• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm aware- I was just remarking that my 3DS will only be used for X/Y. D:

I don't mind not playing many video games. At least now I don't waste even more time on it.

Pokémon games are pretty much the only games I've been buying nowadays. I occasionally get Mario games, though.

Anyway, I'll mess with my Black 2's Join Avenue, then head off to bed. 'Night, everyone.

Years
Like PlatinumDude, I bother just playing Pokémon games these days and nothing more. Though for some odd reason, that makes it feel like I'm blowing money on games for nothing >_<

Years
I feel the same way about games too. Especially console games, like Pokemon, that can be $35-$40. A part of me thinks X and Y is coming too quickly, but another part is bored of playing B2/W2, FR/LG, and HG/SS already.

Question: is the price point for DS games generally around $40? I remember when Emerald used to be $50 dollars, so I guess we're getting more value for our money now.

Years
Yeah, a DS game is roughly worth $35-$40.. and they always have been. I got Diamond and Pearl on the first day of release around $34.99 each, and as late as last year I got Black 2 for the same price, roughly.

What I don't understand though is why a DS game sells for the same price as a 3DS game... it may just be me but I would at least expect a 3DS game to cost a little more than a regular DS game.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Yeah, a DS game is roughly worth $35-$40.. and they always have been. I got Diamond and Pearl on the first day of release around $34.99 each, and as late as last year I got Black 2 for the same price, roughly.

What I don't understand though is why a DS game sells for the same price as a 3DS game... it may just be me but I would at least expect a 3DS game to cost a little more than a regular DS game.

I'm pretty sure it's to keep the gaming market competitive and rolling over. Like.. think about it. Even at the time N64 games were selling for 50, 60 dollars and such depending on the game. Gameboy colour games were also 30-40 dollars when they came out too. Might just be an incentive to buy newer.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Summer Paradise Chit-Chat! (Rule removed, read first post!)

speapking of prices. What are The Prices for Pokemon B/W & B2W2 in your area? Because here, Pokemon BW cost more than B2W2 ._.

droomph

weeb
Years
I think Nintendo is catching on to the "we only sell trinkets!" vibe from the Microsoft and Sony camp and want to stick it to 'em by offering the cheapest games around, etc.

Though honestly, they're a bit too expensive for my taste, but at least for Pokémon 1) it's still about $20 less and 2) this will last about my whole lifetime whereas the $60 will be like a 10-hour movie.

Despite all the flak Nintendo is getting, they should pay attention to some of its more prominent 3rd party producers, namely Game Freak.

Though I won't say that M/S is bad or anything. I still think the whole "we sell gadgets" thing is pretty over-the-top, but there is no doubt some crap they're shoveling on to us with the whole 3D gimmick, etc. But then again, with the Move and the Kinect, M/S are pretty much the same in that regards. And they are known for different things - Nintendo for making childhood memories (thus long-lasting games), Xbox for its graphics, PSx for its…fanboys?idek graphics also. I just think that the "console war" is pretty stupid and tbh I would get all three if I had the choice.

There. My reason why I don't hang out on video game forums.

speapking of prices. What are The Prices for Pokemon B/W & B2W2 in your area? Because here, Pokemon BW cost more than B2W2 ._.

here in the US you can pretty much calculate how many games you're gonna buy by dividing how much money you have by $36 :p

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Video game industry. Ugh. Also the console war, the worst part of it are the fanboys insulting each other over which console is best -.-

Years
Is anyone a PC gamer here? I was never too big on consoles, and never really went to my friends' houses to game :P I can't operate a joypad.

To be honest though, I find that I don't have the time to game like I used to. Part of growing up I guess.

droomph

weeb
Years
Is anyone a PC gamer here? I was never too big on consoles, and never really went to my friends' houses to game :P I can't operate a joypad.

To be honest though, I find that I don't have the time to game like I used to. Part of growing up I guess.

I have Steam and a lot of games there, so there's that.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'm a PC gamer myself. The only console game I play anymore (besides handheld consoles) are Super Smash Bros Melee. Since I'm in the competitive side of that game.

I play TF2, Dota 2, World of Warcraft & Left 4 Dead 2 on my PC right now.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I'm mainly a PC gamer, too. When I was an older kid though, I also had both Nintendo and Sony systems, so I'm pretty loyal to both brands, actually. But definitely more of a PC gamer than I ever was.

I actually like the "console wars" that fanboys/girls participate in. I think it's good to stand by something with full conviction like that. The passion is good for the soul! I imagine them as different factions, haha.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
But at the point where they just start insulting each other and not talking about the consoles anymore, it's just.. ugh >_>

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'm not too into consoles... I have a 360 but I barely play it. I much prefer my 3DS. I don't really play any games on anything else but my 3DS... not on PC or anything anymore. /old

Years
I used to be a heavy PS2 gamer, nowadays I mainly focus on my Pokemon games. I did get a 3DS XL last Christmas but the main reason I want to use it is for Pokemon X & Y.

Years
I don't use my 3DS XL to browse the internet, and not my iPod Touch as much as I used to because I'm mostly home these days.. but I would probably browse on the go a lot more if I had a tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back