• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Not sure if this is simple but I am looking for the flag db in the hex so I could make another assigned one similar to the pokedex one so it adds a new button to the options menu. Thanks for any help ^.^

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2019
hey

i tried to replace bulbasaur with turtwing and it worked except that when i inserted the sprite the black borders from turtwig dissapeared...any suggestions?

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
i tried to replace bulbasaur with turtwing and it worked except that when i inserted the sprite the black borders from turtwig dissapeared...any suggestions?
This requires palette editing. Use the black from bulbasaur for the black in turtwig, and that should fix the problem. The black in D/P/P is different, so it is technically a non-existent color.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2019
This requires palette editing. Use the black from bulbasaur for the black in turtwig, and that should fix the problem. The black in D/P/P is different, so it is technically a non-existent color.

i edited the pallete with a-pallete to the turtwig's colors so it shouldn't happen right?

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2009
I'm using AdvanceMap 1.92 and I've given the player a basement bedroom instead of an upstairs one, just for kicks.

The upstairs (living room) warp works perfectly. Standing on the warp spot and walking left (down the stairs) sends you to the next map (4.1, which is downstairs)

The warp downstairs warps you back (to 4.0) but for some reason, it only works if you again walk left? I need it to work when I walk right, but I can't see any way to change what it does. I deleted it and made a new warp, same problem.

I really have no idea what I did. I didn't change the warp at all (except moving its location) so I don't see why it messed up.

Years
Im still kind of new to Rom Hacking, I need some help here. Im hacking Pokemon FireRed and theres some stuff I need to know.

Sorry if these have been asked before.

1) Is there a way to edit the Pokemon Types, I dont mean types of Pokemon, I want to know if I can edit the Types themselves.

2) How do I change the Wild Encounter/Trainer Battle music for a map?

3) I need a script editor, Ive looked for one?

4) Can I add Text and events, i.e Make Groudon battle event in FireRed, if I can, how?

5) Can I make it so you your player starts with the National Dex, or is given the National dex instead of the Kanto Dex?

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
Im still kind of new to Rom Hacking, I need some help here. Im hacking Pokemon FireRed and theres some stuff I need to know.

Sorry if these have been asked before.

1) Is there a way to edit the Pokemon Types, I dont mean types of Pokemon, I want to know if I can edit the Types themselves.

2) How do I change the Wild Encounter/Trainer Battle music for a map?

3) I need a script editor, Ive looked for one?

4) Can I add Text and events, i.e Make Groudon battle event in FireRed, if I can, how?

5) Can I make it so you your player starts with the National Dex, or is given the National dex instead of the Kanto Dex?

for editing the types use YAPE:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=135173 <-YAPE

script editor use XSE:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=85025 <-HackMews Tools Factory

cant really help you with the other stuff. I am a noob aswell.

My question now: What offset do I put into Shiny Hack Maker to make the shiny pokemon appear?

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2011
im new and...

in making pokemon games how do you add events eg. someones in your path and after you do they they move or someone come and kidnapps someone plz help me.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
How can i change the number of save staes in VBA(10) to more?

By editing the program's source and recompiling it, eventually. Besides, you can have unlimited savegames.

Not sure if this is simple but I am looking for the flag db in the hex so I could make another assigned one similar to the pokedex one so it adds a new button to the options menu. Thanks for any help ^.^

What do you mean exactly by "flag db"?

Is there a way to take control of another OW and it's not a glitch?

Let me think... ASM?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Please help!! I resized Ho-oh's OW to 64x64. UIt looked fine it OW editor and a-map but in gmae ti looks like this.

Here is a picture of what the OW should look like.

Plz help. Thanks in advance.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I'll take this as an "It's not possible."

You could move the player off screen and lock the camera on the OW you want to move about and give it a movement setting of copy ing the players movements. How ever you aren't really free to do any movements. ust like you would with the player itself. It's an illusion of control

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back