• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
Im at Meteor Falls with new party members! I have a level 24 Golbat, level 24 Marshtomp, Level 24 Metang, level 24 Mighteyena, and level 22 Electrike. I built my secret base right outside the Meteor Falls cave, and it looks really nice. It is about double the size of the other secret bases I have seen and is separated into two parts. Im off to save professor Cozmo!

Years
I currently have 3 badges and trying to figure out what I want my final team to look like. Right now it is this:

Britt/Linoone Lvl 26
Headbutt - Odor Sleuth - Cut - Pin Missile

Wally/Gallade Lvl 23
False Swipe - Confusion - Double Team - Magical Leaf

Clyde/Grovyle Lvl 31
Pursuit - Leaf Blade - Giga Drain - Quick Attack

Metang Lvl 27
Hold Back - Iron Head - Zen Headbutt - Iron Defense

Sableye Lvl 21
Rock Smash - Sucker Punch - Nasty Plot - Recover

Rusty/Mightyena Lvl 26
Thunder Fang - Howl - Roar - Assurance

I used Pokebank to evolve Kirlia into Gallade and to bring over my 5IV egg move Sableye, but it became an HM slave since I didn't want to mess up Mightyena's Contest moves or give any of my others an HM.

Metang is staying until he evolves but then he goes into the PC. I'm not sure what I want to do with Britt and Rusty since Headbutt is Britt's main attack and Rusty is falling behind damage wise.

I know I'm going to add Skarmory to my team, if only for a little while, and probably switch it off with Flygon later. I also want Sharpedo so it (more than likely) will replace Rusty.

Years
Well, I'm going to challenge to Pokemon League after this post. My team, all level 50, is Blaziken, Latias, Swellow, Pelipper, Exploud, and Sandslash. I still have some preparing to do, as I've got to get rid of some HMs.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Currently in Flannery's gym! Battling trainers at the moment.

I am really having a blast with this game!

The squad:

Grovyle Level 31
Manectric Level 29
Swellow Level 29
Seviper Level 25
Kirlia Level 26
Metang Level 30

Years
Currently in Sootopolis City. Waiting outside the Pokemon Center so I can go to the Cave of Origin to meet up with Wallace (I'm doing the Delta Episode)

Current team:
Groudon Lvl 86.
Latias Lvl 50
Metagross Lvl 55
Kyogre Lvl 54
Mightyena Lvl 53
Ludicolo Lvl 53.

I'm going to put Groudon back in my box as well as Latias as long as it doesn't hinder my ability to use the Eon Flute

CurseShooter

Pokemon Legend
Years
After a fierce battle against Primal Groudon my trusty Skarmory and I managed to calm his insane rampage by capturing it in our 21st Pokeball.

Years
My name is The Trainer

and I am currently on my way to Slateport City.

252.png
Companion Lvl 21
374.png
Beldum Lvl 16
267.png
Beauty Lvl 18
290.png
Nincada Lvl 14

Years
Well I was going to hold off on taking on the Elite Four and spend the day grinding and just messing around Hoenn, but I got impatient. Beat the Elite Four and Steven, did Delta Episode and got Rayquaza (and it has a Hardy Nature ew, also had to use my Master Ball because there was no way my level 50-60 Pokemon could handle it), beat Deoxys to rest for IVs later, and picked Totodile from the Johto Starters (Mild Nature...eh, could be worse I guess).

Final update on my Hoenn team as it is since I'll be bringing in my other teams soon:

Spoiler:

Years
Caught Rayquaza in a regular pokeball (friggen lucky right there I tell you), fought and caught Deoxys in a Ultra Ball. I wanted to catch him in a Premier Ball or a regular Pokeball like I did Kyogre/Rayquaza, but my 3DS was dying so I'll take what I get. Glad that I didn't have to resort to my Masterball, I want to save that ball for the LAST available legendary that I can catch.

Anyway, Delta Episode complete, going to go for the mirage spots to capture the Legendaries for AS and then I'm going to head for the ruins so I can catch the Regis.

