• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Origin

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Okay, here's a more substantial update ;)

So I've been working on the Mode7 and antialiasing it today, so I think you'll all enjoy it better than yesterdays shots:

capture076.png

The reason is because it's clearer (not jpegged, yesterday I was using photobucket and it automatically made it a jpeg, sorry about that) and also because I got (better than yesterday) at tiling the M7-3D way. I also almost finished a Slot Machine (screw Nintendo of Europe) which I'll have a video of as soon as I finish the game corner map. Maybe I'll also include the new 3D script on the game corner map so you guys can see it firsthand too.

~ CP

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
So, today has been a bit slow but I managed to get some stuff done:

capture077.png

A beginning of a slot machine, thought I'd share it because it's a good percentage done and...well...I've been neglecting to update recently. I also finished a user interface for the new journal, but that's not really worth viewing because:

1) It's really just a gradiant bar showing which achievement your looking at.
2) I don't want to reveal all of the achievements yet...

Thanks for reading ;)

CP

-------------------------

EDIT: I made a new website for Origin! Currently it's really a 'minisite' but it'll grow. http://www.collosalnetwork.net/index.php is the name. I've added a new screenshot of a reworked feature on the page titled "Pokemon Origin".

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
Hey I have a question and I understand if you cant answer it but how did you get two screens? I have looked endlessly to find out how but I have yet to find an answer...and if you could pm me or something it would be GREATLY appreciated :D

auctually since I figure that that information is kind of confendentail instead I was wondering how you get more than eight badges into the game and how did you edit the trainer card's shape and color in rpg maker?

haha sorry one more final question and I dont mean to annoy you but also how did you edit the hp bars in battle to be like in platnium or instead if you dont want to explain it if you could just send me the image(s)? with the correct size I think I could figure it out and like I said in the beggining I compleatly understand if you dont want to send or tell anything

Last edited:

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Hey I have a question and I understand if you cant answer it but how did you get two screens? I have looked endlessly to find out how but I have yet to find an answer...and if you could pm me or something it would be GREATLY appreciated :D

auctually since I figure that that information is kind of confendentail instead I was wondering how you get more than eight badges into the game and how did you edit the trainer card's shape and color in rpg maker?

haha sorry one more final question and I dont mean to annoy you but also how did you edit the hp bars in battle to be like in platnium or instead if you dont want to explain it if you could just send me the image(s)? with the correct size I think I could figure it out and like I said in the beggining I compleatly understand if you dont want to send or tell anything

Well I can answer the questions for you:
1. He made the dualscreen by scripting it using the ruby language, I belive using some of the API fuctions windows has for the mouse icon to appear.
2. To have more than eight badges try and find the area that defines the badges I don't know the exact area of code but it goes on the lines of for in 0..7 simply change the 7 to the number of badges you'd want in the game for example 0..15 would make you have 16 badges of which you would need to double the badges.png picture in height and add a new row of badges in it.
3. And finally to change the battle boxes go into the graphics folder/ pictures and search through the images untill you find the single battle box. Simply edit it and replace it with the graphic you want and there you have it.

Hope that answers your questions to some degree.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
thank you very much I am new to making games in rpg maker so this did kind of help me. Also I would just like to say that your game is looking GREAT it looks better than the original pokemon games :D And to all of the people who claims that is "fake" or "impossible" just know that they are way to pathetic to admit the fact that they are jealous of the fact that they cant do what you are doing.

o and one more thing i'm not sure if your still using it or not because I haven't seen it on recent screen shots but how did you get pokemon to follow the charecter?

wow I just feel kind of like a bother but I think im just kind of blow away by this game haha so the last question I have is how do you make your charecter sprite change when running instead of just fast walking?

Last edited:

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Well I can answer the questions for you:
1. He made the dualscreen by scripting it using the ruby language, I belive using some of the API fuctions windows has for the mouse icon to appear.
2. To have more than eight badges try and find the area that defines the badges I don't know the exact area of code but it goes on the lines of for in 0..7 simply change the 7 to the number of badges you'd want in the game for example 0..15 would make you have 16 badges of which you would need to double the badges.png picture in height and add a new row of badges in it.
3. And finally to change the battle boxes go into the graphics folder/ pictures and search through the images untill you find the single battle box. Simply edit it and replace it with the graphic you want and there you have it.

Hope that answers your questions to some degree.
Woah buddy, not all of it is correct.

