Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

View Poll Results: If I made a spin-off version with a different 1-evo pokemon starter, which would you want most?
Meowth (I strongly lean this way because Team Rocket had following Meowth/ kitty is cute.) 60 25.53%
Magikarp (might be hard to draw emotions... I mean, it's a fish) 27 11.49%
Vulpix 48 20.43%
Eevee - with one Happiness evo only, alas; other evos in wild. Rival has other Eevee evo or Pikachu. 90 38.30%
Other (Light, black, or Pikachu-similar palettes preferred so I don't have to mess with it >_>) 10 4.26%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 9th, 2018 (4:10 AM).

Uh... in the first fight, Pikachu makes glitch noises.
    Old June 10th, 2018 (3:21 PM).

I picked Girl and I get a girl trainer sprite with a boy overworld sprite.
      Old June 10th, 2018 (3:52 PM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Heaven Piercing Man View Post
        I picked Girl and I get a girl trainer sprite with a boy overworld sprite.
        Me too. :/
        Old June 30th, 2018 (11:57 AM). Edited June 30th, 2018 by Mug1tchuk0ud.

Nature: Lax
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Takeshi55 View Post
          Me too. :/
          I am also having this problem
          Old July 14th, 2018 (7:32 AM).
          Limited Capacity

Nature: Naive
            This is a promising hack. Plays pretty good on a Nintendo 3DS as well.

Pokémon Theta Emerald EX: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=386240
            Old July 14th, 2018 (6:55 PM). Edited July 14th, 2018 by longlostsoldier.

Nature: Quiet
              Oh, wow, I didn't know people had put mods on 3ds's virtual console (though I had been thinking of looking that up). Did you just pop the SD card into a usb stick and drop the EvoYellow mod down on it or something?

edit: ah, I see, you have to hack your console, just like the old way of playing before all those vc games came out.

----

Now, as anyone who looks at the new Github page knows, there is now an Eevee version, which is perfectly playable, and has eevee images for everything except pikachu thunderbolting (Because eevee doesn't learn thunderbolt!) but not very tested. I know some of the emotion sprite animations don't quite match up and look glitchy; if anyone with a good eyeball can tell me exactly which images (they all have really terrible labels like e5gfoogleboo, well, okay, not quite like that, but close enough) / would care to test it out, it would be appreciated. Once I have a less buggy version I will post the ips on here as well. Anyone who is curious about implementing followme changes will probably enjoy looking at the Eevee commits as they touch up on what you need to change the starter, except for maybe the all pokemon follow func which I don't think I touched as I already had eevee following. I randomly choose Sylveon as Eevee's happiness evo, but there are only eevee happy sprites at the moment.

One thing I'm contemplating doing is trying to implement some kind of mock mega-evolution system where eevee can spontaneously evolve during battle into an evolution, and use hidden power for its same type attack or something like that, or simply let eevee learn some type tms as, frankly, most normal types can learn a few type moves and eevee is a bland exception. This would make it like the Pokemon manga (my memories of it are fairly foggy, but I think there was a eevee that knew thunderbolt, bubblebeam, flamethrower I think, and could turn into flareon, espeon, or umbreon.) I'm risking running of room for stuff as pikachu images already take up a whole bank, but it might be nice to add actual mega-evolutions too at some point if it isn't too much of a pain.

I am also still working on the Meowth sprites / Meowth version, but ironically they take a little more time than the eevee as eevee's face is surprisingly similar to pikachu (it's the ears.) Anyone who wants to contribute pokemon images to the github page or something would be loved. :P Or anything at all, even. I haven't really used github before, and it was frustrating at first (kept erroring on the very first commit) but now it's setup it's working wonderfully.
              I also made some efforts toward making a normal version with none of the weird type changes that some folks hate, but still need to fix the level up movesets before that is finished.
              Evo-Yellow: 151 Evolve Raichu Hack, uses the Yellow Disassembly. Play as girl, ride a pokemon, special/physical, dark/fairy/steel types, new pokemon, gen 2 sprites, evolve Pikachu into Raichu and have them still follow you with new Raichu emotion sprites!
              Yellow Hack Tutorial
              Fire Yellow - A FireRed Hack & Yellow Remake with Following Pikachu
              Old July 14th, 2018 (10:20 PM). Edited July 15th, 2018 by Aurane.
              💀

Nature: Relaxed
                I'm a simple man. I see Riolu in a GBC hack, I like. Where do you find it by the way? I've only encountered it via trainers.

