• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scary Pokemon Stories!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2012
Hi Everyone, My name is NRFA.
I'm looking for some Pokemon stories. But not just some funny story or glitch that you accidentally activated once. I'm looking for scary Pokemon stories.

Now this doesn't necessarily have to be something that happened IN your Pokemon game. It could be something scary that happened while you were watching the Pokemon Anime.

But what I'm really looking for are things that actually DID happen in the Pokemon Game.

I can't wait to here your stories and hopefully some of the ones I read are way scarier than I think they would be. See you all in my next forum post! Bye!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Since you're branching this out into the anime, and not just the games, I'm going to move this over to Pokemon General.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2012
Ok! Thanks, I'm new here so I didn't knowthat I would have to put it in General

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
Well, only time I ever got creeped out was when I was playing Pokemon Diamond around 5 years ago.
It was about 1AM and I was exploring the Old Chateau in Eterna Forest, the music was insidious, I didn't think about turning it down...
I was in the kitchen when an NPC showed up and started 'floating' across the screen, I literally flinched! haha! Then a girl appears in a room next to me and runs out of it, which suprised me as well.
Finally caught Rotom then got the hell out of there lol...

EDIT:
Today, I was reading random stuff on the web, then came across a story about Lavender Town's music, its called the Lavender Town Syndrome, that gave me some chills...

Last edited:
Years
[SIZE="a"]Well, I have one. It was around 5 years ago, or something like that. I had a friend with me, and we were hanging out playing the new pearl/diamond games. I had Pearl and he had Diamond. It was pretty late, probably midnight. We traded, (you know, the ds local trade thingy) and after the trade completed, the game freak thing went off. Then it went straight to a room, and my sprite was surrounded my four npc's all staring at me. I tried moving but I couldn't. I turned of my DS, freaked out. On my friends DS, it was fine. He had been brought to the pokemon center with his new pokemon. I didn't tell him what just happened, because I was pretty scared as didnt want to show it. I turned on my DS again. It loaded up regularly, but when I opened my save, I wasn't in the Pokemon Center. I was where my last save was. Knowing that it saves right after a trade, always, I was confused. I also didn't have the Pokemon that he gave me.

True story. I think it was just a bug with my Pearl, but who knows.[/SIZE]

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2012
Hahaha! Missing frequencies! I love it! I was just listening to it like 2 days ago!

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
I've heard of Lavender Town syndrome...i had no idea it had anything to do with MissingNo, though...

This isn't that scary, but on Marvelous Bridge there's this girl sometimes taht if you walk up to her, flickers and dissapears like a hologram or something. It really scared /confused me. I've heard rumors that she's really that old lady who's like "marvelous bridge is so exciting im taking a rest" and that she's teleporting with an Abra but idk.

Last edited:

Joshawott

Banned
Years
One time I was playing Pokémon Diamond and I got the Old Rod from what I thought was a polite fisherman. Eager to try it out, I faced a body of water and cast my line, and what did I find? A Magikarp. Scariest thing that I've ever experienced while playing a Pokémon game.

Zayphora

Years
[SIZE="a"]Well, I have one. It was around 5 years ago, or something like that. I had a friend with me, and we were hanging out playing the new pearl/diamond games. I had Pearl and he had Diamond. It was pretty late, probably midnight. We traded, (you know, the ds local trade thingy) and after the trade completed, the game freak thing went off. Then it went straight to a room, and my sprite was surrounded my four npc's all staring at me. I tried moving but I couldn't. I turned of my DS, freaked out. On my friends DS, it was fine. He had been brought to the pokemon center with his new pokemon. I didn't tell him what just happened, because I was pretty scared as didnt want to show it. I turned on my DS again. It loaded up regularly, but when I opened my save, I wasn't in the Pokemon Center. I was where my last save was. Knowing that it saves right after a trade, always, I was confused. I also didn't have the Pokemon that he gave me.

True story. I think it was just a bug with my Pearl, but who knows.[/SIZE]

What were the NPCs? I mean, were they ordinary looking trainers or some sort of specialized character?

footontable

Is this a Dream? I hope not <3
Years
Whatever you do, DO NOT look up Hypno's Lullaby!
Why? Now i wanna look it up, lol.

I've heard of Lavender Town syndrome...i had no idea it had anything to do with MissingNo, though...

This isn't that scary, but on Marvelous Bridge there's this girl sometimes taht if you walk up to her, flickers and dissapears like a hologram or something. It really scared /confused me. I've heard rumors that she's really that old lady who's like "marvelous bridge is so exciting im taking a rest" and that she's teleporting with an Abra but idk.

Thats not a glitch or anything, its supposed to be there. To quote teh official pokemon guide:
"The mysteriously vanising girl
Sometimes a girl stands next to the man on the east side of the bridge. When you approach, she disappears. When you talk to the lady at the base of the elevator, she says there used to be a girl who always played with Abra before the bridge was built..."

Years
In-game-wise, I can't really think of anything really scary, other than maybe Lavender Tower. The unidentified ghosts and the Channelers always creep me out.

Other than that, the Pokemon Lost Silver creepypasta is a pretty scary, if not fascinating read. I hear they even have a small game (maybe a hack?) about it.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2012
Ok! I'll be sure to look up Hypno's Lullaby AND Lost Silver Creepypasta! :D

Zayphora

Years
LOST SILVER CREEPYPASTA IS SOOOOOEPICCCCCCCCCCCC

Wowwww. I really wasn't expecting it to be that cool/creepy. Had to read weird manga to calm myself down. Lol.

Hypno's Lullaby is just weird...

footontable

Is this a Dream? I hope not <3
Years
I just listened to Hypnos lullaby. THE VOICE WAS SO CREEPY!!! The Lost silver creepypasta seemed too fake, but who knows...

EDIT: I found this one thing if you search "creepy pokemon stories" one from some website called funny junk will come up. Its really gruesome and creepy, and I do not recommend the faint of heart reading it, but if you think you can, you should read it.

Last edited:
Years
EDIT: I found this one thing if you search "creepy pokemon stories" one from some website called funny junk will come up. Its really gruesome and creepy, and I do not recommend the faint of heart reading it, but if you think you can, you should read it.

I've heard of that one before. You're right in saying that it's pretty gruesome...I remember having to do some happy stuff so I could chipper up.

I found an interesting story myself. It's called Pokemon Strangled Red. To be honest though, it's more depressing than anything.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Has anyone yet mentioned the theory that Pokemon is a post-apocalyptic world torn apart by war? It's not scary in the traditional sense, but still creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back