• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Can anybody help me out with my gigaliths ev CONFIRMATION that i did it correctly?

I am almost entirely sure I have invested my ev's in the correct stats but would be eternally grateful for some confirmation with my gigalith, who was ev trained primarily as a roggenrola and boldore.

Lvl. 42
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Proud of its power
HP:129
ATK:172
DEF:115
Sp. ATK: 50
Sp. DEF: 67
SPD: 63
(EV's: 255 SPD, 255 ATK) *HOPEFULLY*

Thank you so much. Please do not send me links for stat calculators or EV, DV, IV (or any other two letter acronym) guides, and thank you again for helping !!!

Kendosis

Gym Leader
Years
Quick question: Are there any trainers in the region with a Pichu,Pikachu or Raichu ?
I'm trying to complete my pokedex.

iRoyBoy

Is the definition of yaoi
Years
I also have a quick question. This has probably been answered many times before me, but my computer is to slow for me to read the last fifty some pages.

Exactly how do the feathers work. How many feathers do I have to give to a pokemon to increase it's bace stats. And does the raise in stat count as an Effort Value or does it not go off of EV's.

again, sorry for the question repeat D:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Each feather is 1EV of its respective stat.

You can use maximum 100EVS, so 100 Feathers. This is equivelant to using 10 of one vitamin bought from NPCs (Calcium, Protein, Zinc, etc.)

You need 4 feathers to boost that stat (assuming the feathers are for the same stat) a grand total of one (1) point. You'll still need to get the rest of the EVs by battling, as you can only get 100 from feathers, so ~156EVs need to be gained from monsters.

This is what I've understood.

Years
  • Age 26
  • U.S.
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
I also have a quick question. This has probably been answered many times before me, but my computer is to slow for me to read the last fifty some pages.

Exactly how do the feathers work. How many feathers do I have to give to a pokemon to increase it's bace stats. And does the raise in stat count as an Effort Value or does it not go off of EV's.

again, sorry for the question repeat D:

While what the person before me said is mostly accurate only one detail is flawed: wings/feathers do not have a 100 EV maximum limit. Other than that the person before me is completely correct. Courtesy of Bulbapedia

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
Basic EV calculations are still there.
But with wings its unlimited unlike vitamins which are limited to 10.
So 40 wings = 10 extra stat points
though you are not going to get it all in one level. Sometimes you will though.

iRoyBoy

Is the definition of yaoi
Years
I think I understand now. So fourty of say muscle wings will give me 10 points of EV's in my attack stat. And I can get up to the usual 256 -or somewhere around ther- points by just using wings.
not that that's the most time eficent way. I was just trying to understand the calculation of it.
if that's right then I understand how it works now. I'm not so confused as to why my stats aren't growing.

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2011
Boruterosu

Can anyone tell me where i can find Boruterosu. I have already met him but i cant find him anywhere. Ill trade one if you want

Years
First of all, how far are you in the game, since you get a Lucky Egg, so EXP multiplier is out of the question unless you're really desperate and need a real boost, which is what I'm going to guess.

Rare candies...okay, first off how much are you trying to get? If you're going for 999, that could be a problem, since you can only really have 99, otherwise your game will get corrupted.

Years
so if I ev train a pokemon I won't see a difference until it hits lv. 100?

You will see the difference, but you won't have all 63 points until level 100. You'll get an extra +1 on most level-ups, so the higher your level, the more benefit you're getting. I've got EV trained Pokemon that I've used in-game and even at around level 60, I could tell a big difference.

Years
I'm assuming you mean Thunderus, so first off you'll need White, got it? If you got Black...yeah, you're screwed.

But anyway, unless you've listened to the story and stuff, went to the Abundant Shrine blah blah blah you know that you need both present, correct?

So you're trying to Landorus.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
Does time of evolution affect the final stat?
e.g. Charmander usually gains +1
Charmelion usually gains +2
and Charizard usually gains +3
without EV training
So my guess is a Charizard Lv.40 will gain +3 were as a Lv.40 Charmander will gain +1

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Does time of evolution affect the final stat?
e.g. Charmander usually gains +1
Charmelion usually gains +2
and Charizard usually gains +3
without EV training
So my guess is a Charizard Lv.40 will gain +3 were as a Lv.40 Charmander will gain +1

Doesn't really matter. If you hold off on evolving charmander then it wouldn't hurt him in the long run because once he evolves to Charizard he'll gain all the stats he's supposed to have at that level depending on the nature, EV's, Iv's, etc. If anything, some people keep pre-evolutions for a while to learn strong moves at a much earlier level than the evolved form would.

tl;dr Time of evolution doesn't affect the final stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back