• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: The Zeta Emergence (OOC Thread)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
SIGN-UPS ARE OPEN | IC THREAD HERE

→ Introduction

Hey guys, my name is Jake♫. I came up with this RP idea a few years back, and actually created it in 2010, but due to real life restraints I had to end it early. I've always had this idea in the back of my mind, and now that I have more free time due to a light class load, I felt like it would be the best time to bring this back to life. For the most part I have the entire plot figured out either in my mind or written down somewhere, but it's definitely far from perfect (but what writing piece is perfect anyways?). Hopefully you'll embark on this idea of mine and enjoy it!

→ Plot

Fifty years. Fifty years have passed since the stories of many heroes have taken place. Red and Gold have aged, leaving battling behind in favor of research, following in the footsteps of Professor Oak and Professor Elm, respectively. The professors of old have passed away, being replaced by trainers of legend. Some Gym Leaders remain in their positions, while others have handed the reins to the apprentices of their choosing.

Fifty years. Fifty years since the stories of the heroic Gold ventured through the Johto Region and vanquished Team Rocket once and for all. For fifty years the Johto Region has been free from villainy from any evil team. Team Rocket disbanded, keeping both Kanto and Johto safe. Team Galactic was defeated in the Sinnoh Region by a trainer named Diamond. Both Team Aqua and Team Magma faced the same fate at the hands of Ruby. Black, another young trainer, saved Unova from the hands of Team Plasma. For the first time, there had been a time of peace between all the regions, and everyone felt like that peace would stay.

Or would it?

Fifty years. Fifty years have passed, and a new evil team, Team Zeta, have emerged to the Johto Region. Their objective: To capture Lugia and Ho-Oh, who have both been in their resting places, as nothing has disturbed the peace. With access to the sky and sea, control of the Johto Region, and eventually the entire Pokémon world, is surely theirs. There is no limit to what Team Zeta will do to achieve their goal, whether it is stealing Pokémon or using their own to attack humans to further their plans. According to them, ruling the world isn't just a scheme, it's a necessity.

→ Your Role

Professor Gold has been recruiting new trainers to begin their journeys in the Johto Region. He remembers his journeys fondly, and wants to give other young hopefuls the same chance to explore the Pokémon that was presented to him. Each new trainer has been invited to New Bark Town to receive a Pokémon from him to start their journeys.

However, Gold is well aware of the appearance and the disruption that Team Zeta has started to cause. The thought of Team Rocket appearing at the Slowpoke Well, and then throughout the rest of his journey throughout the region, is constantly floating through his mind. He took down Team Rocket without intending to when he started his journey, but what would happen if the new trainers venturing out had this as part of their goal? As a group, they could be even more effective than he and his counterparts throughout the other regions did individually.

You have signed up to take part in a traditional Pokémon journey, but not without a catch. Defeating Gym Leaders will go hand-in-hand at gaining more allies for fighting against the large numbers that Team Zeta already possesses. Are you willing to step up to the plate?

→ Rules

→ As expected, follow all of Pokécommunity and Roleplay Corner's rules.
→This RP is rated T. As such, romance and some light swearing is okay, violence without any gore is acceptable.
→ This RP will take place in chapters. If you don't like that, don't sign up.
→ There are currently 2 slots available. Including myself, I'm only looking for 9 participants. Even though there are more starters than players, once it hits 9, sign-ups are closed.
→ No bunnying another person's character, unless they have given you permission to do so.
→ As always, no godmodding. Your character isn't invincible.
→ I'd like to see this RP make it to the end, so unless you are committed and can stay active, please don't rob someone else the chance to sign up!
→ Some sense of grammar and proper spelling are important, so please try your best!
→ Creating your own NPCs as a side-story is perfectly acceptable, and even encouraged. Same goes for player-to-player joint posts. And the latter might net you more rewards than a regular post.
→ Sign-up reservations will last two days, once that time is past I'm sorry, but anyone else can try for that slot.
→ Let's have fun through this crazy journey!​

→ Sign-Up Form

→ Name (First and Last)
→ Age (Ages 12-18)
→ Gender
→ Personality (A good 2-3 paragraphs minimum)
→ Appearance (Either a good 2-3 paragraph minimum, or a picture with some supplemental text)
→ History (A good 3 paragraphs minimum)
→ Starter Selection (With your choice of one egg move)
→ RP Sample (Just so I can see how you RP. If you don't have one make up a little prologue explaining why you're leaving for the journey.)​

