• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Star Wars RP isn't going to happen... no Co-Gm interest...

I would be interested in that RP Skymin said above. I think a good fantasy RP would be nice, and strangely for this site pretty original (ironic since its the stereotypical RP setting thanks to D&D).

Well, I'd help, but I don't remember the movies now o.o I'm disappointed in myself, I like Star Wars a lot.

Exactly what I was thinking xD Although I'm not very sure about the D&D setting... because, well, I haven't played it myself xD

miley810

Assassin
Years
Well I've never known anything about Star Wars besides they used huge glowing sticks to fight each other and there was a little robot called R-2 D-2. Or at least, that was my mind as a 4 year old.

I have a feeling this is gonna be a long wait, waiting for people to sign up for my new RP.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Okay guys, so I have typed up a bit of the mage class. I still have to add quite a bit, like what kinds of magic they use and some other minor things, but here's a bit for you guys to C&C.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Well I've never known anything about Star Wars besides they used huge glowing sticks to fight each other and there was a little robot called R-2 D-2. Or at least, that was my mind as a 4 year old.

I have a feeling this is gonna be a long wait, waiting for people to sign up for my new RP.

Well, you seem to often have new RPs going on. Maybe try to keep some old ones going as well? :3 People can't join an infinite number of RPs and as of now, school is probably keeping many busy (or at least it should, lol) so maybe RPs won't fill up as quickly as they do during the holidays.

I love Star Wars. The thing with an RP of it would be to make a working story and plot... I mean, while most RPs deal with one region or some countries or in some cases one planet, Star Wars has THIIIIIIS MAAAANY planets that the RPers can shift between. Can, not must.

miley810

Assassin
Years

Well, you seem to often have new RPs going on. Maybe try to keep some old ones going as well? :3 People can't join an infinite number of RPs and as of now, school is probably keeping many busy (or at least it should, lol) so maybe RPs won't fill up as quickly as they do during the holidays.

I love Star Wars. The thing with an RP of it would be to make a working story and plot... I mean, while most RPs deal with one region or some countries or in some cases one planet, Star Wars has THIIIIIIS MAAAANY planets that the RPers can shift between. Can, not must.

I can't seem to keep them going. LR is alive still, but Rocket's Emerge died 'cause none of us could think of a good post so we decided to abandon it, Cardcaptoring died because the other person said she didn't want to post and the other one went inactive from PC, Saving the Pokemon World has been dead forever because it stunk as my first RP, My x-men rp was never signed up on, nor my Avalon: Web of Magic one, but I think my new one really has potential. And I dropped out of some rps and some went inactive, right now I'm only in *thinks* five RPs (Including my new one). I don't really video game much anymore, and none of my friends' parents ever want to let any one over, so you know...

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Okay guys, so I have typed up a bit of the mage class. I still have to add quite a bit, like what kinds of magic they use and some other minor things, but here's a bit for you guys to C&C.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

You insult me and the arcane arts. (Needs more Skyrim-esque classes, i.e. variability)
Mage, Witch/Wizard, Wicken, Warlock, Sorcere[ss/r], et cetera. I think you should make classes with subdivisions, so that you can include any and all of these. There are more, although you might have to do some thinking/researching, lol.
There are differences. And if there don't seem to be, you can make some. For example, you could have sorcere[sses/rs] use things like potions and brews, and maybe have a bit more balance between sword/magic, and you could have witches/wizards require something like a wand in order to channel their magic. Wicca are witches that tend to use white magic, which can make them gifted healers. Mages don't require wands or potions like the others, and so they can cast stronger spells, although it would require them to draw upon their own life energy (and if they know how, the life energy of their surroundings) in order to use magic, which sets a limit on them the others don't have in return to more powerful magic.
OOOOOOR something like that.
I can't give you any pointers on anything involving swordsmanship really.

By the way, I like elves >:(
But if I was doing that Inheritence RP, like I said, you wouldn't be able to be elves anyways. Because they're a lot stronger than humans, so it would be an unfair advantage. But then you get Urgals/Kull, which I guess are, in a way, similar to orcs/ogres/trolls/goblins, but only because they are "monsters" like that.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023

You insult me and the arcane arts. (Needs more Skyrim-esque classes, i.e. variability)
Mage, Witch/Wizard, Wicken, Warlock, Sorcere[ss/r], et cetera. I think you should make classes with subdivisions, so that you can include any and all of these. There are more, although you might have to do some thinking/researching, lol.
There are differences. And if there don't seem to be, you can make some. For example, you could have sorcere[sses/rs] use things like potions and brews, and maybe have a bit more balance between sword/magic, and you could have witches/wizards require something like a wand in order to channel their magic. Wicca are witches that tend to use white magic, which can make them gifted healers. Mages don't require wands or potions like the others, and so they can cast stronger spells, although it would require them to draw upon their own life energy (and if they know how, the life energy of their surroundings) in order to use magic, which sets a limit on them the others don't have in return to more powerful magic.
OOOOOOR something like that.
I can't give you any pointers on anything involving swordsmanship really.

