• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

TY

Don't even get me started on backlogs... theres a good 100 games I have not finished yet :(

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Ok. My BFG just got fired up since..

After for what i felt was an eternity of Early Access.. Killing Floor 2 is officially out.

PC obviously but.... And surprisingly, for better or for worse, Console Pheasants can have the delicious taste of the Tripwire cake since its also out for PS4. Not entirely sure for XBone. Since KF2 is deeply rooted for PC, I don't expect split screen to be something for the console versions of this game.

The year long early access was great. I definitely had so much fun playing KF2 when i spent a couple of hours playing the original game, then some controversial business practices suddenly came up, and of course me having doubts that KF2 will never leave Early Access for a 2017 release.

However, given this launch trailer which has a MUCH DIFFERENT piece of music than the original KF2 teaser trailer that was rockin its murdercock out with some Demon Hunter, why the F**k would you use some cheesy PG13 crap music for this teaser. Why whoever the hell is publishing KF2. I bet that some publisher command was issues to use such music.

Years
Just a heads up, things might seem a little slow our end but we've got things cooking up I promise! More stuff to come shortly, Create-A-Hero meanwhile is extended until Sunday 20th November as I'm aware SuMo might have impacted entries a little...
Well, I for one am looking forward to what everyone else has in store for us. I had half a mind to leave a country out of the mix but slammed it out with four little sound tags to go along with them!

What does JDJacket mean? Boom. 'Content'

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
Why hello there you boosted betas. How's it goin?

Also, i got my copy of Moon like a real f**king Alpha male should. I had to fight over a big line and one wuss tried to ninja the last copy of Moon in the store but i already grabbed the thing first, and when he tried getting it, i simply stared at him and told him to f**k off.

Also, regarding Killing Floor 2's release. Obviously its no Triple A title like the rest of this latter half of 2016's big releases but it does feel nice to finally have a game that a couple of the KF faithful such as myself needed for some time. I honestly thought that KF2 would never leave early access but miraculously it did.

Last edited:

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
Years
hot damn Overwatch is good from what I've seen from the free weekend, shame it's like $70-80 AUD and I have no job tho :^(

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
Years
PPC the only boosted on here is you, pipe down.

It issssss! Just to make sure was that the price of Overwatch Origins Edition? I made a similar mistake of thinking it was around £50 and realised it's only £30 or so, which I feel is a more appropriate price.
Nah, Origins is on sale right now. Might try and convince my dad to get it so I don't feel left out, it's what all my friends only really play nowadays.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Can you just imagine if Overwatch had a "Team Deathmatch" kind of mode as one of its special "fun" modes where the main objective is to just score the most eliminations/kills before the timer runs out? That would be hilarious. Then again, Blizzo wouldn't think of adding such a mode even if its just a fun mode since too many scrubs may just play that instead of the core game. lul.

TDM Overwatch? lul.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
PPC the only boosted on here is you, pipe down.

Do me a favor and KYS bronze beta.

Might try and convince my dad to get it so I don't feel left out, it's what all my friends only really play nowadays.

Get your arse into Overwatch since this patch is the best patch the game has gotten for the past few months in its current year cycle. Quick play now being closer to competitive where there's now a single character limit is nice for those who want to treat it as a way to practice competitive. Not to mention that Ultimate charge generation and costs have been nerfed across all heroes was a great decision in Blizzo's part.

Soldier 76 is quite meta now though so expect people to be fighting over the character during said games. I know I've been getting a ton of flame from others who want to play Solder but they obviously are bad, and they need to walk over a bridge and cross it safely.

Years
Can you just imagine if Overwatch had a "Team Deathmatch" kind of mode as one of its special "fun" modes where the main objective is to just score the most eliminations/kills before the timer runs out? That would be hilarious. Then again, Blizzo wouldn't think of adding such a mode even if its just a fun mode since too many scrubs may just play that instead of the core game. lul.

TDM Overwatch? lul.
Wait. What? You mean to tell me that in a multiplayer shooter. A game where you run around and shoot things doesn't have a mode specifically for Team Death Match? Are you kidding me? This is like Brink all over again.

I decided not to buy Overwatch and instead bought Doom (both dropped same month), and I am fully happy with my purchase. There isn't a shortage of things to do in the game, and the new narrative that was created fits perfectly. Coupling Hell and Metal together? A match made in damnation.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
With the way the game has been made and the way its heroes works, TDM would not be very good at all. It would be a complete mess, in fact.

That said, it still does a very good job as a multiplayer shooter.

I believe that would be due to it being more a MOBA with guns than a shooter with MOBA influence from what I've seen. Then again any game with MOBA in the description tends to turn me away.

Just give me a gosh darn Barrett M107 and a good vantage point and I'll show blizzard what actual team Overwatch is.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Wait. What? You mean to tell me that in a multiplayer shooter. A game where you run around and shoot things doesn't have a mode specifically for Team Death Match? Are you kidding me? This is like Brink all over again.

I decided not to buy Overwatch and instead bought Doom (both dropped same month), and I am fully happy with my purchase. There isn't a shortage of things to do in the game, and the new narrative that was created fits perfectly. Coupling Hell and Metal together? A match made in damnation.

And because i recently took my medications, logic came back to save me.

