for someone trying to find a date or even just entering the dating scene in a sense? Most situations will depend on the people involved, sure, but does anyone have any thoughts or experiences that they feel may help others who are possibly struggling or having trouble starting?

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
I dated 8 girls during middle school and high school. I too fall under that awkward club when it comes to talking to your crushes, but I guess I just got lucky and things ended up working out for the most part. Lately, dating has been stale. My last girlfriend left me when I went through basic training via a dear john letter which gave me a '**** dating' mentality for about a year. I'm over that crap now, but now it's just hard to meet new people since I live in the middle of no where. Hopefully that'll change when I start college after this guatemala trip.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yukari

I honestly don't date, nor would I, given the opportunity

Years
I've dated a few girls, never for more than two outings or so. Eventually I had to face the fact that I just don't care about relationships or sex in general.

Pinta77

I've dated a few girls, never for more than two outings or so. Eventually I had to face the fact that I just don't care about relationships or sex in general.

I feel like that... which is probably bad since I have a girlfriend. I mean sex is cool or whatever but I'm very rarely in the mood. So many things id rather do.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Last year, my junior year in high school, I had a lot of little things with a lot of people so I tended to date a lot. But, I get attached too easily and it tends to drive people away. However, my 7 month anniversary with my girlfriend was today and that's going really well so I'd say I'm doing pretty well in this dating game (:.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Since late summer my dating life has been inexistant. I'm in the "I want to be your friend and have fun" phase rather than let's date and be serious. This is mainly because I'm going off to college in a few months and I don't want things to get complicated.

Years
Ever since I broke up with my ex-boyfriend 2.5 years ago, my dating life has been non-existent, which has been totally fine because that gave me time to compose and focus on myself. There have been a couple times though where a couple friends told me they liked me, but because they were both on the flirtatious side I honestly wasn't sure if they were trolling or being serious, so I just kind of waved off those "confessions" >< There is someone who I'm interested in and have been for a few months. He's been an acquaintance for 6 years, and we've only hung actually started hanging out in September. We've been pretty close ever since :)

Back