→ Starters

Spoiler:

→ Roleplayers

king_nick72 as King Satoshi
Spoiler:

romdinner as Catherine "Kat" Primrose
Spoiler:

Miss Doronjo as Lynn Colthearts
Spoiler:

Somniac as Ffion Caera with Eevee
Spoiler:

{Swan} as Hwang Feifei
Spoiler:

Puppeteer Mask as Jamie Holladen
Spoiler:

Century as Nycteus "Nick" Richards
Spoiler:

→ Current Chapters

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
This sounds very interesting and I'd love to be a part of it. May I reserve Chimchar, please?

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years
Your RP seems very promising so I'd like to reserve a spot with Tepig. I'll have my Su as soon as possible. :D

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
@Game_sloth: I'm sorry, but you are currently DECLINED. I'd definitely like a bit more added to personality and history. I get that he doesn't have friends because of the constant moving, but is there any other reasons he acts the way he does? Upbringing, some personal event for him, etc. Your post is also riddled with spelling errors. You are more than welcome to try and beef up your sign-up and resubmit it through!

@romdinner: Tepig is reserved for your for 2 days!

Years
ill give it a shot for the fun of it

Name:King

Personality:
King is a trainer who doesn't really talk much, he lets his battling skills talk for him. Only a few of Kings friends and his father have been able to actually hear King speak more then 3 or 4 words.
King is a very patient battler, waiting for the right moment to make his attack, and when he attacks, he attacks fast and hard. Kings main goal is to defeat the pokemon league and show the entire world that even the most patient battlers can beat even the most difficult of opponents

Starter:Turtwig with the egg move earth power

Apperance:
King is a tall kid for his age. Standing at 6'2'', King is very muscular with short spikey hair. King has dark skin, wearing a gray t-shirt with sweat pants matching the shirt that he wears. King has hazel eyes and wears sunglasses

History:
King was born in Undella Town in the Unova reigon. King never was a silent person like he is now. He was a very talkative person who was barely quiet.Sadly though, one day while King was over his friends house for the whole day, upon returning home, he discovered a note. This note was from his mother and father. The note read, "Dear King, We are sorry to tell you this, but we have decided to have you live with your Aunt in Goldenrod city, in the Johto reigon. We know that you probably dont want to, but it has all been arranged, Skyla will take you to Goldenrod City so you can live with your aunt. We are once again sorry to tell you this, but we belive that it is for the best". King dropped to the floor, bursting out tears. When King left Undella Town to head to the Johto reigon, he swore to an oath of silence, until he was able to be reunited with his mother and father once again.

My RP example: (sorry if its not all that good, i haven't done this in a long time)
It was a cool breezy spring morning, the smell of rain still lingered in the air from yesterday. King awoke at around 7:30 A.M. He looked outside his window. The shadow of the radio station towered over his aunts house. King went to the bathroom, took a shower, and got dressed. King went downstairs to fix himself some breakfast. While eating, His aunt walked down the stairs. "Good Mourning King!" She shouted. King said nothing and continued to eat. "You know that today is a big day right?" King responded, "yes, i do". King finished his breakfast, grabbed his glasses and started to head out. Before leaving the house King turned to his aunt and said,"I belive its time I go. I have to meet Prof. Gold and get my very first pokemon. Next time you see me, Ill be the Champion!" King left the house saying nothing else, the radiating confidence flowing out of him. King thought, "Its time, my time time to become champion!"

Last edited:

Game_sloth

That guy
Years
  • Age 31
  • AL
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
I only found a couple spelling errors, but will work on the rest. Won't be able to get it up until tomorrow, though.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
@king_nick72: As of now you are DECLINED. Everything is just much too short and doesn't really give me any sort of understanding of your character. I get King is a good battler and let's that do his talking...but what else? How does he act in other situations?Needs more to the appearance and the history as well. The history should not only tell me his back story, but give me some insight of why he acts the way he does. Problem with the RP sample is that it is just a big block of text. There has to be some formatting here, especially for dialogue. Feel more than free to address these issues and re-submit it!