Sotani

Pokemon Breeder Yuki
Years
I tried going into the game with a team in my head involving which pokemon I wanted to relive the Hoenn experience with. I traded over my shiny zubat I bred from x&y because it was the first shiny pokemon i've ever caught and that was back in emerald and I wanted him to come along. Choosing which starter I wanted would have been harder if they hadn't of given us a Torchic during x&y; Blazekin was so overused that I was tired of seeing his face so I started out with Treeko and a shiny Zubat.

I kept those two till the end, and included a whismur and surskit I caught early on in the game. I had in my mind that I really wanted to use Walrein but by the time I made it to shoal cave I already had a Sharpedo and an Altaria I couldn't let go of.

The team I beat the elite four with was
0d46b168-016c-492f-a673-a887f3dd645a_zps0fdbf8dd.jpg

The reasons for their names is that i'm studying veterinary medicine and these are a few of my favorite drug names.

I caught all of the ledgendaries up to deoxys pretty easy but I was so scared of accidently killing him that I caught him in the Master ball. Honestly I really liked the game but I thought a few parts were pretty anticlimatic, like when you receive the Cosplay Pikachu and how you're just handed Latios/Latias.

I'm more of a breeder than anything though so what will be really fun is being able to breed for good contest pokemon as well as more pokemon for all the arenas this game has to offer! There is still alot more to explore i'm sure but it looks like breeding is all i'll be doing for a while. Can't wait for the next game~

Years
After beating the Pokemon League, I did the Delta Episode, catching Rayquaza but knocking out Deoxys :( I also did some DexNavving on Route 101, which led me to find a 3 IV Poochyena. Now we're going on a big fat legendary Pokemon hunt.

Syvelocin

Eevee Breeder
Years
I strangely got a female Mudkip without noticing. That's never happened to me without rerolling lol. She's lv. 40, not evolved, and sitting in my PC because I almost never use starters unless that starter is Bulbasaur. :3

Absol ♀ lv. 45
Flygon ♀ lv. 48
Breloom ♂ lv. 47
Gardevoir ♀ lv. 49
Milotic ♀ lv. 26

Holding out for a Froslass. I like Banette better as a ghost but ice sure does fill in some holes nicely. Thinking about switching out Breloom but I'm not a fan of grass pokes of gen 3. I might throw in Altaria but that depends how I feel in the future.

Last edited:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
Day 3 of my Travel Journal:

Well my events of yesterday started with me deciding to get the shiny Beldum. After that, I then left Mauville and headed North on Route 111. When I then turned toward Route 112, May showed up and healed my Pokemon. After that, we took a look at Mt. Chimney. I then went through the Fiery Path.

After going through the Fiery Path, I continued on Route 112, Route 111, and Route 113. While I was on Route 113, I snuck up on and caught a Skarmory. I then headed to Fallarbor Town. When I got there, May and I went to see Professor Cosmo's assistant to find out what happened to him. After finding out, May and I decided to go to Meteor Falls to save him.

When May and I got to Meteor Falls, we had a tag battle against Aqua Admin Shelly and a Team Aqua Grunt. After that Magma Leader Maxie showed up. After he gave his speech and left, May and I got Professor Cosmo back to his house.

After that, May and I headed back to Mauville City. Course I did not stay long. I then headed right to Mt. Chimney. After beating members of Team Aqua there, including Aqua Leader Archie, I then headed to Lavaridge for my fourth gym battle. After I battled and defeated Flannery, I left the gym. May then showed up and asked if I want to go back to Petalburg. I told her no since I still had things I needed to take care of. I have currently seen 82 Pokemon and caught 39.

Star Wars Jedi Team
Luke (Marshtomp -> Swampert)
L39/Naughty
Hold Item: None
Moves: Rock Smash, Rock Slide, Muddy Water, Mud Bomb

Obi-Wan (Swellow)
L34/Lax
Moves: Peck, Wing Attack, Aerial Ace, Secret Power

Anakin (Electrike -> Manectric)
L28/Gentle
Hold Item: Manectite
Moves: Bite, Thunder Fang, Strength, Quick Attack

Yoda (to be caught)
Mace Windu (to be caught)
Ki-Adi (to be caught)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 12, 2015
Day: 003 [Nov. 23, 2014]

I forgot to mention this previously, but I love the new gameplay mechanic for the Dowsing Machine. I never bothered to use it before, as I had found it to be tedious, but I find myself constantly using it now every time I reach a new area.

