• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brutal Red - Gen 1 For Masochists

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
POKEMON BRUTAL RED

What is this?

Pokemon Brutal Red is a ROMhack of the original Red made to be very difficult.

What has been changed?

Well, most maps and trainers have been modified to be challengening. The wild pokemon encounter rates have been altered too. Prepare to find a lots of Pokemon every 5 steps even in the very first routes!

Can all the pokemon be caught?

Currently, no.

(Screenshots)
Spoiler:

(List Of Tools Used & Discord Playtesters)

Spoiler:

The version below is a demo, everything until Cerulean Gym has been changed.

Attachments

• PKMN Brutal Red.ips
    4.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
I'm not sure increasing encounter rate is 'difficult' rather than more annoying when you can't walk two steps without interruption: repels do exist in game, after all, unless you removed them all.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
I'm not sure increasing encounter rate is 'difficult' rather than more annoying when you can't walk two steps without interruption: repels do exist in game, after all, unless you removed them all.

The encounter rate actually hasn´t been increased that much, Either way it´s not that much of an annoyance TBH. Except for Viridian Forest.

Also no, I´m not gonna remove all Repels from the game, but there will be only like half.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Nov 24, 2018
I like the detail of you actually putting mankey in so you can grind 'till level 8 and defeat pidgeys.

Back