• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Windows 7 - Failed to Unpack Files

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Mar 5, 2018
I'm trying to install the game on a (fully Updated Windows 7 Home Premium) new machine.

I am using the latest installer (seriously, I just downloaded the msi file today).

I can install the game just fine, but upon loading it for the first time, I continue to get a "failed to unpack files!" error every time. I have uninstalled the game and restarted my computer several times.

1.) I have uninstalled the game by going to programs and features and clicking uninstall.
2.) I have uninstalled the game by going to the AppData folder and remove all the relevant folders.

It still comes up with the same error "failed to unpack files!" every time.

What can I do to get this working?

Years
I'm trying to install the game on a (fully Updated Windows 7 Home Premium) new machine.

I am using the latest installer (seriously, I just downloaded the msi file today).

I can install the game just fine, but upon loading it for the first time, I continue to get a "failed to unpack files!" error every time. I have uninstalled the game and restarted my computer several times.

1.) I have uninstalled the game by going to programs and features and clicking uninstall.
2.) I have uninstalled the game by going to the AppData folder and remove all the relevant folders.

It still comes up with the same error "failed to unpack files!" every time.

What can I do to get this working?

Never seen this before. Have you checked that your system's hardware specifications meet the recommended hardware specifications for the software?

Back