• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Smash 4/7/2013 + April CoroCoro: Mewtwo's New Form!

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
Mewthree actually be really cool I think; having a game derived around a Mewthree plot or something similar certainly has potential. And who knows, it may get all those nostalgia junkies who hide away playing Gameboy refusing to play the new games interested in X and Y due to their hero being cloned once again.

Lol.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
It's a strange looking thing, buuuut I like it. I hope Mew is involved in its story line.... Cuase that could lead to a mew event :) (I like mew, but I haven't got one)
I like the ideas of it being another clone, it will be interesting. I think it brings form will bug me a bit, I don't know why. But the whole thing is annoying somewhat. Although I hope it isn't called MewThree it will sound so tacky.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If anything, this is a new Event Legend if not a new form. If a new form, then it still won't play in the main story. All you'd have to do is transfer the mewtwo over and it can change. Mew is pretty much download only so Mew playing any part in the story is pretty non-existent.

So new Mewbuu is either event which plays no part in the main story, can be recieved either post or pre national dex. Or its a new form that will allow Mewtwo to take once we can transfer him over...which will be Post national dex.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Mew is pretty much download only so Mew playing any part in the story is pretty non-existent.
Have to answer this. Mew IS catchable in Emerald. Problem is, you can't legally do it without an event-only acquisition unlocking access to the island. I've received one of those Mews in a trade. I don't have an AR for that system, either, so I can't personally go and enter that code on my own Emerald game, either.

So basically, I wonder if they'll do something like that again, include a Mew Event where you battle and catch it rather than it being handed right to you via a Wifi Event Giveaway.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Have to answer this. Mew IS catchable in Emerald. Problem is, you can't legally do it without an event-only acquisition unlocking access to the island. I've received one of those Mews in a trade. I don't have an AR for that system, either, so I can't personally go and enter that code on my own Emerald game, either.

So basically, I wonder if they'll do something like that again, include a Mew Event where you battle and catch it rather than it being handed right to you via a Wifi Event Giveaway.

Cyclone

That Mew is still event only. You cannot get it without going to an event to get the Old Sea Chart to get to Mew. So even still, Mew is Event only.

Arceus, Darkrai, and Shaymin are Event exclusive Gen 4 Pokemon that require Event items to get. Even though they are programmed into the game they are well known as being Event Exclusive.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
When did GF call a forme a new pokemon? Have I just been out of it?
Mewthree better not be a forme...I'm excited for an entirely new pokemon, not just some enhancement to an old one.

As I recall, they marketed the kyurem forms as new pokemon. But no. They're not new pokemon. Just forms. So yeah. It could be a new pokemon, but considering it'll also be in the new movie, my money, quite honestly, is that "mewtwo's awakening" will cause it to transform into that.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yeah, I'm sticking with the Formes guess, myself. The term "new Pokémon" is used way too loosely.

Cyclone

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
New-Mew is a Movie Tie-In. It is publicity. They are increasing interest in a character that will appear in a movie. Children will say, "I must see this movie to know who this new Pokemon is."

This puts New-Mew in the same Category as Lucario and Zoroark. They were both designed, or at least chosen, to carry the weight of a movie.

What if this is a breed-able clone of Mew?

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2015
As I recall, they marketed the kyurem forms as new pokemon. But no. They're not new pokemon. Just forms. So yeah. It could be a new pokemon, but considering it'll also be in the new movie, my money, quite honestly, is that "mewtwo's awakening" will cause it to transform into that.

That idea certainly makes a lot of sense, and when I saw the leaked poster images i thought that too. However, this new pokemon almost seems embryonic or less developed than Mewtwo. I think it would be weird for it to change form into an almost baby version of itself.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
That idea certainly makes a lot of sense, and when I saw the leaked poster images i thought that too. However, this new pokemon almost seems embryonic or less developed than Mewtwo. I think it would be weird for it to change form into an almost baby version of itself.
Maybe this is Mewtwo's true form. Remember, there's a genetics theme at work here. People won't like it, but this will change Mewtwo forever if true (not so much Mew).

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2015
Maybe this is Mewtwo's true form. Remember, there's a genetics theme at work here. People won't like it, but this will change Mewtwo forever if true (not so much Mew).

Cyclone

Yeah, and by the current title of the movie a new form makes sense. This thing looks like a freak mutation/terribly messed up attempted clone.

Judging from the movie trailer, Mewtwo seems to be able to tell when genetically modified pokemon are created or escape. Maybe we'll find out this was another Mew clone attempt some organization tried to create but Mewtwo freed it from them and took it back home.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I still think it's a new forme as this probably takes the space of one of the shapes under Mewtwo in the movie site. I wonder how the other forme may look...

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2015
I still think it's a new forme as this probably takes the space of one of the shapes under Mewtwo in the movie site. I wonder how the other forme may look...

As I said in another thread, we could be looking at that image all wrong. We know that there are 5 Genesect in the movie, with the shiny one being the leader. It could instead be a team vs team idea, and Mewtwo is the leader of his team, along with this New-Mew and some other pokemon.

Years
I still think the Genesect army is mainly to show off the different drives, or to add the drama of their being five. It'll seem odd to have Mewtwo in the title but making the focus shift to a new Pokémon related to Mewtwo...it feels like that other clone should've been in the title if it really is a new species.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
A good point is raised. There is only one Genesect. However, with the Drives, those are all Formes. That is why I think Mewtwo's is also Formes.

Cyclone

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023

It could be it's pure form. It looks less evil, that's for sure.

Years
The fact that it looks younger than Mewtwo reminds me of Buu even more...as Buu's true form looked younger than it's other stages...Mewtwo was Frieza, Kyurem was a Dragon version Cell, and this thing is a Mewtwo forme/clone version of Buu xD

I wonder where Mew fits in all of this, will it show up to stop/help it's clone(s)? Will Mew maybe be in these games too?

zapdosa

GG
Years
His shiny is the same as Mewtwo's so that basically confirms it's an alternate form.

rs535v.jpg

Back