adventure

press start to play

Non-binary
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
32,626 posts
11.7 Years
just goes to show that astrology is bs :D

I forgot that I was a Maid of Breath here. But that sounds awesome tbh.

Circuit

Wiring your Circuits

Age 23
Male
Berlin
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
4,814 posts
11.4 Years
Well I definitely should get my ass in here, though for reasons I'll detail in a moment (after the sign up) I need help cause I'm MEGA behind.

Username: Circuit
Derse / Prospit: Prospit
Sign: Aquanius
Class & Aspect: Rogue of Hope

And now on to my question. So basically, after Homestuck ended I kinda fell out of touch with what was going on, and now after re-reading it again, I've found there's suddenly a BUNCH of new stuff around and I'm kinda lost on where I should begin, or what even I should be looking for to engage with. Like, I know of things like Hiveswap, but I also heard there was like a short novel released and stuff too. I wanna read/play it all, so can someone like, point where I'm going? Lmao this sounds super dumb but seriously, I'm at a loss here ^^"

adventure

press start to play

Non-binary
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
32,626 posts
11.7 Years
Well I definitely should get my ass in here, though for reasons I'll detail in a moment (after the sign up) I need help cause I'm MEGA behind.

Username: Circuit
Derse / Prospit: Prospit
Sign: Aquanius
Class & Aspect: Rogue of Hope

And now on to my question. So basically, after Homestuck ended I kinda fell out of touch with what was going on, and now after re-reading it again, I've found there's suddenly a BUNCH of new stuff around and I'm kinda lost on where I should begin, or what even I should be looking for to engage with. Like, I know of things like Hiveswap, but I also heard there was like a short novel released and stuff too. I wanna read/play it all, so can someone like, point where I'm going? Lmao this sounds super dumb but seriously, I'm at a loss here ^^"
AIDEEEEEEN i knew you were not gone forever!!

Hiveswap is totally extra and not necessary for the Homestuck experience. It's a pretty cute point and click game though, and there's an additional game called Friendsim related to that which I haven't even tried yet.

However, I thoroughly recommend you go and read the not at all short novel that was quite recently published online - it's huuuuuge really. We call it "Meat & Candy" but its official name is The Homestuck Epilogues. It's holy psyducking muk epic and much more gritty than Homestuck ever was, and includes all of the old characters and some new. go GO GO read it, let it take hours or days or a week, however much time you need, and then come back and vent here :>

Basically the epilogue starts off a certain way, and then it splits into two paths and you have to choose which one to read first, but eventually you will read both. I went with Meat first, but I kind of feel like maybe the effect would have been more profound if I had gone with Candy first! Up to you.

https://www.homestuck.com/epilogues (click > Start first, meat and candy are the second part)

Circuit

Wiring your Circuits

Age 23
Male
Berlin
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
4,814 posts
11.4 Years
AIDEEEEEEN i knew you were not gone forever!!

Hiveswap is totally extra and not necessary for the Homestuck experience. It's a pretty cute point and click game though, and there's an additional game called Friendsim related to that which I haven't even tried yet.

However, I thoroughly recommend you go and read the not at all short novel that was quite recently published online - it's huuuuuge really. We call it "Meat & Candy" but its official name is The Homestuck Epilogues. It's holy psyducking muk epic and much more gritty than Homestuck ever was, and includes all of the old characters and some new. go GO GO read it, let it take hours or days or a week, however much time you need, and then come back and vent here :>

Basically the epilogue starts off a certain way, and then it splits into two paths and you have to choose which one to read first, but eventually you will read both. I went with Meat first, but I kind of feel like maybe the effect would have been more profound if I had gone with Candy first! Up to you.

https://www.homestuck.com/epilogues (click > Start first, meat and candy are the second part)
Haha, no I just needed a break I think. I realised after saying some stuff I really regret that I needed to peace for a while, and see how things turned out ^^" Safe to say, I'm in a better place now and wanna make amends for some previous behaviour :P

And thanks for the pointer! I shall go read that asap. I get a bunch of free time at work so I can hopefully read through it pretty quick :3 (Don't tell my boss pls, I need this job) What would you recommend to me for the best experience tho, meat or candy first?

adventure

press start to play

Non-binary
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
32,626 posts
11.7 Years
Haha, no I just needed a break I think. I realised after saying some stuff I really regret that I needed to peace for a while, and see how things turned out ^^" Safe to say, I'm in a better place now and wanna make amends for some previous behaviour :P

And thanks for the pointer! I shall go read that asap. I get a bunch of free time at work so I can hopefully read through it pretty quick :3 (Don't tell my boss pls, I need this job) What would you recommend to me for the best experience tho, meat or candy first?
Well like I said, I kinda wish in a way I'd gone with Candy first so I think I'd recommend that BUT read the first part of the prologue yourself and see what you think :3

Circuit

Wiring your Circuits

Age 23
Male
Berlin
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
4,814 posts
11.4 Years
Well like I said, I kinda wish in a way I'd gone with Candy first so I think I'd recommend that BUT read the first part of the prologue yourself and see what you think :3
Aight I'll do that, thankee kindly ma'am :3

Cid

from 2013

Age 23
Male
Philippines
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
2,924 posts
11.3 Years
Hey there, Aidan! Come back here when you're done! I'd love to hear what you think about the epilogues, haha. I definitely regretted reading Meat first. What I did was read Meat up until a character in Meat
Spoiler:
literally tells me to go read Candy because they weren't going anywhere and will wait for me to finish
so after reading all of Candy I came back to where I left off in Meat. If I find the time to read it all over again I'll read Candy first.

In any case, the epilogues gave us more of the characters we grew to love than we ever thought we needed. And the things that happened to them were certainly not what I expected to happen to them after Homestuck ended. It gets very twisty.

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
8,330 posts
8.1 Years
It gets very twisty.
That's Hussie for ya, lmao.

Also welcome to the club Aiden! I'll add you to the list right now! n_n;

Cid

from 2013

Age 23
Male
Philippines
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
2,924 posts
11.3 Years
Speaking of Hussie, what's he been up to? I honestly don't know the future of Homestuck at the moment.
Advertiser Content