• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Good Team

~PokemonMaster~

Up-And-Coming Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Hello everyone. I would like to create a team that is very reliable and can deal with many different threats. I was wondering if this would be a good team? If not, please give suggestions or even revamp it completely. Thanks a lot!

Gallade
Jolly 255 atk, 255 spd
-Close Combat
-Swords Dance
-Psycho Cut
-Ice Punch

Tyranitar
Adamant 255 hp 255 sp def
-Earthquake
-Payback
-Stone Edge
-Curse

Empoleon
Modest 255 spd 255 spatk
-Agility
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Grass Knot

Bastiodon
Sassy 255 hp 255 sp def
-Metal Burst
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Curse

That is all I came up with so far. And I do not ask for purely OU pokemon. If you can give me suggestions dealing with Pokemon not considered OU, that would be fantastic. But please do not include legendaries, I do not use them.
Thanks!

Project.

Tarot reading;
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2010
Some helpful information that I and others would like to know... What is the purpose of each Poke on your team?

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
Years
yeah, to be honest. OU pokemon are OU for a reason... if this team is for in-game purposes, then you need to post it the in-game section...

also, T-tar is really a step in the wrong direction, as it creates a sandstorm, damaging Gallade...

perhaps swapping Gallade for Swampert? it allows for a much better lead, and also places entry hazards...

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
252 HP 252 Def 4 SDef

Earthquake
Surf/Waterfall
Stone Edge/Rock Slide
Stealth Rock

if you choose Waterfall, you may take all SDef EV's and a few from Def to place in Attack, but this is a defencive set, don't bother making it sweep...

Alternatively, you could use Aerodactyl (if you do this, swap Stealth Rock on Swampert for Ice Beam)

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Jolly
252 Atk 4 Def 252 Spe

Stone Edge/Rock Slide
Taunt
Stealth Rock
Earthquake

and finally, Lucario or Scizor will do a similar Job to Gallade, but without the Sandstorm damage...

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
also, T-tar is really a step in the wrong direction, as it creates a sandstorm, damaging Gallade...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5574293&postcount=9

This isn't even a sandstorm-based team, it's just a team that uses Tyranitar, meaning it practically doesn't even need to think about the SS damage. One of the reasons this rule even exists is because if he does replace Gallade with Lucario, practically the whole team is weak to fighting and gets swept by Nasty Plot Infernape. Well, it does without, but that's not the point (because without, you can stick Starmie or something into one of the empty slots).

OT: Might want your natures + items. makes it a bit hard to rate without them.

Last edited:

Cheeky Beaver

@ techloom clause
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2011
Gallade as a lead really isn't that good of an idea, with encore however, it is an entirely different story. Encore works really well because of its unpredictability(especially with gallade) on SR/spikes leads because it gives you an opportunity to set up.

Gallade@focus sash
252 att/4 HP/252 spe
Shadow sneak
close combat
swords dance
encore

focus sash will allow you to beat azlef with shadow sneak while CC just provides sheer force.

Also bastidon really does not belong on this team. Having two cursers really is not a good idea. Replace it with dark pulse's swampy suggestion.

As for the last two slots. maybe a mixape and SD luke?

Infernape@ life orb
naive nature
64 att/252 spA/ 192 spe
flamethrower
HP ice
Grass knot
Close combat

And luke...

Lucario@Life orb
jolly nature
252 att/ 4 HP/ 252 spe
swords dance