• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianofAura

Aura Guardian
Years
PMD Help

Welcome! I am creating this post to help all of you out there who need help with PMD games. I am a veteran at PMD, especially Explorers of Sky, and will gladly answer any questions you have. E.g. How can I defeat Grand Master of all Things Bad? or Where do you find the Amber Tear? I can answer nearly any question you throw at me, as long as it's from the PMD games, and i'll answer with care. If you need help, feel free to ask for it! =D

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Welcome! I am creating this post to help all of you out there who need help with PMD games. I am a veteran at PMD, especially Explorers of Sky, and will gladly answer any questions you have. E.g. How can I defeat Grand Master of all Things Bad? or Where do you find the Amber Tear? I can answer nearly any question you throw at me, as long as it's from the PMD games, and i'll answer with care. If you need help, feel free to ask for it! =D
You don't need to announce it... xD
Once someone asks, someone answers it that's how it goes.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
You don't need to announce it... xD
Once someone asks, someone answers it that's how it goes.

True dat.

tbh my question is:
What are the Pokémon differences between PMD - RRT and PMD - BRT?

GuardianofAura

Aura Guardian
Years
True dat.

tbh my question is:
What are the Pokémon differences between PMD - RRT and PMD - BRT?

Soz, i'm still getting used to this stuff. Anyway, the difference between the two games are very slim. BRT has more updated sound effects and higher quality music. The overall difference of the game-play though is minimal.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
Poke Hack Checker

Okay, Straight to it. I need a question answered.
& I need somebody to check my Pokemon for hacks. Not many just 2 or 3.

Question is; If a Pokemon is bred from a hacked Pokemon. Is the hatchling hacked also?

And i have tried to trade my Lapras to the GTS to use Pokecheck. So i can see if its hacked. (which it is not because i caught it in game. (HGSS)
But still. But it won't let me upload the Pokemon. Is this because of Nintendo's sensor?

As in you cannot trade a Pokemon to the GTS with swear words in the name.
Example; You cannot trade Weedle because it contains the word "weed" in its name.

Is this my problem? If so how can i check if my Pokemon are hacked?
If i can figure this out on my own, I won't need somebody to check for me.

Thanks guys your help will be appreciated.

EDIT: IM TALKING ABOUT GEN IV GAMES.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If a Pokemon is bred from a hacked Pokemon, or a hacked Pokemon and a legit Pokemon, it's still considered legit because it was obtained by in-game methods, and not outside methods like Action Replay.

Nintendo shouldn't be preventing you from uploading to Pokecheck though. I think you should be able to get help with that in Trade Corner's chit chat thread or something. They know a lot about it there.

If you can't get Pokecheck to work, there is a hack check thread in Trade Corner and you can get someone else to check your Pokemon for you.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Don't know where this needs to go, but how are the F.E.A.R pokes obtained? I'm trying to get an aron that's why I put this question in this section.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Don't know where this needs to go, but how are the F.E.A.R pokes obtained? I'm trying to get an aron that's why I put this question in this section.

Breed two Aron from Mistralton Cave (or Lairon from Clay Tunnel), until you get an offspring Aron with Sturdy. Teach the Aron the appropriate moves:
-Endeavor (Nacrene City move tutor for 12 Green Shards)
-Toxic (from Seaside Cave, TM06)
-Protect (Battle Subway/Pokemon World Tournament for 6 BP, TM17)
-Hidden Power Rock (PWT/Battle Subway for 18 BP)/Rock Slide (Mistralton Cave, TM80)

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Breed two Aron from Mistralton Cave (or Lairon from Clay Tunnel), until you get an offspring Aron with Sturdy. Teach the Aron the appropriate moves:
-Endeavor (Nacrene City move tutor for 12 Green Shards)
-Toxic (from Seaside Cave, TM06)
-Protect (Battle Subway/Pokemon World Tournament for 6 BP, TM17)
-Hidden Power Rock (PWT/Battle Subway for 18 BP)/Rock Slide (Mistralton Cave, TM80)

Can this be done on a Gen. game or No? I mean I can transfer to 5th Gen. for moves, just wondering.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Will the ability change with leveling up?

No. If you get an Aron with Sturdy, then its ability will stay fixed that way; you can't change it (though some Pokemon change their abilities when they evolve; in Aron's case, its evolved forms share the abilities Sturdy and Rock Head).

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I wasn't sure where to post this so here it goes:

In light of the Event Torchic to be released, I'm just wondering if anyone knows what Ireland is like in terms of getting Event Pokemon? I kinda want it but I've never done an event before.

So what is Ireland like, do we fare the same as the UK or do I have a hope?
And what exactly do you do at an event? how does the pokemon manifest in your game?

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Here's something I'm having trouble with... I'm trying to trade online with someone else here. We're both using Diamond/Pearl on a 3DS, we both have Wireless internet connection, etc. Now the strange part. We can't seem to register each other in the pal pad, we've double checked and what not, it won't work. What seems to be the problem? It keeps saying 'Friend Code wrong' ...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Did you obtain your FC using your 3DS or another DS? You get a different FC for each device - I've had that problem swapping between DSLite and DSi. And if it's not you, your friend? Just my suggestion :)

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I obtained it with my 3DS, not sure about the person I'm trading with though. Are you suggesting that our DS systems are unable to communicate due to obtaining the FC on a different DS model?

EDIT: Massive misunderstanding! haha, the individual I'm trading with was adding my FC on the '3DS friend code menu' not in the Pokemon game, he was giving me his 3DS FC hence why it wasn't registering... Thanks for the quick reply regardless! ;D

Last edited:

SinfulGuroRose

Ignore me, I'm socially inept.
Years
I'm curious, has anyone else ever had issues with the voice recognition in Hey You! Pikachu? I don't actually own it anymore, but I remember when I was a kid, Pikachu did crazy, off the wall stuff that didn't even make sense based on what I told it to do. I watched a guy do a Let's Play, and his Pikachu did the same thing. o:

reniersnyder

The Glaceon Girl
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 26, 2018
Were can I find decent Pokemon Trainer sprites that have a white background? I can't find a May sprite like that. Any help. I can't get on deviantart.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Were can I find decent Pokemon Trainer sprites that have a white background? I can't find a May sprite like that. Any help. I can't get on deviantart.

There are many sites out there that offer decent-looking trainer sprites, such as PokéCheck and PokéStadium. Maybe you could try one of those? =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back