• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

artificial RED | Complete 721 Pok?mon rombase | Update 12/08/16 | Version 1.1

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
i would love to see a playable patch...trying to figure out how to make one my self tho lol new to rom hacking

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
Patched with the v1.1_1 file, a lot of pokemon's movesets are including the moveset of the pokemon after them (eg: Squirtle has Wartortle's moveset included), some seem to be including up to 4-5 other pokemon's movesets.

And also sacred fire all over the place

That's a PGE error. Use D&D

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
I had some problems with the patch.
I would appreciate it if someone replies.
First of all, this rom is compatible with JPAN hacked engine and Mrdollsteak patch, right?
I have a rom with Mrdollsteak and JPAN installed.
But when I patch it, the game freeze on the starting screen.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!

This patch already contains the MrDS patch... You don't have to patch the MrDS patch anymore if you will use this patch...

I think your problem is that, you pre-patched MrDS patch also... Try vanilla ROM + JPAN Hacked Engine + Artificial Red...

Years
This patch already contains the MrDS patch... You don't have to patch the MrDS patch anymore if you will use this patch...

I think your problem is that, you pre-patched MrDS patch also... Try vanilla ROM + JPAN Hacked Engine + Artificial Red...

Yeah, the truth is I wanted to patch this to my in-progress hack, in which I have installed MRDS patch, so it's not possible to patch this to my in-progress hack?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Whenever I load the fire red rom with this patch on it into VBA, it is simply a blank screen.
What do I do?

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2017
What's the issue?

Using the v1.1_1 ups patch, in the pokemon editor on D&D a whole bunch of pokemon's movesets are over extending to include the movesets of following pokemon. Like charizard's learned moveset is including squirtle & wartortle's (squirtle also has wartortle's moveset, though wartortle's is fine), and then there are other movesets like Riolu's which are all over the place (I can tell that it has riolu, lucario, hippopotas, hippowdon and magnezone amongst maybe 2-3 others)

mkarthick98

Tensai
Years
Hmm, I wonder if it's just for you.

Nope, I have the same issue. Quite a few pokemon actually. I'm not sure why the problem occurs. Might have to do with 3 byte moveset hack.

Edit: Found out how to fix the issue. Its quite minor actually. The moveset for each pokemon should be terminated by 00 00 FF. However, in the problematic cases, it seems to be something else. Manually hex editing them fixes the problems. Volcanion and Mega Gengar throwing up glitches is probably due to this too.

Edit 2: The problem is extensive. I've just gone thru almost 3/4s of Sinnoh. I might post a patch once I'm done.

Last edited:

mkarthick98

Tensai
Years
Okay, so here's the patch I said I'd post. All the level-up movesets have been fixed and the pokemon have their evolutionary methods configured again. If I've forgotten anything, let me know.

Oh, and there's something else I've done. Open the ROM in an item editor and check yourself, if you're that interested. I've replaced the berries with mega stones.
The berry pouch will need to be edited. The main reason for this was that berries are not very useful in FR, besides the usual Sitrus and Lum berries. Also, having them stored in a pouch saves a lot of bag space. This also allows hackers to introduce many more items in the ?????? slots. 44 more items is a big difference. I'd like to hear your comments on this.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36050516/artificalRed%20v1_3.ups

Last edited:

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
Okay, so here's the patch I said I'd post. All the level-up movesets have been fixed and the pokemon have their evolutionary methods configured again. If I've forgotten anything, let me know.

Oh, and there's something else I've done. Open the ROM in an item editor and check yourself, if you're that interested. I've replaced the berries with mega stones.
The berry pouch will need to be edited. The main reason for this was that berries are not very useful in FR, besides the usual Sitrus and Lum berries. Also, having them stored in a pouch saves a lot of bag space. This also allows hackers to introduce many more items in the ?????? slots. 44 more items is a big difference. I'd like to hear your comments on this.

Awesome!

MandL27

Proud Procrastinator
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 24, 2021

I take it editing them back into Berries isn't that difficult for if someone wants a Mega-less hack? At any rate, cool patch.

mkarthick98

Tensai
Years
I take it editing them back into Berries isn't that difficult for if someone wants a Mega-less hack? At any rate, cool patch.

Not very difficult at all. Just check a Vanilla ROM and change the description, image and palette offsets back to normal.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 27, 2017
When I played this game all The 721 Pokemon were not there
From gen 4 snover to end
From gen 5 victini to stunfish
From gen 6 noivern to megas
Floette and florges were after the megas but they had no sprites or moves
Mega charizard y has tough claws instead of drought
Volcanion's name is registered as bulbasaur in the pokedex.

Why aren't the Pokemon added serially. And why did you add half of gen IV then half gen v then a little bit of gen VI. I wish the Pokemon were coded in the order of the pokedex.

I love ur game but this was a bug report that u might find useful. The animated sprites are awesome. I hope you work out the bugs and kinks. I wasn't complaining, just giving a bug report to help you.

mkarthick98

Tensai
Years
All 721 Pokemon are not available unless I'm using the wrong version.

Uh, this is a rombase. It's used for making hacks. It's not actually meant to be playable. All 721 pokemon are in the ROM, except Volcanion. That can be fixed easily. I though I fixed Charizard Y, but it's also a minor issue.

mkarthick98

Tensai
Years
Maybe this is an idiot question, but, how to mega evolve? XD

Mega evolutions are in the ROM, but not the routine for mega evolutions. It takes like 5 seconds to insert the routine, but there is some customizability, and if I were to do it myself and share the patch, it reduces the options available. Inserting the routine is up to you. Check Touched's routine.

Years
Mega evolutions are in the ROM, but not the routine for mega evolutions. It takes like 5 seconds to insert the routine, but there is some customizability, and if I were to do it myself and share the patch, it reduces the options available. Inserting the routine is up to you. Check Touched's routine.

Thanks for explaining it to me man. I don't have PC and and i suck in hacking with Hex Editor heheh (Sorry for the English, I'm from Brazil :v)

Back