Anyways, after constantly trying to find Plusle I decided to have my sister send me one she had captured so I could register it on my Pokédex, have it appear on my DexNav and then capture my own using the Search function. I could have probably tried to tough it out some more, but I wasted way too much time this morning doing that.

With that I made my way towards Mauville City and... Wow. I knew they had changed it, but I definitely did not expect this! Regardless of Mauville City being a city that stood out to me back in the day, mostly due to the different branching paths and the bike shop, I am rather fond of this new version. It really does make it fit a lot nicer and I enjoyed taking my time going through all of it and talking to everyone seeing what they all had to say! The camera angles from X/Y were also a nice touch.

In any case, after spending a little too much time exploring the new mall Mauville City, I headed towards the 3rd Gym. I was expecting a little bit more from the "puzzles", but then I remembered that this was only the 3rd Gym, so I let it slide. Wattson was not difficult at all but it was very nice to get to see him virtually unchanged. Love that guy.

After that was done I spent some time on the neighboring routes completing as much as I could of my DexNav [curse you, Marill, for taking ages to appear] and then I headed towards Route 111 to continue on my journey. I was exceptionally glad to see this area mostly unchanged, as well, as I absolutely loved it way back in the day.

Fast forward me fighting bunches for my DexNav and passing through the Fiery Path and I reach Fallarbor Town! I get right down to business and go straight to looking for Prof. Cozmo. Once I arrive at Meteor Falls nostalgia hits me again. The moment I stumbled into my first Solrock was amazing and I absolutely love how they made the cave look! This game is gorgeous.

In any case, I finally get a glimpse at Tabitha! Although I am not a huge fan of the character design change, I do have to say that his personality does intrigue me. I fight him and the Grunt alongside May and am finally introduced to Archie! It is super nice getting to see [in-game] the difference in personalities between not only Archie and Maxie, but the team overall, as well. They leave towards Mt. Chimney but May and I return to Fallarbor Town to take Prof. Cozmo home safely. May offers to walk back to Mauville City together, which I accept and am instantly transported to the center of the mall city.

After healing my Pokémon I make a beeline to Mt. Chimney, enjoying the look of the small cutscene as the Cable Car reaches the top. Once I set foot outside, nostalgia has snuck up on me and punched me in the face once more. I loved being able to see the Poochyena "battles" between the Team Aqua and Magma grunts. So many memories! After talking to all of them, as I often try to do, I go up and find Tabitha once more! Once again his personality catches my interest, particularly that laugh of his.

We fight, I beat him and then I get to see Maxie again. He explains his plans to me in that calculating tone of his that I have grown to really like. I am loving the small differences in storyline and how they've implemented Mega Stones into it and stuff like that. I'm really enjoying this remake. In any case, he then challenges me to a battle! Even if he didn't use it I love that I got a glimpse of his Mega Glasses, a concept I found very interesting and enjoyable. I beat him and I get to see him freak out for a second, which I must agree was funny, and then he storms off, apparently having received intel on the actual location of the orbs they've been searching.

I make my downwards, passing through the Jagged Pass and taking my time there, capturing the available Pokémon and going every possible route to get as many of the items scattered around. I then finally reach Lavaridge Town, where the first thing I do after healing my Pokémon is check out the new Hot Springs! I breathe in the hot, warm nostalgic air. The old ladies may not be there anymore, but that is fine by me. I save and call it a night.

~My team up until this point:

260.gif

Swampert

288.gif

Vigoroth: HM Slave [Cut, Rock Smash, Strength]

300.gif

Skitty: TM Slave [Flash, Secret Power]

184.gif

Azumarill: For my upcoming water HMs!

