• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(RTM) Doubles Random Match up/Battle competition

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
(RMT) Doubles Random Match up/Battle competition

Rate Rate Rate...

Mienshao; Quirky; Regenerater; Eject button
4Hp/252Atk/252Spd
Fake out
Hi-Jump Kick
Wide Guard
U-turn

First is the main focus of this team. Mienshao is a Fake out scout who ensures that only one of the of the opponent can Attack during the first turn, or at least, its first appearance in battle. This seems basic enough, Fake out is already self explanatory even without the above descriptions. Eject button is to allow Mienshao to switch out without a turn wasted and safe mid-battle switching.

Motres; Hasty; Pressure; Wacan Berry
4Hp/252SpA/252Spd
Tailwind
Heatwave
Solarbeam
Ancient Power

Moltres' role seems clear. Tailwind is to help give the upper hand against faster foes. Most foes usually faster than Moltres who its weak against are electric types, so Wacan berry is there to make sure Moltres can at least set up the Tailwind.

Ninetales; Modest; Drought; Flame plate
252SpA/4SpD/252Spd
Heatwave
Nasty plot
Energy ball
Hp(Rock pwr68)

This was originally a doubles sun team. The drought setup is completely optional, however it is still helpful in battle, especially to remove opposing Weathers and help power up own Heatwaves. SpA is the main focus here since Spd wont be an issue after Tailwind. Nasty Plot is to set up in response to Fake Out.

Haxorus; Jolly; Mold Breaker; Haban Berry
4Hp/252Atk/252Spd
Taunt
Dragon Dance
Dual Chop
Brick Break

Haxorus is my taunter to remove trick room set ups. One thing I haave observed in the recent Battle competition, and occasionally the Random Match Up, is that Trick room is common. Haxorus was added in response to that. Aside from its taunt, Dragon dance is used, again, in combination with Fake out. Dual chop is to check on sashers. Brick Break are for screeners.

Garchomp; Adamant; Sand Veil; Yache Berry
4Hp/252Atk/252Spd
Earthquake
Hone Claws
Rock slide
Dragon Rush

Was originally a counter to sand teams for the supposed sun team before revised. Garchomp is one of my main sweepers. Usually paired with my Mienshao. Mienshao is faster than Garchomp, allowing him to escape and switch with Hydreigon if Earthquake will be used, or if not, can at least use Wide Guard to escape damage.

Hydreigon; Hasty; Levitate; White Herb
4Hp/252SpA/252Spd
Draco Meteor
Heatwave
Dark Pulse
Earth Power

Hydreifon is my second main sweeper, and is evident. Draco Meteor is only used with caution as an attack on a wall or bulk is inefficient and a waaste of herbs. Heatwave is mostly used, if not, Dark Pulse.

Alright please leave your comments about this team and give some recommendations if needed.

Also, please do not recommend specific HP typings for weakness counters. I don't know how to RNG abuse and won't ever use cheating or psuedo-cheat methods. My Ninetales was carefully bred with , N's Zoroark and the resulting HP was coincidental, in simple terms, unexpected.

I'm well aware of some of my Team's natures, (especially my Mienshao, who I was originally supposed to have Adamant to complement its first strike Fake out), only I am just too lazy to find a suited nature replacement, just to let you know.

Any other recommendations are welcome though.

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Your entire team is weak to rain and hail teams. Both Politoed and Abomasnow are slower than Ninetales and so their weather will be dominant if you're gonna start off with Ninetales. It doesn't matter so much if you're switching Ninetales in but watch out for double Surf, it will still decimate it. If you're not worried about Hail, be worried, because you are super ice weak. And dragon, now that I think about it.

Mienshao - You already know about its nature so I won't go into it. Just replace it whenever you get some free time. Exchange Hi Jump Kick for something Drain Punch or Low Kick, the accuracy will hurt more than help you. I see what you're trying to do with Regenerator but its defenses are already terrible and it likely won't survive a good hit. Switch with Inner Focus. Change its item for Focus Sash or a Bug/Fighting Gem.

If you want something that does what Mienshao does more effectively, Hitmontop makes a good supporter for your team. It's more bulkier, it also has access to Fake Out and Wide Guard, and Intimidate is always nice.

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry/Fighting gem
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP|252 Att|4 somethingelse
~ Fake Out
~ Close Combat / Mach Punch
~ Sucker Punch
~ Wide Guard / Detect
Standard doubles Hitmontop, yes. I had great success with this thing on my team, it's super nice especially since spread moves are pretty rampant. This'll help with those rampant rain teams.

Ninetales - I don't think Ninetales will be able to survive getting a Nasty Plot off without a Focus Sash. Switch out the Flame Plate for it. You can also switch Nasty Plot for Protect. That'll help against any Surfs, Rock Slides and Earthquakes that might come your way.

Moltres - I've never seen a Moltres used effectively in doubles, tbh. Its stats/typing tells me that it'll die pretty quickly. You can try exchanging it for Suicune. Suicune's bulk is enough so that it will get Tailwind off and be able to dish a few attacks before it dies. If you can't get a Suicune, you can try using a Whimsicott. Whimsy's Prankster will allow it to get Tailwind off, guaranteed, but it'll die very easily.

Suicune @ Wacan Berry / Life Orb / Sitrus Berry / Leftovers
Nature: Modest / Bold / Calm
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
~ Tailwind
~ Scald / Hydro Pump
~ Ice Beam
~ Protect / Calm Mind

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Nature: Timid
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~ Tailwind
~ Encore / Taunt
~ Giga Drain / Helping Hand
~ Protect / Helping Hand

I'll get to the dragons later if no one does, I'm too pooped right now.

Back