The game (Overwatch) wasn't designed for Team Deathmatch anyway. It would be hell for those who main supportive roles, and also, TDM in a shooter where players can pick heroes of different stats and predefined weaponry would also be hellish on the balance.

TDM in overwatch LUL. again, if it was offered as a special game mode and with only a certain hero pool only (All of the Offense heroes), then a "TDM" mode wouldn't be as bad.

Also, by buying a game made by REAL MEN instead..

You have become a man. Also, since the game's launch, there have been several FREE updates to the game that improved the experience, in particular the Snapmap system and an "Arcade" mode. Its been months since May 12, 2016, but IDSoftware has given so much post-launch support for Doom 2016.

Years
And because i recently took my medications, logic came back to save me.

The game (Overwatch) wasn't designed for Team Deathmatch anyway. It would be hell for those who main supportive roles, and also, TDM in a shooter where players can pick heroes of different stats and predefined weaponry would also be hellish on the balance.

TDM in overwatch LUL. again, if it was offered as a special game mode and with only a certain hero pool only (All of the Offense heroes), then a "TDM" mode wouldn't be as bad.
But wait . . . doesn't both opposing teams have the same characters? And you still shoot each other, yeah? As a team based shooter, squad members should still stick together for a higher probability of surviving enemy encounters. So without any distinct objectives, do you think the game still wouldn't work with a TDM mode?

It still seems weird. You'd think that with the same characters and the same weapons that you'd be able to actually craft a distinct mode that happens as a side effect of objective based game play. I don't know, it seems like if they wanted to make it work, they could have made it work.

Arsenic

Years
It's an odd one. Yes it has MOBA elements in it, but then I think of the majority of those as just alternate fires which you find in most shooters and that's why I've stuck with it to be honest.

So I'm going to potentially cook up a little thread regarding events in December - whilst I'm doing that, what sort of things are you guys potentially wanting/looking for regarding this?

I've already told you my ideas on that I suppose.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
But wait . . . doesn't both opposing teams have the same characters? And you still shoot each other, yeah? As a team based shooter, squad members should still stick together for a higher probability of surviving enemy encounters. So without any distinct objectives, do you think the game still wouldn't work with a TDM mode?

It still seems weird. You'd think that with the same characters and the same weapons that you'd be able to actually craft a distinct mode that happens as a side effect of objective based game play. I don't know, it seems like if they wanted to make it work, they could have made it work.

There could definitely be a way that TDM could be implemented; similar to game modes like the Halloween mode that just passed recently, characters could be restricted to TDM specifically, which would solve the support class issue.

Is it possible for Blizzard to implement a TDM mode? Yeah I definitely think so, and honestly, I wouldn't it rule it out just yet. However, one should note what they've implemented since the games launch:
  • Complete new game mode in Competitive Play - Season 1
  • New hero in Ana
  • Rio Olympics update, which included new character specific aesthetics through Loot boxes for essentially every character, as well as a limited time only event in Lucio Ball.
  • New map in Eichenwalde
  • Continuation of Competitive Play throughout Season 2, which included many new patches and revisions to the format.
  • Halloweek update, which included new character specific aesthetics through Loot boxes for essentially every character, as well as a limited time only event in Junkenstein's Revenge.
  • New hero in Sombra
  • New map in Antarctica
  • New competitive Overwatch league that will hit professional gaming arenas soon.
  • New 3v3 and 1v1 game modes for competitive matches.
And this doesn't even include the continuous patches that are given to heroes to create as much stability as possible. So I mean, Overwatch has had incredible support since launch and has added a lot of new content to the game. Personally, I think a new Quick Play game mode will be one of the things that should be added next, bus it's probably on the back burner with a Christmas update as the most plausible thing to happen .

Years
Well, they definitely have the chance and opportunity to evolve and change the game in the future, that much is certain.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Okay, while you guys were having fun, i just completed one of the most challenging things one can do in playing Doom wads/mods (Classic Doom wads to not confuse readers)

V1VHaVd.jpg

Project Brutality on its hardest difficulty setting (Last Man on Earth = All enemies are Faster, have more health, are more aggressive, deal more damage) and Death Wish mode (All enemies faced are the most powerful enemy variants). So imagine the most powerful enemy variants + Difficulty based stat padding. Combining two hellish difficulties in one mode. Quite the experience.

I'd love to explain how Project Brutality works in great detail BUT i'll do that in another time.

Anyway, I didn't think i could do it, but i did. I had some unfortunate deaths though but that's the classic Doom experience of trial and error. Quicksaves bois. Challenging and fun. that's what we need.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
NCR Master Race. Praise the Bear!

Spoiler:

Okay so I've officially completed Fallout New Vegas though i didn't do a 100% clear. I might just load at the very save file before the final moments in the game so i can play the add ons, get the level cap increases and clear out any more hostile areas to further impact the ending that i get should i actually replay this section.

It was fun mowing down endless hordes of Legionnaires with my CZ-57 Avenger and my Light Machine Gun. Also, I got KS'd by Boone when Legate slapped me with his sword for a measly 10 damage after drinking every chem and eating every bit of food within my inventory (Psycho, Buffout, Slasher, Big Horner Steak). Have i landed the killing blow on Legate, he would have been blown into mincemeat.

Arsenic

Years
Gearbox is teasing an announcement for something Duke Nukem this December 1st! I hope it's a game and they take more time on it this time!

Back