As I should know, since I am (along with the team) making Origin, here are the real answers:

1) carmaniac's answer was correct. Well that and I understand how Poccil's kit was built (mostly) so making two screens was easy.
2) The trainer card scene is 100% custom, not the default one.
3) Again, I modified poccil's script. It actually didn't have to do much with the images (which were easy to rip btw) but actually the scripting.

@>xblaze1234:

Also you know this isn't Pokemon Essential's thread, right? You should ask questions about the kit there, since I actually take my own skill to make the stuff shown, or at least make heavy modifications if not creations.

------
To other readers:

Well I'm almost done with something highly anticipated, as well as something "new". (The new thing is something I've listed, so it's technically new in terms of screens, but not new in terms of ideas) If all goes well I'll have quite a bit of screenshots by tomorrow, maybe one or two screens tonight.

Last edited:

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Mode7 script looks absolutely fantastic. Not sure if it was just like that for testing purposes, but I think you to increase the camera angle a little. At the moment, its a bit too low.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Mode7 script looks absolutely fantastic. Not sure if it was just like that for testing purposes, but I think you to increase the camera angle a little. At the moment, its a bit too low.
Thank you, took about a week to do. Well it's not quite NeoMode7, so there's not a camera. I tried modifying it and almost succeeded, the maps loaded and everything but it had some...erm, bugs most scripters would struggle to fix. Maybe I'll try again later. I don't think I'll be using it in Origin though, not that it's buggy but there are some graphic oddities with things like buildings I can't seem to fix. (yet)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the first screenshot of the night is here:

capture081.png

The long anticipated battle system. I showed the battle system probably months ago...but I neglected to finish it. So I got to it and made the final part of the (main) battle system. Still working on some other fun parts...

The positions of the Pokemon are a bit off =/ but the main portion I wanted to show was the bottom screen. ~ Hope you still enjoy it.
The Groudon, for anyone wanting to know, is meerly a debug testing Pokemon. The stats and moves were randomized (out of the possibilities for Groudon's movesets).

Ohh and props to Venom12 for providing the base script to get the move selection screen (bottom screen of the picture) to be like DPPtHGSS!

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Bottom screen again looks really impressive and clean. The actual battle screen though looks really quite dodgy at the moment. You're mixing resized sprites (battlers, battle boxes, background) with non-resized sprites (battle bases and message box), and it looks incredibly awkward. Something in particular needs to be done to the battle bases.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> Mr. Chewy:

In the process of fixing the top screen lol I was really just aiming for the bottom screen on the screenshot, almost done. Actually the message box is resized, dunno why but you're right, it does look like it's not resized.

EDIT: Also, as a side note, if anyone hasn't visited the dev. site then here's a picture of a recent progress:

capture082.png

An AERODACTYL uses Rocksmash on a testing rock FTW! This was actually harder to script than it looks xD

Well it's getting kinda late, but I've improved the top of the battle system:

capture083.png

The player and enemy bases are resized...and I added a little notifier in the text box telling you the bottom screen is required (like some of the messages in DPPt tell you). Next edit will be the text colors...they look a tad off to me.

Last edited:

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Woah buddy, not all of it is correct.

As I should know, since I am (along with the team) making Origin, here are the real answers:

1) carmaniac's answer was correct. Well that and I understand how Poccil's kit was built (mostly) so making two screens was easy.
2) The trainer card scene is 100% custom, not the default one.
3) Again, I modified poccil's script. It actually didn't have to do much with the images (which were easy to rip btw) but actually the scripting.

@>xblaze1234:

Also you know this isn't Pokemon Essential's thread, right? You should ask questions about the kit there, since I actually take my own skill to make the stuff shown, or at least make heavy modifications if not creations.

------
To other readers:

Well I'm almost done with something highly anticipated, as well as something "new". (The new thing is something I've listed, so it's technically new in terms of screens, but not new in terms of ideas) If all goes well I'll have quite a bit of screenshots by tomorrow, maybe one or two screens tonight.

Well I was kinda close though you've got it done differently to me :P. Right now I've been supporting your game for quite some time and I am really loving the updates you do, it really does inspire me.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> carmaniac:

No worries dude :laugh: I just wanted the answers to be accurate to the questions about the coding.

