• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon Card?

Zarude

Self-Certified Comma Abuser
Years
This is not entirely related to the TCG, but what's your favorite Pokemon Card?
My favorite is my Mewtwo. I used to have a Jolteon, but I gave that to a friend.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
New Discovery Espeon and the Rainbow Sylveon GX for me! :)

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
The first Meowth card because it was one of the first cards that I got, and being a Meowth fan, I will always treasure it. I also have a soft spot for the cards in the first Neo set like Togepi, Wooper, and Ledyba since I have fond memories of attaining them.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Base set Charizard....100% nostalgia and a card I've never pulled :(

Ah, I know this feeling soooo damn well. I suffered endlessly for a Base Set Charizard for many, many years as a child until I one day finally pulled one.

Then, I guess the planets aligned and my ancestral guides intervened in my favor because the VERY FIRST Evolutions pack I opened I pulled the Charizard. Go figure. :p

Zarude

Self-Certified Comma Abuser
Years
Which Mewtwo is it that you have? There's a lot of different Mewtwo cards out there.

As for me, my favorite for playing is Raichu Lv. X. For appearance it's my full art Japanese Shiny Collection Meloetta EX.

Sorry for pretty late reply, but my Mewtwo is the classic re release.
Mewtwo__51_108__Evolutions.jpg

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
This was my first ever TCG card so even though the one I own is in awful condition nowadays, it's still my favorite.

SalamenceEXDeltaSpecies14.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 1, 2019
My favourite is the first holo which I packed, Dark Weezing. Although I dont have my original one anymore I did buy a PSA 9 version of it

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm going to add this gem to my list of favorites! The mosaic texturing is just so unique!
Moltres-Zapdos-Articuno-GX.SM.210.29012.png

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 1, 2022
That's a tough question... We always like different cards for different reasons (e.g., for their use in decks, for our memories of how we obtained them, for the design, etc.). One that stands out for me is the holofoil Gengar from the Fossil set. Gengar was always my favourite Pok'emon, and I got a Fossil booster pack from a magazine before the set had been officially released in Australia. The rare in that booster pack was the holofoil Gengar, which was the card I wanted the most at the time, so that's probably my favourite. But Blaine's Arcanine (Gym Challenge set) and Shining Gyarados (Neo Revelation set) are close behind.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Southern Islands Mew is hands-down my favorite Pokémon card. We never got the binders around here (at least to my knowledge), but I was fortunate enough to pull one as a hidden bonus card from a third-party blister pack. Mysterious and considered the rarest Pokémon at the time, I was tickled to bits! It was also my first reverse-holo.

Spoiler:

The original Here Comes Team Rocket! (holo) is also way up there. I remember being bummed that I didn't pull any holos from a pack I bought at the mall, but I noticed the shine on this card once I got outside. It felt even more special being the first holo I ever pulled that wasn't a Pokémon. First Edition, too!

Spoiler:

In terms of card art, Vending Series Eevee is my favorite. Not only is this Eevee particularly adorable (its proportions make it look like a baby), but the atmosphere is like nothing I've seen on any other card.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yes! Southern Island Mew is so beautiful! Every time I see one I just HAVE to have it! (●♡∀♡)

Years
I've actually got two answers.

The first is a Japanese Butterfree from the Jungle set. Butterfree's always been my favorite Pokemon, and I was desperate to have a Butterfree card, but the Jungle set hadn't been released internationally, and Butterfree wasn't included in the Base Set. My cousin actually ordered one for me, and to this day I still have it tucked away in a binder with the rest of my early set holo cards.

The other one was the original Gardevoir ex card from the ex Sandstorm set. It was the ace in my deck for the longest time, and was pretty OP for the time (attack damage equalling either the number of cards in the opponent's hand, or the number of energy cards in play). I won many a battle with it, and it was probably the last time I was truly into the TCG outside of collecting.

Back