• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years

You mean appart from a x2 weakness against Ground?
It has Levitate for an ability, so it basically has no weaknesses (unless its ability has been swapped/negated.)

EDIT: Too slow. :< Anyway, I'd assume (haven't actually used one) that it would be quite good because it has quite a high BST. On the other hand, its best stat is attack, and it only learns two physical electric moves (Spark by prior evolution and Wild Charge by TM.) Additioanlly, you'll need an Thunderstone if you want to evolve it to Eelektross.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I really like Eelektross. Sadly, it's speed is rather pathetic but it's got some nice bulk to it. A nice movepool and I think it's design is rather cool as well. The fact that it has no weaknesses thanks to its ability is even more appealing.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
For some reason when I clicked on this I thought it was about Tympole. D:

I was reading like "oh you silly people, it does have a weakness....it's grass of course" :p

As for Tynamo, don't know much yet since I only just caught one and haven't got a chance to look at it. It seems a bit difficult to train though since it doesn't learn level up moves until it evolves.

G0D M0DE

Chimpokomon Trainer
Years
I love it so far. Just got to have the patience for it hahah. You can compensate for its lack of sp atk in its later forms by letting it learn acid spray & you can bulk it up w/ another move, coil. Also, just as everyone else has said, no weakness!

I used exp share to evolve the Tynamo into Eelektrik, then waited until it reached level 54 to evolve it into Elektross w/ the Thunderstone.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
Years
Tynamo isn't that great in battling, but once you let it evolve into Elektross, it becomes a powerhouse in Attack. My suggestion is to use an Exp. Share to evolve it into an Elektrik, then evolve it using a Thunderstone to get Elektross.

Mozarch4

Beginer trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • UAE
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
its a good pokemon but in order to evolve it to the final form you will need a thunder stone and this means you will stick to the second form until it learns all his moves ( if you want to) but I dont think its helpful in E4 or N or plasma leader . Ive been using it through all the game and when i reached E4 i switched him with that steal bug poke

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
if you dont evlove the the 2nd evoulution until it learns its posion attacks it will be real good. But it depends on how you train it because cynthias one can kick serious butt

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Since we're keeping on an active discussion, I'll go ahead and move it to our Likes and Dislikes thread. Seems like a reasonable topic to discuss the Pokémon there instead. (;

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Cynthia and Ghetsis use it. I do too.

And it's really powerful, it can learn things such as Dragon Claw, Brick Break, Wild Charge, etc. I recommend using it.

I was choosing between Electross and Chanduler but in the end I chose to catch the Litwick. idk if I made the right decision, both are very strong.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Tynamo literally learns nothing outside of Tackle, Charge Beam, Thunder Wave and Spark. When it evolves into Eelektrik, it actually learns moves by level up and TM, but what I'd suggest is to evolve it into Eelektross as soon as you get it because Eelektrik's level up moves outside of Coil and Crunch isn't that good. Plus, Eelektross has a wide TM movepool.

Rawrinism

Shandera'd
Years
I find elektross' back sprite and animation very cute . iduno why ... :>
something makes me feeling a little bit attached to Crimgan... O:
I still don't like the Gurdurr family. But Timburr is an exception due to it's cuteness . :3

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 27, 2017
I think Gen V actually has the best standalone design of any game.

Like, yeah, I grew up with Gen I. But looking back, some of those designs are trash. More trash then Trubbish... whom I actually like. I think it takes a certain creativity to actually make a decent Pokemon out of a trash bag/ice cream.

The only thing I'm truly disappointed in are the three genie/djinn legendaries. They're such a waste of space to me.

Well said. I grew up with the first generation (the anime anyway) but really I find a majority of these new Pokemon more creative the original 151. There are so many people stuck in the past that they let their nostalgia blind them from appreciating anything new. Also a Pokemon's more than a design looking beautiful/cool/cute--it's also the thought put behind the design as well.

Years
I really like the appearance of Oshawott, Tepig, Snivy, Gothitelle, Reuniclus, Hydreigon, Reshiram, Zekrom, Cubchoo, Patrat, Pansage, Pansear, Panpour and Excadrill.

I reaaaaallllly hate Garbodor, Golurk, Bisharp, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Escavalier, Accelgor, Haxorus and Archen.

Years
I really like the appearance of Oshawott, Tepig, Snivy, Gothitelle, Reuniclus, Hydreigon, Reshiram, Zekrom, Cubchoo, Patrat, Pansage, Pansear, Panpour and Excadrill.

I reaaaaallllly hate Garbodor, Golurk, Bisharp, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Escavalier, Accelgor, Haxorus and Archen.

:( I like most of those pokemon you hate. Except for garbodor, I agree that hes a piece of poorly designed poo.
I dislike conkledurr and seismitoad's design too.

Years
I HATE Sigilyph's design... A bit Hoennish to be honest.
Spr_5b_561.png

Last edited:

Aimseed

Gym Leader
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 9, 2011
The only ones I dislike are the way Timburr and the evolutions look, apart from that I pretty much like them all.
I love Deerling and Swasbuck.

Back