@Game_sloth: No worries, don't have to rush it!
---

And before I forget, here's my sign-up

Name: Geoff Sekera

Personality: Geoff is usually described by his friends and family as one of the kindest people that they know. He's more than willing to do a favor for his friends, and his loyalty to his family will always shine through. This bites him in the butt a lot, however, as he doesn't know how to say no. He wants to make sure that everyone is happy, even if it means he has to sacrifice things that are important to him, as well as shirking off his own responsibilities.

Geoff can always be seen smiling, whether he's at his job stocking the shelves of the Pokémart, in school, at a party, or just relaxing with a few friends. His laughter is infectious, and can quickly turn a quiet room into a space filled with joy. He has an aura of positivity surrounding him at all times, which makes people think that he never has any sort of problems. Truth be told, he's an expert at hiding his emotions, as he never wants to trouble people with his problems. This gets him in trouble at times, as running away and hiding from your problems does nothing but prolong them and make them worse.

Outside of what his friends and family see when they are with him, he still struggles with what he wants out of life and how to achieve it. Growing up he wasn't sure what he wanted to do with his life, whether it was to become a Pokémon trainer, like many of his friends had become, continue with schooling, or any of the other wide plethora of options out there. Geoff hates making decisions for himself, so the struggle to pick what he wanted to do left him floundering in his mind.

Appearance: Geoff stands at a solid 6 feet, and weighs 140 pounds. He is quite light for his height, and is often told by people to either eat more or start working out so he can gain some weight. He has short, dark brown hair, which is often mistaken of being black. His eyes are a lighter shade of brown. He has freckles running across his cheeks in a horizontal line just under his eyes. His nose is rather large, and is often a physical trait that people poke fun at. His teeth are straight from years of braces, but they aren't perfectly white, more of a very pale yellow. He's definitely not muscular, but he's not a twig either, with more of a lean build.

You can usually find Geoff wearing an assortment of v-neck tee-shirts, usually of a bright color, such as cyan, lime green, or magenta. He's usually wearing a pair of jeans for pants, but if it's exceptionally warm he'll be wearing a pair of khaki shorts. he is either wearing s pair of black and white sneakers or a pair of light brown boots depending on where he's planning on going for the day. If it's colder, he'll wear a light gray hoodie, and if it's even colder he has a black winter coat he'll wear in as well. He carries a black backpack with him, containing spare clothes, some extra food, water, his keys, wallet, and whatever else he might need for the day.

History: Geoff was born on the outskirts of Mahogany Town. He was just a rather average kid: He experimented with sports, joined the boy scouts, enrolled in preschool (and eventually regular school), and made friends. The one thing that really kept his interest was baseball. It was a sport that he was rather good at (with the exception of batting), and he made some of his first friends there. He felt sheer bliss while he was in his preferred position of second base. He met his two first best friends here, Kevin and Martin. They were inseparable; they always hung out during any free time they had at school, joked around on the baseball field, and their parents baby sat each other, eventually making all of their parents good friends.

The one thing that never had the opportunity to experiment with was Pokémon. His parents weren't the biggest fan of them, and didn't have in in their house. While other kids played with Pokémon around the house, Geoff was kept away from them. His parents didn't believe they were safe for someone that was only 10 years old. It was an unpopular opinion in the world that they lived in, and he lost Martin and Kevin because of it. They wanted to experience the Pokémon world, and they set out on their journey like many do when they are 10 years old. Instead, Geoff (and many others) continued going to school.

As time passed, his parents relationship grew weaker and weaker, and eventually they decided to call it quits and get a divorce when Geoff was 13. Thankfully it was rather civil, and the two remained friends, and very active in raising Geoff. They stayed in the same town, and it was a maximum of ten minutes between the two of them. Geoff couldn't be luckier when it comes to this situation, Geoff didn't see the big picture, just how it was affecting him. He hated that he had to travel every day back and forth between his parents' houses, dealing with what could become potential step parents, it just made him sad. However, he would never want to make his parents feel bad or disappoint them, so he hid his true feelings under a smile.

As Geoff made his way through high school, he had a growing interest in Pokémon, and he made sure that no one knew he had the knowledge of it. In a small town such as Mahogany, word gets around fast, and his parents would find out one way or another. Hiding his disappointment of his parents divorce with positivity actually turned him into the social butterfly; he was well-known throughout school and friends with at least one person in every social group. He made friends that were interested in Pokémon, but weren't focused around them, so that he could still get some experience with them. He also kept friends that had no interest in them that would grow up to do work that didn't involve them.