Last edited:
Years
So today I did the big Team Magma event - Maxie was a joke; the only member of his that got to damage me was Crobat (well, his Weezing OHKO'ed my Azumarill, which was just an HM Pokémon). Then Primal Groudon was next, and my Bellossom made short work of it while it was asleep thanks to Solar Beam and Giga Drain. Then I beat Wallace, who was pretty easy except for his Milotic (and even at that, my Gardevoir handled it without any real concerns thanks to Calm Mind). And I got the National Dex, which is pretty cool that you get it before you even beat the game. Here's my team:
Swampert (M) "Slippers", Level 44
Gardevoir (M) "Purity", Level 44
Hariyama (M) "Makit", Level 44
Magnezone "Parallel", Level 45
Flygon (M) "Gnarly", Level 45
Bellossom (M) "Sunnyside", Level 44

Tomorrow i'll probably go through Victory Road, but I think I want to do some backtracking to areas I didn't fully explore first.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019
Got Alpha Sapphire Sunday, so far:

Sunday:
Chose Mudkip as my starter, first caught Pokemon was Zigzagoon. Didn't get too far, just got to Rustboro City. I was gonna challenge Roxanne, but instead decided to hold off and began to super train my Mudkip. Afterwards, did some trading. My team was:
Mudkip
Charmander
Pikachu
Shiny Beldum

Monday (today) :
Got much farther, got 3 gym badges and began making my way to Lavaridge Town. My team now:
Marshtomp
Grovyle
Charmeleon
Pikachu
Makuhita
Shiny Metang

(Don't have too much info because I'm not using the game right now)

Years
Well I caught Lugia, Uxie, Mesprit, Cobalion, and Virizion today and yesterday. I did battle Thundurus, but it eventually Struggled itself to death.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
It's been a while since the last update, because I was Super Training and fooling around with the DexNav too much in a desperate search for a good Taillow. It didn't have Boomburst or Brave Bird, but at least I'm alright with the IVs and nature. I made it through Petalburg Woods in case anyone's curious. Before that, I ported over a Ralts from my Y version so that I wouldn't waste too much time searching for one with good IVs/nature.

Current team:

Mudkip, male, level 13
MDP258.png

-Tackle
-Growl
-Water Gun
-Mud-Slap
Nature: Adamant

Beldum, level 10
MDP374.png
(shiny)
-Hold Back
-Iron Head
-Zen Headbutt
-Iron Defense
Nature: Adamant

Zigzagoon, male, level 10
MDP263.png

-Tackle
-Growl
-Tail Whip
-Sand Attack
Nature: Naive
Ability: Pickup

Lotad, female, level 10
MDP270.png

-Astonish
-Growl
-Absorb
-Bubble
Nature: Modest
Ability: Swift Swim

Ralts, male, level 10
MDP280.png

-Growl
-Confusion
-Magical Leaf (in case anyone's wondering, it came with the move when I traded it over)
-Double Team
Nature: Modest
Ability: Trace

Taillow, male, level 10
MDP276.png

-Roost
-Growl
-Focus Energy
-Quick Attack
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Scrappy

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Candela's Hoenn Journal: Day 2 & 3 (midday)

Alright, after exploring Rustboro for a bit, I decided to go to route 116. I ended up starting a Skitty chain and a Taillow chain for a bit. Netted me with a Mud Bomb HA F SKitty nicknamed Amimi and a Defog F Lv 18 Taillow (which was higher than my Grovyle's (evolved while chaining) level, I was lucky to catch her) nicknamed Tally.

I ended up depositing Nana and Wally 'cause I don't feel like using any of those two. Tally... well, she can pass off for the Coolness contest I guess?

After chaining for a while, I went to challenge the gym. Skitty Mud Bomb OP. She helped clear out the Geodudes that were bothering, but she was still underleveled compared to Roxanne's Nosepass, so Grovyle took care of it.

After doing other story-related stuff (Peeko walks, it's so cute), I went to Dewford. The gym... well, considering that I got a Lv 18 Taillow on my side, it was somewhat of a cinch. I made Amimi deal with the trainers before Brawly though, but Disarming Voice isn't a strong move...

