• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Crest

Celestial Shine
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
How can one change the white-out text in Pokemon FR? And the mother's dialog at home after the whiteout?

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016

Write the flag of the script to your OW's Person I.D.
2nqr585.png

Oké I understand, but when you make a script with PokéTronic you don't see the script. You must choose the level and the Pokémon and than you get a code. That code you must type by advanced map, but you don't get a script where you can place the flag in. And... I'm not good with scripts, so how can I make a script with a flag?

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Okay, this is starting to drive me a bit crazy now:
Does ANYBODY know ANYTHING about changing the footprints in Emerald??
FPE doesn't work, and I've just searched through the whole ROM with Tile Molester and found nothing...
Please?? Help? Anyone?

(And while I'm here, does anyone know:
How to change the cry without messing up the game?
How to change Tutor Move Data?)

Okay, this is starting to drive me a bit crazy now:
Does ANYBODY know ANYTHING about changing the footprints in Emerald??
FPE doesn't work, and I've just searched through the whole ROM with Tile Molester and found nothing...
Please?? Help? Anyone?

(And while I'm here, does anyone know:
How to change the cry without messing up the game?
How to change Tutor Move Data?)

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
For some reason when i replace a map on fire red with a new map it always has the same name as the first town, and if i try to change the name it changes the name of the first town as well...
I understand you can only have so many map names in one rom but i am not adding a new map i am replacing a old one and i would like to keep the name of the old one...

If anyone knows how to fix this can you please PM me...

Open up the map you want to move and then go to the header tab. There will be two places where the name of the map is shown at the top - a dropdown bar and a place where you can change its name. Open the dropdown bar and choose where you want the map to be moved. Save Advance Map and then press F5. If you do this correctly your map should have moved to the location you chose in the bar.

How can one change the white-out text in Pokemon FR? And the mother's dialog at home after the whiteout?

You can use a text editing tool such as Advance Text to search for and then change the dialogue, or HEX edit it with a tablet file.

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2013
So I am trying to put in a bank-like system (like in GSC) and I was going to use givemoney, paymoney with set money amounts using multi-choice. I was wondering if money had a specific variable. I would think yes, but the presence of the previous commands leaves me unsure. If it does, it would be nice if someone could point out a way to make a dialogue box to choose specific amounts. Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2011
Need Pokemon Yellow Help

Hello.
First off, I'm not ENTIRELY new to ROM hacking, but it has been a very long time. Anyway, I'm working on this very short video project that will include an enhanced (hacked) version of Pokemon Yellow. I'm only going to be showing up until after the first rival battle, right after you recieve your pokemon. The idea is to give it a fresh look, but I'm also doing stuff that wouldn't be possible to insert into a GBC ROM, such as Video overlays, Voices, and Instrumental Music Remixes. I'm just going to add that into the video using Sony Vegas.

So the only things I'm going to need are in pallet town, ash's house, and oaks lab, but here they are:

Full Colorization (I know Pokemon Yellow has color capabilities, but the pallete is extremely bland)

New Sprites (I'll only need them for Pikachu and Eeve, Ash [Back only], Gary, and Oak. or whatever other pokemon appear at the start of the game)

New Overworld Sprites (Just make them look better)

New Tiles (This pretty much goes in with the colorization. I need the tiles in the overworld to look better, or at least different

I think thats about it. Before you say it, yes I have looked already. But Pokemon Yellow seems to be lacking some tools that Red and Blue have.
I either need to know how to do these things, or, seeing as though theres not a whole lot to do, have it done for me. (yeah.... i know, that's pretty bad of me to ask that.)

Reminder: This ROM isn't intended to be played after pallete town. It's just a visual enhancement for a video i'm making

Years
Is there any possible way to dump the text in Pokémon Black/White? I've searched the Internet for hours and found absolutely nothing. I don't plan to make a hack at all, but I've been wanting to dump a Spanish ROM so that I would have a list of items, cities/towns, moves, etc. really easily (don't ask). Is there any equivalent of thenewpoketext for Gen V? Thanks.

ShadowMrk

Intangible
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2018
So I am trying to put in a bank-like system (like in GSC) and I was going to use givemoney, paymoney with set money amounts using multi-choice. I was wondering if money had a specific variable. I would think yes, but the presence of the previous commands leaves me unsure. If it does, it would be nice if someone could point out a way to make a dialogue box to choose specific amounts. Thanks!

I'm not sure what address the money is held at ,but you can be sure that it's not in the 0x0000 - 0xFFFF range of scripting variables. This is because a script variable can only hold up to 65535 (0xFFFF) and we all know that you can have up to $999,999. You'll want to do a RAM Search for the money and then find an ASM Hacker (such as me) to write a few money manipulation routines that you can use in your scripts. If you need me to write the routines , I'd be more than happy to help :)
As for the multi-choice boxes, there is a tool that will allow you to change the text of the multi-choice boxes in the Toolbox sub-forum.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
I accidentally wrote over data from the 0x4527A0 area to around 0x4566D4. If I can get my uncooperative hex editor to work, I can just re-rewrite that data from a clean ROM into mine and fix what I did right? Right now, the graphics error in the attachment happens. As far as I know, that was the only casualty of my mistake.

Attachments

• Crimson.png
    Crimson.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 9
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2011
I'm having trouble getting this to work
(spoilered because of URL rules)
Spoiler:

I'm assuming I'm entering the wrong number into setvar 0x1014
is it 0x297 (the number show in sappy) or just 297. Or is it the advance map song number (13B or something)

I followed every step and used all the same offsets, so what else could have gone wrong?