---->

@> Everyone else: (lol, yeah, I mean all readers)

As I've been working with the battle system, I forgot to show an updated version of the screen before the move selections, and I updated the VS sequence to be more original!

capture084.png
capture085.png

Btw the VS shot, for those who want to know, was just a test. When you verse Roark it'll be in the Oreburgh Gym, not in Twinleaf Town lol

EDIT: Almost forgot, spaceemotion deserves credit because he ripped the graphics for the bottom screen on the VS screenshot, although I edited them a lot, I don't want to forget him. Ohh and for the skeptical people, the Pokemon Icon on the bottom screen for the battle screen is animated, and so is the "use bottom screen" notifier in the text box.

Last edited:

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Update:

Uhh it's 12:10 AM where I live, working on something new. Here's a preview:

capture087.png

For now it's like 90% complete. I still have to add veryyy minor things to touch it up and some music, but the Pokemon processor has been 100% completed. (The sprite turns white, and shrinks and grows like in the DPPtHGSS evolution sequence) Doing the actual sequence was a lot harder than it sounded to me but after about an hour, I've completed it. I'll get a video of it tomorrow for sure to prove my statements as I haven't seen anyone else do it yet.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> MrChewy:

I dunno either because with every Pkmn fangame having that same evolutionary sequence I wanted mine to be separate from other fangames. Sure, Nintendo has the evolution sequence, but are there more fangames? Or are there more official games? Maybe poccil's is better but when it's used fangame after fangame after fangame it kinda wears out. Of course anyone could say that about Nintendo's sequence, but blue and red flashes wouldn't be a good combination in this case lol (From the background and recolored Pkmn combined)

New video! (Sorry for the quality, youtube is finishing up processing it as it was just uploaded) :

Nothing really new, but it shows the brand new animations for using an attack in a field and the evolution scene. Thought those two would be nice since they're animated xD

Last edited:

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Aright,

Been working on something big and I thought I'd show a little love to the community by showing it's freaking awesomeness:

Yes you see it, now believe it! Bwang...a 3D map editor. I'm stilling adding some final touches to the Pokemon Essentials version (So I can use the 3D maps in Pkmn Origin) but it's not quite ready for your viewing, although I know it will work for sure. Also, for those of you saying it'll be VERY laggy, your DEAD WRONG. (Unless you have an extremely crappy PC, although most of us have good PC's) Maps run at the same speed of Pokemon Essentials (Around 40 FPS) so just think of Pokemon Essentials and you'll know how fast it runs xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
For now it's like 90% complete. I still have to add veryyy minor things to touch it up and some music, but the Pokemon processor has been 100% completed. (The sprite turns white, and shrinks and grows like in the DPPtHGSS evolution sequence) Doing the actual sequence was a lot harder than it sounded to me but after about an hour, I've completed it. I'll get a video of it tomorrow for sure to prove my statements as I haven't seen anyone else do it yet.
I didn't see any shrinking and growing in the video :\
Aright,

Been working on something big and I thought I'd show a little love to the community by showing it's freaking awesomeness:

Yes you see it, now believe it! Bwang...a 3D map editor. I'm stilling adding some final touches to the Pokemon Essentials version (So I can use the 3D maps in Pkmn Origin) but it's not quite ready for your viewing, although I know it will work for sure. Also, for those of you saying it'll be VERY laggy, your DEAD WRONG. (Unless you have an extremely crappy PC, although most of us have good PC's) Maps run at the same speed of Pokemon Essentials (Around 40 FPS) so just think of Pokemon Essentials and you'll know how fast it runs xD
I don't think you made this. I saw something very, very similar around a year ago.

Anyway, now for something constructive. I'm sure I'm not the only person who hates the stretched graphics. Can't you just use the DS resolution and avoid having to stretch all your backgrounds?

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@Wichu:

Sorry, quality's terrible because of HyperCam :(

Yes, I added that to the video description but the creator (King Kadelfek) quit working on it and the link was completely shattered (No one could download it) so I decided to drop him a PM and lo' and behold he made a link for the download so I could receive it, I checked the time of the upload and it was literally when I asked him for it. Plus he's missing some key features (like events) that I am adding and some other things like rotation controllable via mouse.

As for the stretching thing, I could (and I actually should) but is it really all that necessary?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Yes, the stretched graphics do look pretty bad (probably the main thing I dislike about the game). It would be better to do it sooner than later, or you're going to have more graphics and scripts to fix.

Back