EDIT: Okay so I found it. You have to trade Tangela for it near Fuchsia City. Kind of hoped I could have one under my OT so I can nickname it myself, but so be it. Who made the sprites for Riolu and Lucario?
                -Lucario-Empoleon-Skarmory-
                -Excadrill-Magnezone-Bronzong-
                Old July 16th, 2018 (6:33 PM). Edited July 18th, 2018 by longlostsoldier.

Nature: Quiet
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Aurane View Post
                  I'm a simple man. I see Riolu in a GBC hack, I like. Where do you find it by the way? I've only encountered it via trainers.

EDIT: Okay so I found it. You have to trade Tangela for it near Fuchsia City. Kind of hoped I could have one under my OT so I can nickname it myself, but so be it. Who made the sprites for Riolu and Lucario?
                  I apologize. I was running into limits on how many wild pokemon there can be: at some point soon I'll reshuffle so some evolutions that never appear in the wild will switch places with Riolu and others so those ones can be caught via wild instead of only by trade. If I tried to put Riolu straight into the wild now, the game would send out a trainer instead.

Part of them were made by someone else, I have the credit somewhere but honestly forgot about it. >_< I swear I had notes about it somewhere but I seem to have misplaced it. x_x Part of them were actually made by me, because if I remember right, they didn't have backsprites / one or both of them wasn't four colors and couldn't actually be used in-game without editing. I do remember finding them on a 'devamp for gb use thread' so I know they were intended to be used for hacks.

edit: Found the credit! I wrote down 'Lucario GS by chibapika', and I also wrote GS by Riolu so it may be by the same person.

----

Eevee version is coming along good, and seems to be basically playable now without any weird eevee sprite abominations popping up, although the new titlescreen I added is very slightly glitchy so I might revert it, which would be a shame as pikachu titlescreen seems just wrong for an eevee version. :P

I just need to decide what eevee should evolve into, or maybe just make multiple versions of eevee evolving into different things, orrrr wait until I see if I can get some weird mega-evolve eevee into all its evos version to work. Right now eevee sprite stays eevee even on evolving and the ips in the github is for Sylveon evo.
                  Evo-Yellow: 151 Evolve Raichu Hack, uses the Yellow Disassembly. Play as girl, ride a pokemon, special/physical, dark/fairy/steel types, new pokemon, gen 2 sprites, evolve Pikachu into Raichu and have them still follow you with new Raichu emotion sprites!
                  Yellow Hack Tutorial
                  Fire Yellow - A FireRed Hack & Yellow Remake with Following Pikachu
                  Old August 31st, 2018 (4:50 PM).

can anyone explain to me how amnesia works on this game? my poliwag knows it and it doesnt seem to be buffing anything when I use it. not sure what it does now. whats the physical special split thing mentioned in the original post? didnt know if that had anything to do with it cuz amnesia is just for special, not physical.
                    Old September 29th, 2018 (2:15 PM). Edited September 29th, 2018 by SteppoloN.

Luv every single bit of your hack, mad props for the astonishing job. I got a question tho, how hard will it be for you to make a gate and key sidequest in order to get Mew?
                      Old November 7th, 2018 (12:22 AM).

Great game.

I feel like the happiness is erratic. My Pikachu evolved into Raichu on its own without the stone, presumably because it was happy enough. And it was, it was jumping etc when I talked to it. But now Raichu is turning away from me when I talk to it. Which is a problem because it needs to be happy so I can get Bulbasaur! Advice?
                        Old 3 Weeks Ago (12:00 PM).

Nature: Gentle
                          I finally got this game to work which is nice
                          Catalyst/Black Cinder/Scarlet Blaze/Crimson Skies/Axis/Cyan/Winds of Shadow
                          Sky Twilight/Unbound/DiamondAndPearl Advance/Lilac/Gaia DS

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
                          Old 3 Weeks Ago (3:07 PM).

Why doesn't Sandshrew learn Ice Punch? Regular Alolan Sandshrew does. The strongest move it learns is Ice Fang at level 43...

Quick Reply