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
On advance map, when i try to save a tileset, it sometimes says "Export of this pallete not possible,there are multiple entries for the same color in the pallete"

if someone could help it would be appreciated.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
On advance map, when i try to save a tileset, it sometimes says "Export of this pallete not possible,there are multiple entries for the same color in the pallete"

That just means if i am not wrong that there are two of the same colour in the pallete, check every single pallete again.

:My Problem:
i am inserting a tile, which been some time i do them, but there is this problem i encounter now which did not happen the last time, maybe i forgot something.xD

Anyway, i follow Cello tut on this and indexed the image using infranview since the tile pal was above 16, then i use photoshop cs5 to save the pallete,
Then i open AM to load the pallete. The problem i get is that the pallete that was loaded on AM was diffirent then the one i save from photoshop, not all but the top part.. see the image below for more understanding.

fdsgd.jpg

On Photoshop

gfhgf.jpg

On Advance Map

This is a question,
From Cello tut, the part where we need to indexed the image,
he have the Black and white as the "forced" and transparent ticked,
the problem is that when i do that the pal increase by three so i put the "Forced as none" and unticked the transparency..
will this have any effect on my inserting process?
but still the main problem is the first one..
I hope someone could help me with it.

Regareds,
Ace

kringlur

Velkominn í heim POKéMON!
Years
I was using pokétext to translate yellow version, but special characters like á and ð don't show up (they turn into "x"). How do I fix this? I looked at a Norwegian version and special characters like that turned into & when viewed with pokétext.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday

I think the error message speaks for itself. 2 pallette colours are the same, and that is no good, just change one of them by a small amount, and it should let you save the tileset.

Crimson, your issue is hard to understand. If I understand right, there are 2 issues, right?

1. The colour may have changed by 3 to fit the ROM, as all pallettes need to have R, G and B values that are a multiple of 8.

2. I don't really understand this one, I guess you mean that not all colours are added, and the ones that are are in a different order. If so, that may only cause some problems if the order was extremely different to the old pallette (as in, a green is now a brown), but only to old tiles. Otherwise, it is best to manually insert the pallettes, to make sure they are all right.

kringlur

Years
Is there a hex editor that lets you edit the rom's text directly (automatically translating it to the hex values)? I've been trying out a few different editors and just haven't come across one like that yet.
Mac and Win programs would be equally useful.

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
I was using pokétext to translate yellow version, but special characters like á and ð don't show up (they turn into "x"). How do I fix this? I looked at a Norwegian version and special characters like that turned into & when viewed with pokétext.
USA version doesn't have those characters in its text graphics, so you'd have to edit text graphics (stored, in 1BPP format, at 0x10600, if I'm not wrong), or use the Norwegian version.

Is there a hex editor that lets you edit the rom's text directly (automatically translating it to the hex values)? I've been trying out a few different editors and just haven't come across one like that yet.
Mac and Win programs would be equally useful.
Hexeccute supports .tbl files (text table files), but it's not the only one; basically you have to load the table (View attachment 59440, rename this file "poke.tbl"; I've added the ".txt", because this site doesn't allow .tbl attachment) and open your ROM, then write data in the right part of the editor ('text area', opposite to the left-located 'hex area'); to find texts you just have to search through the ROM scrolling, or using the built-in Search function (which by the way is a little bit buggy in Hexeccute so you might want to try also some other hex editors).

kringlur

Years
USA version doesn't have those characters in its text graphics, so you'd have to edit text graphics (stored, in 1BPP format, at 0x10600, if I'm not wrong), or use the Norwegian version.

Hexeccute supports .tbl files (text table files), but it's not the only one; basically you have to load the table (View attachment 59440, rename this file "poke.tbl"; I've added the ".txt", because this site doesn't allow .tbl attachment) and open your ROM, then write data in the right part of the editor ('text area', opposite to the left-located 'hex area'); to find texts you just have to search through the ROM scrolling, or using the built-in Search function (which by the way is a little bit buggy in Hexeccute so you might want to try also some other hex editors).

The Norwegian version doesn't have the characters I need either. I tried using Tile Layer Pro to look at the alphabet in both the Norwegian and English versions, but I couldn't find all of the alphabet in either or the "extra" characters in the Norwegian version (past m or so). Is there another graphics editor you'd recommend?

Thanks, I already knew the table stuff but still (I've been loading my table and then changing the text by editing the hex side, because the hex editor I was using didn't allow editing of the text side. I'm just getting tired of writing hex numbers).
I tried Hexeccute just now, but the non-working search function makes it difficult to use for me (I search a lot!). I'll look for more editors again, I guess...

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
That just means if i am not wrong that there are two of the same colour in the pallete, check every single pallete again.

:My Problem:
i am inserting a tile, which been some time i do them, but there is this problem i encounter now which did not happen the last time, maybe i forgot something.xD

Anyway, i follow Cello tut on this and indexed the image using infranview since the tile pal was above 16, then i use photoshop cs5 to save the pallete,
Then i open AM to load the pallete. The problem i get is that the pallete that was loaded on AM was diffirent then the one i save from photoshop, not all but the top part.. see the image below for more understanding.

fdsgd.jpg

On Photoshop

gfhgf.jpg

On Advance Map

This is a question,
From Cello tut, the part where we need to indexed the image,
he have the Black and white as the "forced" and transparent ticked,
the problem is that when i do that the pal increase by three so i put the "Forced as none" and unticked the transparency..
will this have any effect on my inserting process?
but still the main problem is the first one..
I hope someone could help me with it.

Regareds,
Ace
you have to change the PAL manually,I think because IrfanView saves the pal differently.
And,hereby repeating the question,because I really need an answer.
'what are the offsets for the 1st,3rd,4th and 6th firered tile palletes?'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back