Hack Series Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon Page 50

Started by Buffel Saft July 25th, 2018 5:03 AM
  • 1233 replies

Buffel Saft

Male
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
Is there a way to buy in-battle stat boosters like X Atk, X Speed, etc. beside getting from battle store in Festival Plaza since the vendor item has been changed? I wait forever for the battle store to appear in festival plaza so that method is unreliable.
They're in the Mount Lanakila store, which is probably too late to be useful for you. You could always add some to your bag with pkhex!

Buffel Saft

Male
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
when you said Pokémon can ev trained with no grinding what does that mean?
If you use power items and follow this: "EV reduction berries are available cheaply at the Thrifty Megamart; using them to remove unwanted EVs occasionally will eventually get you the stats you want." you can EV train as you play through the game without needing to KO a bazillion Zubats.

Buffel Saft

Male
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
Sooo that means whenever I give a Pokémon a EV reducing berry it will increase another EV stat at random or am I not understanding it right?
No, they just remove EVs you don't want. Just keep using them occasionally until you only have the EVs you do want, and you'll get the same result as the grindy EV training method, but it'll happen as you play through the game without needing to grind.
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1 posts
1 Days
Made an account just to post here.
Pretty incredible that you're still replying to the thread all these years later!

I've been playing Photonic Sun for the past few days and I've been enjoying it a lot. I'm not a big pokemon fan and I was looking for a hack that allowed me to catch everything, this one caught my eye since USUM have the most pokemon in them out of any game.

I got the standard version since I don't personally care for more in depth changes and am fine playing the games as close to original as possible, minus being able to catch everyone. What I didn't expect was for the difficulty to be altered so much. I did play through most of Moon a few years ago so at first I was glad to have a little more of a challenge, but right now I'm at the grass trial grinding a Typhlosion 10-15 levels so I have someone type effective who won't die immediately. I presume I'll be regularly fighting full level 100 teams later on in the game? I'm not at all well versed in pokemon so I don't really know a single thing about team building or any competitive strategy other than "have a guy with bigger numbers and the right type". Despite that, I've sunk enough hours in that I don't wanna restart with lower difficulty, so this is gonna be an experience.

Aside from this particular moment at the grass trial though, I've been having a lot of fun! Definitely more than I expected with US considering my time with Moon. Seeing new pokemon pop up all over is pretty exciting, and it'll be fun to catch everything. I guess I'm going for a living Pokedex, since there doesn't seem to be a national dex in alola from what I've heard. I don't think there's a way to edit the Pokedex to include the missing pokemon, is there? I'm sure someone would've done it by now.

TL;DR: A bit hard if you're not big into pokemon, but good stuff overall! Well done.

Buffel Saft

Male
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
Made an account just to post here.
Pretty incredible that you're still replying to the thread all these years later!

I've been playing Photonic Sun for the past few days and I've been enjoying it a lot. I'm not a big pokemon fan and I was looking for a hack that allowed me to catch everything, this one caught my eye since USUM have the most pokemon in them out of any game.

I got the standard version since I don't personally care for more in depth changes and am fine playing the games as close to original as possible, minus being able to catch everyone. What I didn't expect was for the difficulty to be altered so much. I did play through most of Moon a few years ago so at first I was glad to have a little more of a challenge, but right now I'm at the grass trial grinding a Typhlosion 10-15 levels so I have someone type effective who won't die immediately. I presume I'll be regularly fighting full level 100 teams later on in the game? I'm not at all well versed in pokemon so I don't really know a single thing about team building or any competitive strategy other than "have a guy with bigger numbers and the right type". Despite that, I've sunk enough hours in that I don't wanna restart with lower difficulty, so this is gonna be an experience.

Aside from this particular moment at the grass trial though, I've been having a lot of fun! Definitely more than I expected with US considering my time with Moon. Seeing new pokemon pop up all over is pretty exciting, and it'll be fun to catch everything. I guess I'm going for a living Pokedex, since there doesn't seem to be a national dex in alola from what I've heard. I don't think there's a way to edit the Pokedex to include the missing pokemon, is there? I'm sure someone would've done it by now.

TL;DR: A bit hard if you're not big into pokemon, but good stuff overall! Well done.
Thanks! I'm still working on ROM hacking stuff so it makes sense to keep an eye on my hacks' threads too.

Yeah, trainers will hit level 100 just in time for the league and most of the victory road trainers will be packing full teams. Ideally your team will also be at 100 (or very close) by then too. Good type variety is enough for most fights, but you'll probably need a plan for a certain boss battle later on, as it's very difficult (almost impossible even!) to beat without one.

Glad you're having fun though! Sadly restoring the national dex is beyond my abilities; it's possible but you'd need to really know what you're doing.