• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 23, 2020
I seriously hope the creator comes back. Maybe not to continue this hack, but start another or something. This is arguably one of the best hacks out there to date, and tbh there hasn't really been any good releases recently. The world needs a really good new hack!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 6, 2017
so this game doesn't come by itself? i've been searching all over to find a way to download it and everyones doing these weird methods with fire red. i don't wish to download another fire red to play this, and i don't see why i should when Infinite fusion was able to play without a vba.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
so this game doesn't come by itself? i've been searching all over to find a way to download it and everyones doing these weird methods with fire red. i don't wish to download another fire red to play this, and i don't see why i should when Infinite fusion was able to play without a vba.
Games like FireRed are meant to be played on the GBA console, so if you want to play them on your computer, you have to use an emulator such as vba to emulate the gba. Therefore, any rom hacks of FireRed must be played the same way.
Infinite Fusion isn't a rom hack. It was specifically designed to be played on PC.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 6, 2017
Games like FireRed are meant to be played on the GBA console, so if you want to play them on your computer, you have to use an emulator such as vba to emulate the gba. Therefore, any rom hacks of FireRed must be played the same way.
Infinite Fusion isn't a rom hack. It was specifically designed to be played on PC.

think you misunderstood what i meant, but it's fine now. someone sent me a link via message. what i was talking about was a rom for ashgray. infinite fusion is it's own rom as well. when i was searching for ashgray, it was only talking about patching fire red to make ashgray, and you can't do that without changing fire red. i didn't want to use my only copy of fire red for a fan-game. especially since coolroms took down their pokemon roms.

Kartana

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 25, 2017
think you misunderstood what i meant, but it's fine now. someone sent me a link via message. what i was talking about was a rom for ashgray. infinite fusion is it's own rom as well. when i was searching for ashgray, it was only talking about patching fire red to make ashgray, and you can't do that without changing fire red. i didn't want to use my only copy of fire red for a fan-game. especially since coolroms took down their pokemon roms.

Bruh make back up roms if you dont want to waste your rom copy.

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2018
Lol then make of copy of file . And u can still use emuparadise for roms. Or download patched GBA game is on net also.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 6, 2017
Bruh make back up roms if you dont want to waste your rom copy.

thing is, like i already said, i downloaded the rom directly. so i don't need to back up an existing rom. copying files isn't always the right way. it can lead to file corruption, and i'd rather play it safe like this.

all these are original copies:

482d802d95.jpg

sorry if I sound selfish but it's just how I do things.

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2018
thing is, like i already said, i downloaded the rom directly. so i don't need to back up an existing rom. copying files isn't always the right way. it can lead to file corruption, and i'd rather play it safe like this.

all these are original copies:

482d802d95.jpg

sorry if I sound selfish but it's just how I do things.

hahaha - what copy of max 15MB of rom make a problem and coruupt file - what . Man when u copy mucg GB and if u wrong copy u can always check 1:1 file size .

But never have problem on HDD copy file or USB most Burning DVD or CD need always check becouse wrong burn sometimes.

If u have problem witch simple Copy of backup 1 file dont tray patching IPS or more sorry

And u have Ashgary but patching patched game will couse problem - always patch IPS new to orginal FireRed - always new ips on clean version

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
So, The rival's face turns red when you try to name him, huh? That must mean he is mad at what you named him (eg: Dork)
Hahahaha.... I'm sorry, but not.

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2018
Its bug from old beta - i also that knowed. But if u play like normal in anima u no rename it

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 6, 2017
hahaha - what copy of max 15MB of rom make a problem and coruupt file - what . Man when u copy mucg GB and if u wrong copy u can always check 1:1 file size .

But never have problem on HDD copy file or USB most Burning DVD or CD need always check becouse wrong burn sometimes.

If u have problem witch simple Copy of backup 1 file dont tray patching IPS or more sorry

And u have Ashgary but patching patched game will couse problem - always patch IPS new to orginal FireRed - always new ips on clean version

ips patch doesn't work, butch. all that stuff is outdated anyhow. im afraid you'll have to accept my answer on this, since i don't really care about all that hackjob stuff. and besides, metapod pretty much abandoned this game. do you think i'd be worried about patching now? and as for corrupted files, even moving a file away from it's original destination can cause the vba to be unable to read the game. i've had it happen many times, that's why all my games are kept in a large folder on the desktop. they won't work anywhere else.
don't really know why you insist i should still ips patch when i already beat the game (in a sense, considering you can't finish orange islands and you're stuck on those islands for eternity). but anyhow, in the off chance that metapod does consider coming back, i'm sure you'll be the first to contact me.
it's too bad though, i really loved this game despite it's minor flaws and stuff.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Man, this hack has not been updated in a long time. I wonder if it is still being worked on, does anybody know metapod from outside the pokecommnunity? This hack seems really good for its time.

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2018
No i think no any know . Also who nows work or not - last time was think dead and after some years was next update.

I think my now its 100% dead but nice add to email notification of update post and check some times maybe some day /year will by next update

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Wow! I can't believe it. Right outside Celadon City I ran into a shiny Spearow. And I didn't cheat to run into it at all. This is rare for me. Only time I ever found a shiny before was in Pokemon X for 3DS when I found a shiny Oddish. Other than those two times I've never ran into shinnies at all:

149557821897125_by_ladysesshy-dba62nj.gif

Back