Geoff finally graduated high school and turned 18. It was at this point in his life where he had to choose what he wanted to do with life. He could continue his education, start working, or -- the choice he wanted most of all -- start a journey with Pokémon. He knew his parents would never approve of it, but it was all he wanted to do. He approached his parents about the situation, and they were oddly receptive. They acknowledged that he was now an adult and he was allowed to have his own opinions and make his own decisions, whether they fully approved of them or not. They supported him to start his journey, and sent him on his way to New Bark Town.

Starter Pokémon:
333.gif

Swablu♀ (Level 5)
Natural Cure
Naive Nature
Peck, Growl, Astonish, Dragon Rush (Egg Move)

Roleplay Sample: From Monster Art Online
Spoiler:

Years
ok ill try again

Name: King Satoshi
Personality:
King doesn't really speak during his battles. He lets his battling skills talk for him. Even though he rarely talks during battles, King is extremely respectful, thanking his opponents and his pokemon for a great battle, even if they lose horribly. During battles, King is known to be very patient and waiting for the right moment to attack, and when he does, he hits hard and fast.

Outside of battle though, King is somewhat a quiet person, only really talking to his friends and family. He is extremely patient and what seems forever to some people can be about 5-10 minutes to him.
King will always show compassion to those who he believes deserve it.King enjoys his small job at the poke center, You can see King helping Nurse Joy with taking care of pokemon, babysitting pokemon, or even at his house with his aunt helping around the house. King can also be seen helping his aunt with the house and yard. All of these tasks have turned King into a responsible young man. When it comes to his friends and family, King has been known to defend them to the very end. King has been known to help his friends out taking care of their pokemon occasionally, and even watching them, inspiring him even more to become a pokemon trainer like they are.

King is very responsible and can handle almost anything that comes his way. His ability to balance his small job, housework, schoolwork, and practice for his schools teams has allowed King to be able to balance almost any kind of work that he has, because of this, King is known through out his city as one of the most responsible kids there. King is kind of shy to his family when they call him certain names or say things that are embarrassing to him. King speaks softly to these things and will look like he is glowing red in his face. King is kind and helpful, but can also be cruel and relentless if you give him a reason to.

Appearance:
King is a very tall kid of his age, standing at 6'3'' weighing 195 pounds. King is very athletic and muscular. This is because of all of the different sports that he has played. Sports like: basketball, football, soccer, and even baseball. In all of these sports, King as been able to adapt and accelerate in most of these sports. King has short, spiky black hair. Kings eyes are a nice hazel color and he will most likely be seen wearing sunglasses.King has a few cuts running down his face from the injuries of the sports that he plays. Also, King has a pointy-like nose that makes him stick out of the crowd more then other people. King also has nice straight, white teeth from all of the dental appointments that his aunt sets up for him

Kings clothing are a wide variety. From v-neck, t-shirts, long-sleeve shirts- to even tank-tops.The colors that King wears depends on the weather. Sunny cool days King will wear bright colors like lime green, orange, or even pink, and of course, his signature sunglasses. On dark, stormy days King will wear dark colors like black, red, dark blue and grey. On cold days, King will be wearing grey and white.King will be seen wearing black sweat pants, athletic shorts matching the color of his shirts, and black or blue jeans depending on the weather of course. His gold-like book bag carries anything King will need on his journey. whether its extra clothes, to food and water, it will be in Kings bag if its important for that day

History:
King was born in Undella Town in the Unova region. King was a happy-go-lucky kid. Enjoying the love that is 2 parents gave him, but the thing that makes him the most happy, was pokemon. King's dad's pokemon were extraordinary to him. Even though that is dad's pokemon were just a frillish and a drilbur, King found them simply amazing. King was placed into school at the age of 7 and almost immediately, King played sports. His very first sport was soccer. Even though it was just for fun, King showed a talent in athletic events. Then by the age of 12, King was extremely versatile in sports, playing basketball, football, and baseball for his school. Still, all of these sports didn't excite him like being with pokemon. One day though, Kings parents sat him down to talk to him. Telling King that they believed that it was time to send King to the johto region. At first, King didn't understand why this was happening, but his father explained to him that his parents thought that it would be better for King.

