• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Super Rising Thunder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Things have gotten pretty quiet around here in this Super Rising Thunder thread. How's the progress going Parka?

I'm still looking forward to seeing some new videos of the ROM hack and possibly some more screenshots. I cannot wait to see more of what is yet to come in the storyline. ^^

I'd like to see some more new tiles in the ROM hack as well, it surely would spice things up a bit more.

AshtonTS

Umbreon
Years
  • Age 27
  • CT
  • Seen Dec 6, 2014
This looks AWESOME. Can't wait until the beta is released. Keep up the good work ;)

GXS

<---Following Red ;P
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2012
Yeah this hack has exactally what ive been looking for, a good story that is mature and keeps me interested, I really appreciate you working on this rom!

Smallbirdie

Lurker Extraordinaire!
Years
Congratulations on coming up with a spectacular, unique twist on Pokemon! Best of luck on your hack, and I look forward to Beta!
I'd like to second the request for more screenshots too :)

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Whoa, I waited so long to find a dark, serious story in a hack! Are humans extinct in this game?

Aurora Vulpix

Vulpix FTW
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2012
Sorry if I'm a little late, but...wow. Your ideas are SO original, the fact you get to play as a Pokémon and the whole story and it's elements are...amazing. Keep up the great work!

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
A lot of hacks take years to release a beta. Darkcry, Prism, Ruby Destiny Life of Guardians, etc. I would like to see an update though, but that's up to Pink Parka Girl.

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
I am alive!

First off, I want to apologize for that (very long!) pause between updates...there was a lot going on in my life, and some of it was the sort I don't really want to talk about. :( But a lot of good has happened, too - I'm living in a new apartment; got a brand new laptop (no more tinny sound in my videos! :) ); could find myself employed in the very near future, and best of all, I have a wonderful boyfriend. ^^ But you're not here to read about boring old me - let's get to the updates!

As can be seen by watching this video, someone new is traveling with you!

Image113.png

This is Pansy, a Southern Belle Beautifly who can be a bit prone to histrionics - and who is also a bit more interested in your usefulness to her than actually caring about your cause to travel North and save the world. "Delusions of grandeur," she dares to call them! But what does she have such a Beedrill in her bonnet about in the first place?

Image115-1.png

"Slavers?" What does this mean? If you have a good memory and have followed the thread for a while, you might know a bit about what she's talking about...

And, she can be nasty to you when she wants to be!
Image116.png

I'm not a bottom-feeder. D:

The red-and-gold dungeon backdrop to all this action has a few secrets in store for you as well:

Image114.png

Yeah, I don't like those rocks, either. Just look at 'em. Ugly things.

Image118.png
Image119.png

Our first sighting of human writing in the game. It's actually meant to be Modern English as we know it and speak it, but to these People living hundreds of years in the future, it makes about as much sense as..well, that gibberish we see up there makes to us. Add in the fact that at this stage in the proto-Mystery Dungeon verse, People have not yet developed written language, and it's even more incomprehensible...

Writing in this mysterious language appears throughout the game, and it can be translated if you're clever to reveal all sorts of mysteries of what came before. Braille also appears, which is meant to represent more recent messages left by "Magicians: in the days shortly before - and shortly after - the Flashes. The language of that time is closer to that which is being spoken by characters in the game, and is thus written in a way that is relatively easy for the player to decipher, as a subtle bit of symbolism.

I have no screenshots of this next bit of information, but in this Dungeon you find the first of what I call a "traverse item" - Key Items that can be used to solve puzzles and to explore nooks and crannies for items, secret rooms, and other special stuff. This particular one - the Long Stick - could, for example, be poked into a suspiciously out of place tree to dislodge goodies, as well as for typical dungeon-crawling purposes. Think Zelda, again. :)

I hope I've given you enough interesting stuff to feed your brains till the next update! And I promise, this time I won't make you wait. ^^' At least too long. XD

Skizzieren

- to outline; design
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 29, 2013
I love the look of this hack! The idea is great, the tiles and palettes are appealing, and the scripting looks very well-done. I'll definitely give this one a playthrough once a release comes.

pancakeonmyhead

Kpop Enthusiast
Years
Hai, just came by to say that I'm really looking forward to this, I've been lurking for a while and thought I'd show my support.
This just looks amazing and stunning, and I'm really excited.
Good luck ~

Last edited:
Years
This storyline is just EPIC!!
I hope this hack makes it to completion... personally I think its a hack which shouldn't be abandoned (No Pressure :P)
You have my support :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Good to hear you and the project are alive. It's promising really well so best of luck. And you can bore us silly with the "boring old you" as long as you just keep up the good work. >.< Nah, honestly, I don't think anyone minds at all. (It's actually soothing that something beyond this project is keeping your spirits high.) Oh, and congrats on your creativity. Give me atmospheric games any day!

minime010

All food belongs to me.
Years
Good, at least we know ur alive :P. I like how you made the modern english language a gibberishy type language. Keep up the creative work.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Yay! Now my patience is shortened thanks to those wonderful story updates! I can't wait for a beta! You know, I think this is the first time I've seen an accent in a Pokemon game. Wait, Ruby Destiny had that weird "shientisht" guy. So this the second time I've seen a noticeable accent. It really spices things up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back