• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Retracting votes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I'm just wondering, why can't we retract our votes? I had quite a couple of times when I regretted voting for one thing and just wanted to take it back. I know it's pretty useless most of the time, but shouldn't we have the option to do it?

I do apologize if there is already a thread about this, but I don't remember finding one.

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Y'know, you could just edit your post with the alternate option you choose. D:

I just find that posts saying "my bad, I meant to vote for C instead of B" are really unnecessary.

Years
Well thats counter productive for some circumstances where you change your mind based on how many people have voted for a particular thing.

Factors such as peer pressure, votes being shown, etc. can affect it and sometimes you need to voice YOUR opinion and not the pressured one.

e.g. When a new PC skin is in the works and Jake gives people one out of four choices to use as the main idea behind the skin.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
I am just going to say that there are more benefits to being able to retract votes than not being able to. I know there are tons of polls where things have changed, not because of popular opinions, but because I simply changed my mind. Like, for the What computer do you use thread, I no longer just use a destop. However, I cant change that in the poll.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Cherriiiiiim!

If it's a vote that has a more serious outcome (ie, it might actually affect something rather than a basic "What's your favourite?" poll), then a moderator might be willing to go in and change the numbers for you so that your vote is counted under the right one but it'll still italicize the original option you voted for when you check results. :( The ability to retract votes by user isn't even available on vB so in order to achieve it we'd have to manually go in to edit the results. Obviously this isn't an ideal solution and it does take a bit of time so if it's not a big deal, it's probably better to just... pretend you voted for the right thing. :p

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Cherriiiiiim!

If it's a vote that has a more serious outcome (ie, it might actually affect something rather than a basic "What's your favourite?" poll), then a moderator might be willing to go in and change the numbers for you so that your vote is counted under the right one but it'll still italicize the original option you voted for when you check results. :( The ability to retract votes by user isn't even available on vB so in order to achieve it we'd have to manually go in to edit the results. Obviously this isn't an ideal solution and it does take a bit of time so if it's not a big deal, it's probably better to just... pretend you voted for the right thing. :p

I'd think that something like this could be more accessible(for lack of a better word) for normal users. Thanks for telling me that.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
eeeeee blossom cherrim!

Well, it's not something that usually crops up and since it has to be done manually, it's not exactly fun to go in and change votes. So we don't make a point of plastering everywhere that we'll do it but if it's only every once in a while, I'm sure no one minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back