Before departing to the Johto region, Kings parents told him this,
"Unless you really know the person, don't speak to them" (another way of saying, dont talk to strangers)
So upon hearing this, King promised his parents that he would only talk to his true friends and family.
In about 3 or 4 days, King arrived in Olivine City, where his aunt was waiting for him. King still continued going to school, becoming a great student and once again, a great player in various sports, but still, even though King had a better life In Olivine City, King missed his parents day in and day out. He knew though, that one day, King will see them once again.

Around 3 years has passed. King is going to turn 16 in simply 2 days. The only thing that King wants for his birthday was to start his very own pokemon adventure. He was a bit nervous talking to his aunt about it, since his aunt isn't a big fan of pokemon. However, His aunt was rather happy about the choice King made. So King prepared himself for the next 2 days. Studying pokemon and all of their advantages, and disadvantages. He packed up his clothing, grabbed some snacks, and headed out to New Bark Town, ready to start his own adventure

Starting Pokemon:
Riolu♂ (Level 5)
Inner Focus
Rash Nature
Quick Attack, Endure, Foresight, sky uppercut (egg move)

RP Sample:
It was around 7:45 in the mourning. The cool summer breeze flew in through the window and greeted King in a friendly manner. King stood up from his bed, shut his windows for the time being and checked his calender. It was simply 2 days from his birthday! King had already knew what he had wanted and wanted bad, to start his very own pokemon adventure. He has wanted this wish for the past 2 years, but was always afraid to ask his aunt about it because King knew that she.... wasn't the biggest fan of pokemon. This year though, King couldn't let that stop him.

King did his usual mourning routine: went to the bathroom, took a shower, went downstairs and made himself breakfast. A couple of minutes after King started to eat his aunt came downstairs with her usual happy mourning spirit
"Goooooooooodddd mourning my little nephew!" she exclaimed
"Aunt May, I'm not little anymore...." King said softly
"I'm taller then my dad is....."
"That hasn't stopped me before has it?"
"......... no"

King finished breakfast and went to his part-time job at the poke-center. At around 6:30 P.M. King returned home.
King Thought to himself
"OK King, its time that you ask aunt May about your birthday wish..."
"Aunt May......" King shouted upstairs
"Yes King?"
"Can You come here for a minute i have to talk to you about something..."
So King and his aunt sat down on the couch. King took a deep breath and told his aunt what he wanted
"Aunt May, i know that you don't really like pokemon that much..... but i really do"
Aunt May replied,
"OK, I know this, so what do you want?"
"Well..... I heard from my friends at school, that Prof. Gold was looking for people that wanted to become pokemon trainers..... and i was-"
"yes"
King was in shock for a minute..... he never heard his aunt May say yes to anything that involved pokemon.
''Aunt May... what did you say?''
''I said yes King, go ahead. It would be an amazing experience to travel the region with pokemon''
King didn't know what to say for a little bit. Trying to hold back his excitement he bowed and said
"Thank you Aunt May..."
King ran upstairs to his room and leaped for joy. King had to begin preparations immediately though. So for the next day, King studied pokemon for the longest, learning about abilities, type advantages,type disadvantages, and move effects. The day before his birthday has arrived, packing up his book bag with food, water, extra clothes, and money, King eaded to New Bark Town, where a new adventure was awaiting him

is this good?
if there are any other problems let me know and ill try my best to fix them

Last edited:

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
If I may, I would like to reserve a spot although I would like it if you could answer a few questions.

What town do we start in?
Where do our characters get their starters (you never said if we go them from Prof. Gold)?
Where are Prof. Gold and Red at?

Really that's all I need answered and I can start concepting my character.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
@dcjboi:
  1. New Bark Town
  2. From Professsor Gold
  3. New Bark Town and Pallet Town respectively

@king_nick72: Much, much better, ACCEPTED. Formatting isn't perfect (CP'ing from the OP to yours screwed around with your fonts =P), so just be wary of that!

Last edited:

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years
Sorry for being a bit late but here it is :).
________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Catherine *Kat* Primrose

Personality: Kat is a very bold person who is not afraid to speak her mind and do what she thinks is best, despite being very well mannered and elegant. This would be something to admire in a person, however, due to her place in society, she learned that doing so will harm her parent's reputation. But this didn't stop the girl from making her opinion heard, being as witty and devious as she is she found out that she could stand her ground by outsmarting the other party. Kat is the type of girl who doesn't give a dime on what others think, but cares about how her actions affect her loved ones. She is very smart, being at the top of her class, and is quick to react but that doesn't mean she doesn't get things wrong sometimes….she's not a smartass that's for sure. This is mostly due to the fact that she is very determined in what she does and doesn't stop until what she has on her mind is done.