By the way, I like elves >:(
But if I was doing that Inheritence RP, like I said, you wouldn't be able to be elves anyways. Because they're a lot stronger than humans, so it would be an unfair advantage. But then you get Urgals/Kull, which I guess are, in a way, similar to orcs/ogres/trolls/goblins, but only because they are "monsters" like that.

Tbh, I had been thinking of ideas on those lines, but I actually didn't want to confuse the RPer with subclasses. But like I had said, picking all types of magic is a MUST for all mages, but they can only excel in some, so yeah, I could essentially add those subclasses. This isn't exactly like a video game, where you pick a class and have to follow it the whole time. I won't be setting any kind of limit on spells either, I'd rather make the player be imaginative and use spells they want to use. But yeah, there's always the risk that somebody will use an overpowered spell, so I'll be setting a bit of limits on that too.

I'll probably not be making exact sub-classes, but giving different kinds of mages names, like you mentioned. It'll be a bit cleaner and not very complicated.

ELVES NO... overused imo. All these things have become standard creature in almost every fantasy game/book. Urgals and Kulls ARE really only trolls and ogres, they are stupid and strong.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

Tbh, I had been thinking of ideas on those lines, but I actually didn't want to confuse the RPer with subclasses. But like I had said, picking all types of magic is a MUST for all mages, but they can only excel in some, so yeah, I could essentially add those subclasses. This isn't exactly like a video game, where you pick a class and have to follow it the whole time. I won't be setting any kind of limit on spells either, I'd rather make the player be imaginative and use spells they want to use. But yeah, there's always the risk that somebody will use an overpowered spell, so I'll be setting a bit of limits on that too.

I'll probably not be making exact sub-classes, but giving different kinds of mages names, like you mentioned. It'll be a bit cleaner and not very complicated.

ELVES NO... overused imo. All these things have become standard creature in almost every fantasy game/book. Urgals and Kulls ARE really only trolls and ogres, they are stupid and strong.

I agree with you, on most points ^^ js. It's not a video game and each character could start off as some kind of mage, but then evolve and learn new things depending on who they meet, where they go and what they do in the RP?

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023

I agree with you, on most points ^^ js. It's not a video game and each character could start off as some kind of mage, but then evolve and learn new things depending on who they meet, where they go and what they do in the RP?

I like that idea xD; It could work really well. For example, finding a mentor of sorts in the land? And some other ideas that I currently have... I guess I should start working soon :B

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Lemme know if you want any ideas or such~!

And a little advertising for a Unova journey RP: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=270734
We are only 3 players and would probably like at least one more to join (at least I want that, lol). Talk to HunterZero if you're interested.

Btw, I'm actually starting to think up a story for a Star Wars RP. But this time I shall not write up or post it before my current RPs are done. I.e. Arcanum~

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=272390 Sorry for only posting to advertise my rp Pokemon:Unova Masters please join. You don't have to be the best role player to join either.
It's ok to post here to advertise ;) it's one of many uses this thread has. The SUs are a bit too short for my taste but I wish you good luck with your RP.

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I did a lot more on the mages part. n__n Check it out!

Spoiler:

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
Years

Spoiler:

*whistles That's one nice job there, DeepImpact. Like how you added Latin names to the various types of the magic. Though I think I won't be used to having Black magic as something else this time.(Playing Final Fantasy can effect people's imagination of magic, you know) But over all, I think this will be enough, though I'm not sure what will others think about it. Keep working, I'm expecting big things from you! :)

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
So, guys, I hate to interrupt the discussion about originality and wizards, but I've got an unrelated question.

If I were to work on another guide, what should the subject be? (That is to say, what would you guys like to know about?)

Look at me! Assuming I can teach people things. Pshaw.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
So, guys, I hate to interrupt the discussion about originality and wizards, but I've got an unrelated question.

If I were to work on another guide, what should the subject be? (That is to say, what would you guys like to know about?)

Look at me! Assuming I can teach people things. Pshaw.
Look around the board and see if there's something players should learn? Just... in your last guide I somehow felt like you were saying "This is how things shall be and no other way" while I'd rather you said that "This is how things could and probably should be, but there are of course other ways". Unless it's something about grammar or spelling or general post length ^^

Dawn

Years
I could do that, but on the other hand I'd rather just ask people what they think would be a great subject to get an idea of what people care about.

Also... Speaking of grammar...
passivevoice.png

When reading a guide, the "should" is implied from the start. (As opposed to rules where it's not.) Stating it again makes one appear to lack a backbone or not be sure of themselves.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

>:(
I see Black Magic more as offensive magic, like you have red magic listed there. That's how people usually use it. White magic is normally healing, and sometimes defensive spells. Nature magic (pfft, green magic) is . . . well, yes, basically like that. Although, you can mix nature magic with white magic, as some aspects of them are the same/similar, although they have their differences.
If you take an Elder Scrolls approach, you'd have magic classes like Destruction, Restoration, Illusion, Conjuration, Mysticism, Alteration and Alchemy.
With a FF approach . . . er, I'm not sure how they all work, but I know they have Black magic as that offensive magic. In KH it's just magic, so I dunno too much there, lol.
Another one I can think of is Blue Dragon, which has Black magic as offensive magic and White magic as healing magic, with a few spells such as "Shine" that use light to attack, and although it's rather weak it can blind your foes and works especially well on the undead. I think there's also Barrier magic and . . . um, I forget what it's called, but it's kind of like magic that makes your opponent more vunerable, kind of like the Saboteur role in FFXIII.