Granite Cave was shorter than I expected. I was actually expecting to catch a Mawile though... oh well. At least Steven is shown in all of his glory. Mm... Steven... :F

Alright, went to Slateport, dealt with Team Magma, met Maxie (damn ORAS has a lot of hot dudes), and got access to POKEMON CONTEST SPECTACULAR!!! Oh man, how much I miss this. I was actually glad to see that it's at Slateport, which means I can access the contests early. :D

Alright, so I entered the contest with Tally. Fed it a single Red Pokeblock+ to boost its coolness a bit. It was amazing, actually, since I dominated the contest at the talent round. I gain like most of the attendance's views. So I tried out the Super Rank this time, and I saw that even when I didn't raise her coolness, her talent round performances took the hearts of the audience.

Amimi did her best and won the Normal Rank Cuteness Contest.

And obviously, got the Cosplay Pikachu... eh, it's a nice gimmick, but she's staying in my boxes for now. Her sheen's ridiculously high though, maybe I should try her out someday.

And then I went to find an Electrike. Caught one just so I can begin chaining, but I haven't gotten one that I like. Oh well...

And then I noticed it's almost 3AM. Crap! I have to leave for campus in 4 1/2 hours!

~End Day 2~​

Alright, so what I did here... I defeated May, reached Mauville and defeated Wally. Still exploring the New Mauville city though. Hmm... they're selling ribbons, wonder why they didn't add that at XY when I have like 9 million of cash only used for the daycare. :/

At least, Charming evolved into Linoone today.

~End Day 3 (midday)~​

Current Team:
Scepteelee | Grovyle M | Lv 21
Charming | Linoone M | Lv 21
Amimi | Skitty F | Lv 21
Tally | Taillow F | Lv 21

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
Day 4 of my Travel Journal:

My events of yesterday started with me heading back to the Fiery Path to get the items in the western side. While I was there, I caught the fourth member of my team. After I finished up there, I headed to the desert. While I was in the desert I obtained a fossil. After finishing up the desert, I made my way back to Meteor Falls. I then went through the southwestern exit to Route 115. After making my way through Route 115, I headed to Devon to get my fossil restored. After doing that, I made my way all the way back to Lavaridge. Then I told May I was ready to go back to Petalburg.

After making my way back to Petalburg, I then battled and defeated Norman for my fifth gym badge. After leaving the gym, I got HM03 Surf. Then Wally and I headed back to Mauville to reach Route 118. Course now that I could use Surf, I headed back to Route 115 to take care of some business there. One of the things being creating my [Super] Secret Base. After that, I headed back to Route 110 since I felt like completing more puzzles in the Trick House. While I was at the Trick House, I competed two more floors, but got stuck on the next one. That was when I decided to go to Route 118.

While I was on Route 118, I ran into Steven again. While we were talking, Latios showed up and took us to Southern Island because of some reason. We found out what the reason was after we got there. After speaking to Latias, Steven and I had a tag battle against Aqua Admin Matt and a Team Aqua Grunt. After winning the battle, Latias trusted me enough that she wanted to go with me. I was surprised to get one of the Eon Pokemon at this point in the game. After getting Latias, Steven gave me the Mega Bracelet. After that Latios took us back to Route 118.

After getting back to Route 118, Steven left. I then finished up Route 118 and headed to Route 119. I noticed that the rules regarding the really tall grass on Route 119 had changed. I was shocked that I could now ride my bike through it, but it can't be cut. I made it as far as the Weather Institute where I stopped for the night. I have currently seen 104 Pokemon and caught 46.

Star Wars Jedi Team
Luke (Swampert)
L49/Naughty
Moves: Rock Smash, Rock Slide, Surf, Mud Bomb

Obi-Wan (Swellow)
L43/Lax
Moves: Peck, Wing Attack, Aerial Ace, Secret Power

Anakin (Manectric)
L37/Gentle
Hold Item: Manectite