Even if she looks fragile, she is very powerful and packs a punch which will make you see stars, not quite the lady you imagined. Hey a girl has to be ready for everything ( or so she believes ). The only moments when Kat can really be herself and forget all about the rules and etiquette of aristocracy is when she is alone or with her dear butler Seth, or by his full name Seth Chamberlain, who has been by her side since she was little. Don't get me wrong, she enjoys acting elegant and being refined, but she also enjoys running barefoot into a field of flowers and resting side by side with Seth under and old Oak tree.

All in all, in a few words, you could say Kat is a mixture of bold with elegance, some drops of intelligence and determination, an accidental drop of stubbornness and a sprinkle of power. Just your normal high-class lady, who knows what she wants and tries to get it.

Appearance: Picture --->
Spoiler:

Kat is about 5'06" and weighs approximately 115.0 lbs with a slender figure. Her hairstyle is most of the time the one that can be seen in the picture, however, she will make some changes to it from time to time so don't be surprised if you'll find her with a bun or braided hair. She doesn't have any scars on her body, but she does have an unusual birthmark on the upper part of her back, close to her right shoulder which resembles a butterfly.

For her journey she decided to go with something simple yet elegant at the same time for her choice of clothes. Apart from the one's she is wearing she also has a scarf and an umbrella stored in her bag alongside her mother's journal and one that she bought for her and some other survival stuff she may need for the journey.

History: Catherine is the one and only daughter and heir of the Primrose family, who is an aristocrat family well known in Ecruteak City, which is Kat's birth place, and most parts of the Johto region. Daughter of Elizabeth Primrose and Maxwell Primrose, she is the most precious thing on earth for them and care for her a lot, sometimes more than they should. Her father owns some private companies throughout the region which mostly deal with the development of new medicine and medical equipment. Kat had a beautiful childhood and despite her father being very busy, and often had to leave home for weeks, she was raised by her mother who left her job as a fashion designer to rest and devoted herself to her daughter. Until the age of five, everything was as happy as can be, Kat was growing into a cute little girl under her parent's eyes and could not ask for a better life. Sadly, misfortune struck the family at that time, Kat's mother fell sick due to an unknown illness. Due to this Kat's father become even more of a workaholic and the monthly two week visit that he could spare for his family turned into a two day visit. He was immersed in his work of finding a cure for his beloved wife.

Another year went by and Elizabeth's condition was getting worse and worse, but the mother always faced her daughter with a kind smile that assured her that everything will be fine. Due to Elizabeth being restrained to her bed, she hired a personal butler to take care of Kat and watch over her, the person hired was Seth who at that time was just two years older that Kat, so he was seven. He was found by Kat one day when seeing something under a tree in the rose garden, the little girl rushed into the pouring rain only to retrieve a collapsed boy. The maids and Kat took care of the boy and when he was feeling well was presented to Kat's mother who offered the boy a home in exchange of always looking over her daughter. The boy was thrilled and agreed to the bargain.

Time passed and by the time Kat reached the age of twelve she had already started being initiated in the fine art of being a lady. Despite being very weak, her mother insisted that she will be the one to teach Catherine as long as she is still standing. Kat couldn't have been more thrilled as she had the opportunity to learn how to be a lady from the one she admired the most, her mother, while being helped by her now fully fledged butler and friend, Seth. But while all this was happening, the illness that took over Elizabeth had reached its final stage and after another year Elizabeth took her last breath, but not before giving her last words to Seth and then took her daughter in her arms and told her in a gentle voice that: "No matter what, always stay true to your heart my little butterfly. " Kat cried and cried for days while being held by her father who had rushed at home when he heard the news. Obviously he didn't manage to find a cure but he had done important discoveries that later on would lead to one. But now he needed to be there for his daughter, she was the only thing left for him.