Of course you could just say the basics of magic, leaving a bit of it up to the interpretation of the RPers (i.e. I take over the whole world and skool y'all in the arcane arts)

@PkMn Trainer Yellow - Pfft, I'm perfect already, why would I need a guide? /*shot*
Sadly, I think a lot of the newbies either don't read the guides/rules or don't strive to improve. I don't mean to be mean, but sometimes when I look around I just . . . *shudders* I think we need a guide on grammar. And spelling. And post length. And descriptive details. Let's just send 'em back to first grade.[/S] Maybe you could do a guide on how to describe things more, so as to create a more vivid environment and lengthen your posts? You could have a little spelling/grammar section included . . . although I don't know what you could say other than "go spellcheck so that I can at least get the basis of your post before I can even help you. Don't argue, because I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to understand you anyways. Here, now grab a dictionary and read it entirely. Come back tomorrow and recite the entire english language to me please. Have a nice night!"

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I could do that, but on the other hand I'd rather just ask people what they think would be a great subject to get an idea of what people care about.

Also... Speaking of grammar...
passivevoice.png

When reading a guide, the "should" is implied from the start. (As opposed to rules where it's not.) Stating it again makes one appear to lack a backbone or not be sure of themselves.
-.-' now you're doing it again. I mean, you often state things like it's a fact when it really doesn't have to be. I think I could write a guide that tells people how they could do certain things, should they like to try, and not tell them that they have to do things in a certain way.

But I do see what you mean about the should in guides.

Sadly, I think a lot of the newbies either don't read the guides/rules or don't strive to improve. I don't mean to be mean, but sometimes when I look around I just . . . *shudders* I think we need a guide on grammar. And spelling. And post length. And descriptive details. Let's just send 'em back to first grade.[/S] Maybe you could do a guide on how to describe things more, so as to create a more vivid environment and lengthen your posts? You could have a little spelling/grammar section included . . .

Ah! I was about to write that in this post xD I could actually do a guide like that, on how to make more vivid posts and how to lengthen them easily. Whenever I got the time lol

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023

>:(
I see Black Magic more as offensive magic, like you have red magic listed there. That's how people usually use it. White magic is normally healing, and sometimes defensive spells. Nature magic (pfft, green magic) is . . . well, yes, basically like that. Although, you can mix nature magic with white magic, as some aspects of them are the same/similar, although they have their differences.
If you take an Elder Scrolls approach, you'd have magic classes like Destruction, Restoration, Illusion, Conjuration, Mysticism, Alteration and Alchemy.
With a FF approach . . . er, I'm not sure how they all work, but I know they have Black magic as that offensive magic. In KH it's just magic, so I dunno too much there, lol.
Another one I can think of is Blue Dragon, which has Black magic as offensive magic and White magic as healing magic, with a few spells such as "Shine" that use light to attack, and although it's rather weak it can blind your foes and works especially well on the undead. I think there's also Barrier magic and . . . um, I forget what it's called, but it's kind of like magic that makes your opponent more vunerable, kind of like the Saboteur role in FFXIII.

Of course you could just say the basics of magic, leaving a bit of it up to the interpretation of the RPers (i.e. I take over the whole world and skool y'all in the arcane arts)

@PkMn Trainer Yellow - Pfft, I'm perfect already, why would I need a guide? /*shot*
Sadly, I think a lot of the newbies either don't read the guides/rules or don't strive to improve. I don't mean to be mean, but sometimes when I look around I just . . . *shudders* I think we need a guide on grammar. And spelling. And post length. And descriptive details. Let's just send 'em back to first grade.[/S] Maybe you could do a guide on how to describe things more, so as to create a more vivid environment and lengthen your posts? You could have a little spelling/grammar section included . . . although I don't know what you could say other than "go spellcheck so that I can at least get the basis of your post before I can even help you. Don't argue, because I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to understand you anyways. Here, now grab a dictionary and read it entirely. Come back tomorrow and recite the entire english language to me please. Have a nice night!"

Well, my first idea was to make all kinds of magic elemental, like Red=fire and Green=Earth, but then I thought that it would be too cliche. While yes, I do know that Black magic will be seen as more of an "offensive" kind of magic due to FF, I made black magic that way because I intend to make that part a very important plot point xD. I know the english names are very very poor, its possible that people are going to refer to the magic with their latin names though :P

Dawn

Years
@RHCP: I don't know. Statistically speaking I've picked up on short posts being caused more by people not caring for length and less by them not knowing how to make them longer.

Years
Well, I've been thinking about running a NiGHTS into Dreams RP, having rediscovered my intrest in the series and all, and I'm wondering: Am Ithe only one who knows about NiGHTS here? What would you guys think of an RP in that world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back