• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Interest Check: Court Mafia

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
Years
What are your thoughts on a mostly standard Mafia game except that there will be a new mechanic in place, namely the Trial System (which is significantly different to Town of Salem's)?

What is the Trial System?
- Starting from N1, players PM the game host with the name of a player that they'd like to put on trial (either because they find said player suspicious, they want to get statements or reads from that person, or simply because they want to put someone on trial). The Top 3 players who get the most amount of votes will be placed on trial the next day. The votes received by each player is not revealed.

What happens during Day Phase?
- The three players who have been placed on trial will be the only ones who can be voted by all players. The defendants (players on trial) will try to clear their name from suspicion while the jury (the remaining players) try to discuss about who they should vote out for the day. The player who gets the most amount of votes is lynched.

Is it possible that the players on Trial will all be innocent players?
- Yes. It is quite possible due to the fact that the town may not choose correctly on their scum reads, thus, it is important for the town to make efforts on suspecting the correct people to avoid inevitable mislynches.

What will be its setup and what are possible roles?
- I'm thinking of making the roles mostly vanilla, but there may be roles such as the Judge (in the event of a tie, he decides who is lynched; once per game, he can freely choose the lynch target), the Prosecutor (his votes in the night is counted as two), the Defense Attorney (his votes in the night is counted as negative two), and the Fake Attorney (once in the game, he may select one of the players to be placed in Trial).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
This sounds like how the murdergames on dreamwidth run ('cept suspects are chosen by the mods and one of them is the guilty one) but the whole trial system is similar and so i approve of this.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
This was the setup I was thinking for my Danganropa mafia actually but with the GM deciding who gets to be put to trial.

It's a nice take. Could be interesting.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Ugh home this set up with dangan ronpa would have been great??

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Hmmm what sort of issues? They might be issues that ishi could run into as well.

Back