Over the years that have passed since Elizabeth's death Kat's relationship with her father has developed into something that Kat couldn't have predicted. Being marked by his wife's death, Maxwell has become overprotecting of her daughter and is somehow very strict in his way of dealing with her. She isn't allowed out without any supervision, she has to be home by 7 PM, she isn't allowed to outside without his permission and most of all, she has to act accordingly when in the presence of guests. This is due to the fact that Maxwell fears that if he isn't cautious he will lose his daughter the same way he lost his wife. It's obvious to tell that this regiment isn't really to Kat's liking, but the girl has her ways of dealing with this life, not to mention that a bit of help from Seth is always to her liking. She usually sneaked outside and wandered through the gardens or the nearby forest with Seth by her side, Seth always proposed to her dad going to certain events in town, knowing that Seth would be the one to escort her, so they could ditch the vent and go have fun somewhere. However as fun and helpful as Seth may have been, Kat cannot convince him to help her without first finishing her lessons or other duties she has. He owes his good life to Kat and wants to repay her as much as possible. However the most important thing that has happened to Kat is that at the age of 15 she found an old journal stored in the library, from her mother from when she was 17, which recorded a pokemon journey that her mother had made and stored all her adventures. Kat was fascinated by the stories and loved reading about her mother before she got married and became a successful fashion designer.

Now Kat is seventeen and has turned into a fine young lady, a lady who cannot stand any more of her father's protectiveness and has to face her father's wish of her being her heir in the company. Kat had put up with everything that her father had demanded from her, but now it was too much. She refused and told him that she desires to start a pokemon journey, just like her mother did when she was her age. They fought on the subject, with poor Seth watching from the sidelines. Seeing that he couldn't convince his daughter by simple means, Maxwell, with a bit of restraint, offered Kat a deal. He would let her embark on her journey …..BUT if she doesn't win the Pokemon League she would have to abandon being a pokemon trainer and take over the family company. Seth was about to try and explain to his master that that was impossible for a starting trainer, but Kat spoke sooner and agreed without hesitation to the deal. She also knew that just reaching the league is a tough job to do, but she was determined to fight and pursue what she wanted to do. With things settled she said farewell to the mansion, her father and Seth she hopped in the care prepared to take her to New Bark Town where she would receive her first pokemon.

Starter Pokemon:
498.gif

Tepig[FONT=&quot]♂[/FONT] (Level 5)
Blaze
Rash Nature
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Magnitude ( Egg Move )

RP Sample: From the rp "Pokemon: A Fresh Start" which I deeply enjoyed :D
Spoiler:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
@romdinner: That was a lovely sign-up, ACCEPTED. I can totally understand why Kat is the way she is, and I love the relationship with Seth. When we make it up to Ecruteak I hope we get to see some interaction with her family and Seth (or potentially earlier, depends on what you're feeling!).

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years
Thanks for having me on the team. Can't wait to start. :D Well I have some ideas about that, but you'll just have to wait and see. :P

One question: Will we be able to create a rival for our character and develop a story around them?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Thanks for having me on the team. Can't wait to start. :D Well I have some ideas about that, but you'll just have to wait and see. :P

One question: Will we be able to create a rival for our character and develop a story around them?

Creating NPCs to develop around is encouraged, gives your character more to do that just what's listed on each chapter! Plus player interaction is great as well.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
@JAKE: thanks for accepting me jake. btw when you say CP'ing from the OP what do you mean? i haven't RP'ed in a while

Copying and pasting from the opening post. Pretty much just referring to the font changes from whatever the default one is to Tahoma. Just double check it when you make posts =P Also I need a last name for King. Just edit it into your sign-up and I'll edit the OP to reflect it.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

Aya_Higuchi_image.jpg

★ ☆ ✰ Lynn Colthearts

Personality: Lynn is basically a person who is straightforward, yet at the sometime, awkward and weird. She is responsible, in terms of caring for pokemon, and caring deeply about her family and friends. She would never put anyone in more importance than others; she treats everyone equally. People have said that her strength comes from her caring nature, and boldness when it comes to overcoming obstacles. Then again, she does have a weird, eccentric side to her. She has a firm belief on ghosts, and other spirits, which that belief was inherited from her family. She also has a firm belief on hexes, and curses. As such, she often gets paranoid that a ghost will come and grab her soon if she commits something which will get her "cursed" (eg. stepping on a crack will break your mother's back, ohohoho~)

Therefore, she is also wild, and imaginative. She also has this...coffee madness. Whenever she drinks it, she becomes a hyper, more eccentric, overly dramatic girl who yells or says something bubbly. Whether she does, or does not drink coffee, when she gets peeved or angry, she can attempt to say a few hexes and curses that she has been taught from her family...even though none of them works. However, her firm belief on the occult is what she uses to drive herself more on expanding her curiosity in the world.

Appearance: Lynn's appearance resembles that of a 17 year old Asian teenage girl. Her skin tone is only a little pale, with only a few minor blemishes. Lynn stands at about 5'8'' in height as well; only just a tad taller than a few of her friends. She s also pretty flat-chested, which doesn't bother her much in any-case. (until someone mentions it, that is.) Her hair is black as well as long, in which her hair drops down all the way to Lynn's mid-back. Some bits of her hair, drops down from the front towards her upper shoulder. Her eyes are also black, which match her hair. Her nails are not very long, but not very short either. They are painted white, with a hint of red, which according to her family, that red represents her "good chi".

Her outfit isn't very modern, but kind of ties on her family heritage, and because she's native to her Eckruteak family blood line. Her outfit consists of a long, red dress that is made out of cotton. The dress is so long that it almost covers her ankles. The sleeves of her dress is very wide, which holds up when Lynn wears it; in other words, the sleeves are much wider than her arms, so it droops down when worn. Her red dress is also decorated by white lining, coloring, and patching. On the back of her dress, a pointed-star-shaped white lining is patched on it. On her dress where her chest is where, white lining and coloring is also patched. Finally, where her dress collar lies, white lining is decorated followed up with a yellow ribbon to complete the style. There is also a green jewel on each of her shoulder. As for foot wear, she wears black socks, as well as red dress shoes, with a red buckle on each foot.

History: Lynn was born in Ecruteak City, in the Johto, where she has a mother, a little sister, a grandfather, and a grandmother. Her father, had abandoned the family long ago, although Lynn did not know too much about it; in fact, she barely knew that she even had a father. In any case, Lynn, was especially born... as a member of the Colthearts family clan. The Colthearts were a family who were known for communicating with spirits, and with the land of the dead. The leader, and master of the Colthearts clan was the one who's connection to the spirit world, and the land of the dead was the strongest of them all.

The "spiritual power" of the Colthearts clan was always inherited by the females of the group. Before Lynn and her mother was born, Lynn's grandmother was the leader, since her ties with the spiritual world was strongest. When Lynn's mother was born, she had more ties with the spirit and the land of the dead than Lynn's grandmother, and thus, became the new leader. Finally, Lynn was born after her mother married. Unfortunately, her father had left them, to set his own goals in his life; even when it meant leaving his family behind. Lynn was born right in Ecruteak, her grandmother observed that the child's ties to the spirit world and the land of the dead were stronger than any member of the Colthearts clan that lived in history. The child was to become master at a young, but mature age.

When Lynn was 10 years old, she was taught all about spirits, ghosts, and the occult from her mother. She was then told all about the whole purpose of the Colthearts clan -- to tie in the forgotten spirits, with the land of the ancients, towards the human world. Maybe one day...the world can come to peace with them. Lynn was always skeptical on meeting spirits, and other forms of the occult, but, she knew that this was only for the good of the clan. Her sister Ringo, was born at this time, however, she did not have much ties to the spirit world as Lynn does, so, there was no way that she wold become clan master.

However, Lynn had a more interest with pokemon. She would always enjoy reading picture books, and novels about pokemon trainers and their pokemon -- traveling to different regions, meeting new friends, even battling with those friends. However, while Lynn might have a more interest in pokemon, her belief in spiritualism stood strong as ever. However, as Lynn grew up, she knew that the Colthearts clan also had family feuds. The branch family, hosted by Lynn's Aunt, Uncle, and cousins, as well as other distant relatives, have plotted to take the master title from the main family, hosted by Lynn's mother and her grandmother.

Lynn did not want to be exposed to this family feud, so, when she turned her current age, 16, she decided that she did not want the title of the master of the Colthearts, and decided to pass it on to his sister. In fact, this is the first time that she realized why her father left -- he wanted to find a more peaceful solution to have the branch family accept the Main household family. So, Lynn vowed that someday, she too will travel out of Ecruteak City to find that answer. That was when she finally stumbled upon New Bark Town.

Starter Pokemon:
215.gif

Inner Focus
Adamant Nature
Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Ice Punch

Roleplay Sample:

From Aerion

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
@Miss Doronjo: CSS posts are a weak spot of mine, but the actual content was fantastic! ACCEPTED. I'd love to see some posts about her knowledge of the occult and if it actually exists.

Back